Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa
Maybe it can be that way for people who take the longest and most roundabout path to reach the top of the "mountain of enlightenment".

But what if there is no mountain of enlightenment, then reaching the top is quite a futile task is it not. Maybe that is what the story of Sisyphus is all about: As a punishment for his trickery, King Sisyphus was made to roll a huge boulder up a steep hill. Before he could reach the top, however, the massive stone would always roll back down, forcing him to begin again.
Old 22-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Master

Quote:
But what if there is no mountain of enlightenment, then reaching the top is quite a futile task is it not. Maybe that is what the story of Sisyphus is all about: As a punishment for his trickery, King Sisyphus was made to roll a huge boulder up a steep hill. Before he could reach the top, however, the massive stone would always roll back down, forcing him to begin again.

Maybe you are right, and I like that concept too.

I surely don't know whether there is really "enlightenment" or not, aside from some ideas of oneness and how one is "supposed" to feel or act once they've "correctly" understood/integrated that understanding/enlightenment.

It makes me think of that saying to throw away the raft once we've crossed the river of enlightenment. Maybe that's a metaphor and there is no river. Buddha seemed full of tricks and full of metaphors that were meant to lead you to where you need to go, not to necessarily tell you the whole truth or even tell you the truth at all, perhaps to get you thinking outside the box or acting different, which was meant to lead to one's own internal, personal understanding. Sometimes lies might lead one to where they need to go better than telling the truth. Thus he had different approaches and different teachings for different people.

I tend to think Samsara & Nirvana (suffering and bliss) are in the same realm, the same existence, like there is not necessarily a Heaven one will go to (but maybe that is a possibility). And heaven in a sense is likely to be learning to manage life the best you can, which is how the path is all one path, no matter where you are on the mountain or which path you are on. Okay, I'm starting to confuse myself. lol But I think I see what you're talking about.

So often people are looking for something and it's like they don't even have a clear idea of what it is they're looking for or how to look for it. The feeling of looking for something can perpetuate the sense of lack and the impression that they haven't already found it. It takes an easing into things to really understand and utilize the understandings best. But then, fighting and struggling with things has it's own kind of usefulness and one can ease into the fight (like martial arts?).

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 22-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by missrachel300
Those scores... I would take them with a grain of salt. ;)

Yea, I couldn't find what he based them on, what "skills" he possesses in order to "rate" anyone else's spiritual development. Maybe I missed it, but I was dumbfounded that so many fell into line to have someone else rate their development--with no questioning whatsoever!

Am I crazy for believing I (and maybe guides/soul group) am about the only one who could know this?

Lora
Old 22-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Master
Hey Lora, myself I don't often think very much about what I do. An offer arrives and I jump and I do this simply because when I'm them within whatever I jumped into the reason why I'm there usually surfaces and it could be any number of reasons which I usually couldn't have determined before I jumped.

So it could be that alot of people asked for a score not necessarily to have a score but to discover what it might be like to have a score... or they just wondered what their score might be.

I still remember a friend of mine talking about praying to God about heaven and God said to her that Heaven was so beautiful that the streets were paved with pure gold... a gold so pure it was translucent. She took that at face value but for me it opened up a whole bunch of doors and I find that process of relevant meanings... to your score, as being incredibly interesting.

Like anything the score doesn't matter so much as being given a score allowed the vantage of looking from that point... just as not having a score, whilst others do, offers a new vantage. We all get something that suits us to about turn and peer through the pure gold like it's not even there... but it holds up up to do so.

Not what the thing is but what you do with it is always what progress is about... methinks.
Old 22-03-2013, 07:00 PM
missrachel300

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Yea, I couldn't find what he based them on, what "skills" he possesses in order to "rate" anyone else's spiritual development. Maybe I missed it, but I was dumbfounded that so many fell into line to have someone else rate their development--with no questioning whatsoever!
Lora

I think its only appropriate to maintain a certain level of skepticism.

There are many phonies out there. lol.

I seem to remember that reader saying he communicated with his over-soul to find the numbers.

While I think that person probably has some intuitive abilities... I don't find the reading to be particularly helpful. To me, something seems off about it.

Skill and accuracy are are important when dealing with psychic abilities.
Honesty, soundness and integrity are important when dealing with people. lol.
Old 23-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa
Maybe you are right, and I like that concept too.

I surely don't know whether there is really "enlightenment" or not, aside from some ideas of oneness and how one is "supposed" to feel or act once they've "correctly" understood/integrated that understanding/enlightenment.

