Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 11-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Likes2Read

Back in the Day, when I first started learning about crystals, the general guideline was that clarity and brightness usually translated into a more potent stone.

These days, though, there seem to be an awful lot of stones that are less-clear, which are being described as having extra energetic attributes. Lemurian points and "Azeztulite" spring to mind as stones which would have received LESS attention in the 1990s, but cost premium prices now thanks to information that was reportedly channeled about them.

I tend to go with whatever I gravitate toward... even if those stones might not resonate as powerfully with someone else, the fact that they resonate with ME tells me they're what *I* need at that time.

And while size, clarity, and brightness can be used as a GENERAL rule when determining the potency of a given stone, the way WE respond to a given stone also has to be factored in. If we respond strongly to it, then no matter what its appearance is, that is a sign that WE need what this stone has to offer; *that* will mean that the stone is powerful for US.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:30 AM
DivaOfLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2Read
Back in the Day, when I first started learning about crystals, the general guideline was that clarity and brightness usually translated into a more potent stone.

These days, though, there seem to be an awful lot of stones that are less-clear, which are being described as having extra energetic attributes. Lemurian points and "Azeztulite" spring to mind as stones which would have received LESS attention in the 1990s, but cost premium prices now thanks to information that was reportedly channeled about them.

I tend to go with whatever I gravitate toward... even if those stones might not resonate as powerfully with someone else, the fact that they resonate with ME tells me they're what *I* need at that time.

And while size, clarity, and brightness can be used as a GENERAL rule when determining the potency of a given stone, the way WE respond to a given stone also has to be factored in. If we respond strongly to it, then no matter what its appearance is, that is a sign that WE need what this stone has to offer; *that* will mean that the stone is powerful for US.

According Vedic system - there are are 7 main planets and 2 shadow planets which coresspond to each day of the week and allocated a precious gemstone. So 9 precious gemstones or gemstone families. Each gemstones power/rating is according to the lustre, colour and how clear or without defects it is.

Nowadays they are manufacturing gems in labs, hence the high artificial colour. Or people are wearing semi-precious gemstones, which can be used as substitutes but do not have the full affect as the precious gemstones do.