This morning as the day dawned on me I thought I would make some kind of breakdown on all of this ascension, enlightenment, awakening, truth thing. Your words sure did (inspire me to write something or) open up a box of words I by accident spilled all over this post So thanks for your beautiful words.

The thing about this here Oneness suggest that it is the truth and that we are all part of it which certainly must make our truth a reflection of the truth. So what I suggest is that if you have found the truth then your truth must be capable of relating to all truths, because all truths then is a reflection of your truth that is the truth.

So knowing the truth then makes you enlightened? Sure let us play with that thought. I know this yet my truth is yet to be one that all truths relate to. I suggest that the reason to that is that there is no the truth so the so called the truth is not one truth but the sum of all truths; meaning that all truths reflect of each other. This leaves the question: what is it you are enlightened about? I suggest that all you can ever be enlightened about is yourself and how your Self relates to others.

Then what is awakening? and why do we suggest some are only dreaming/sleeping when in life our most aware state might be when our body rest because then we do not get interfered by all the beautiful noise the body (/human consciousness) makes. I have a statement about how life is created in the silence yet experienced in the noise that suggest that both is part of the whole (the so called Oneness) and not just the peaceful silence. The other strange thing is if Oneness is to be obtained why do some spiritual people strive towards higher vibrations (more noise)? Should they not seek towards a non-vibrating existence (the silence)? But back to awakening because that is where Sisyphus comes into the picture. I suggest that what is called awakening is just a change in one's perception of the Self and the reality it exist within, and the Self you were before was not less awakened, it was simply just different because it had another perception of reality to reflect itself in. I have had my share of these so called spiritual awakenings and it always seem like there is a new reality to wake up to (if I choose) - a new (spiritual) mountain to roll your boulder up.

The thing about ascended masters is that I find them strange. What makes them ascended? Their ability to "give up"? Because they still take part of this world do they not (at least if you listen to channeled messages and stories of spirit), so how are they then ascended? It is like a crowd at a soccer game. That crowd is filled with the finest collection of soccer players to have ever walked a soccer field if you listen to the words they share. But the question still remains why are they in the crowd and not down on the field playing the game? Are they ascended or simply just not good enough to play? So why should we listen to people who is said to no longer play the game? Simply because they have a different perspective that might be useful. But should we revere them the way some people do over those of us that actually dare to still play the game? Certainly not.

Is it not nice to vent once in awhile Though I hope some of the words in the box I spilled were useful...

Old 23-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Ivy

Like cutting through air with a butterknife. i did enjoy reading that

Old 23-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Master
Just one thing about vibrations. You seem to feel that "higher" vibration means louder or bigger or something. In fact, when a vibration is raised, each "peak" on the wave gets lower/smaller, more compact.

I am confused by your idea that what you are striving for is no noise/no vibration. Energy vibrates. Not just physical things, as far as we know. So, once you no longer vibrate, you/it/the essence of you--would cease to be. Not exist in another form, but cease.

At least that's the way I see it.

Lora

P.S. I do agree that there is no "the truth". I'm not even sure there is true Oneness since all parts of One are always growing, expanding.

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 23-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Quagmire

IsleWalker your statement of louder/bigger/something is an assumptions, I never even suggested anything like that. The word is that the more energy you have pr. square inch the more intense it becomes.

And yes that is the point that Oneness of one = one is achieved by not existing as a vibration; that you move beyond the vibration of the self. But once again you make an assumption; I never said that I was striving towards that. So maybe you are confusing yourself
Old 23-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Master
And what I like about the box of words, that though I might scan them for relevant titbits of revelation, what appeals to me is the playful nature.

That beliefs held steady and unwavering can be thrown in the air and twisted and pulled and generally suspended.

Enlightenment for me is only being lighter. Throwing off the weights of the world and being able to walk across it all light of foot and consequence.

I got a dvd which was of this chap finally getting an audience with the Dalai Lama and he asked him all these serious questions and at the end the chap asked DL about the middle east and especially the Jewish Palestinian thing and DL answered they should have barbeques... that barbeques brought people together to eat and enjoy their children having fun and that's what the longest war in history needed... I agree with him.

And I read something this morning on Facebook by Noam Chomsky about paying for education which basically said that these incurred debts bound the students to the system as unchanging as they know had vested interests in things staying the same.

Our score system is basically the same where the people with the highest scores have a vested interest in that enlightenment paying off whereas the lower scores don't have that same vested interest. Eckhart says the same in one of his books... that spiritually aware people can end up being much further from enlightenment than much less aware people simply because what they have attained needs to be protected whereas the hoi polloi have nothing to lose.