Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Enya

The changes are already happening... people are already awakening - it won't happen 'overnight' on a particular date. Imho, at that time everything that has been awakening over the past few years will come to a head - *then* the work really begins!!

ciel_perdu wrote:
Don't get me wrong, there will be a coming together of sincere people from all religions, spiritual walks, countries, and backgrounds, etc, but to be a part of it we need to be FOLLOWING the Spirit in our lives, being willing to hear what we don't want to hear.

I agree with this. I don't agree with your following comment about people awakening to be against those who follow God. Many, many souls are awakening to the Christ Within. There has always been a negative response to things spiritual... let's not add to it.
Old 27-04-2012, 02:29 PM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciel_perdu
From what I have read from the teachings of Jesus, becoming one is going to cost us a lot more than smiley faces, positive emotional feelings and sitting in silence.

But discipline, like laying ones life down for others, forsaking all ones possession, not working for money but working for love, and listening to the voice of the One in our hearts and obeying Him (or It, if you prefer), is not a very popular message.

Discipline has become a dirty word in today's 'spiritual' age, but it is disciplines, self-control, and a willingness to let go of our opinions, and submit to a Will that is higher than ours, that will lead us to become one.

I don't expect anything to happen on the 21st of December (though I believe 'The Hobbit' comes out at that time, which is exciting! lol),

Don't get me wrong, there will be a coming together of sincere people from all religions, spiritual walks, countries, and backgrounds, etc, but to be a part of it we need to be FOLLOWING the Spirit in our lives, being willing to hear what we don't want to hear.

But what also is going to happen at the same time is that the rest of the world WILL become one, expect they will be united in their common hatred for those who are following God.

This is from the fear of revelations...

THIS is what I HOPE will die off Forever- the Fear of God even in it's most subtlest forms. ^^

I am excited too- I HOPE things change for the better. Not nervous really because I feel we have been slowly going through our difficult transits these last few years. So yeah, bring it on.
Old 27-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
I'm kind of nervous and also a little excited by this possibility of change; nervous because I sense it will entail a massive upheaval...the like of which we have not experienced before. It's not just the mayan calander prophecy - this also dovetails with strong astrological alignments at this time and also co-stars simultaneously with the expected solar flares. It's not gonna be a breeze of a transition!!! At the very least, significant solar flares will disrupt access to this wonderful website.

That said, I welcome the new age of anticipated spiritual awakening - out with the old, corrupt ways and into a new higher state of consciousness...waited so long for a more spiritual society, so, YES PLEASE!!!!

Wow, I agree with everything you said. The only things I would add, I guess that I am expecting, are some kind of contact with alien intelligence (or disclosure of such), and - and I know this one if a bit out there, and might just be my wishful thinking, but it is a thought that has stuck with me for some time - some kind of mutation, spurred by the activation of dormant DNA by the increased radiation we receive from solar flares/CMEs, that causes those who are spiritually ready to 'evolve' to the next level of spiritual reality.

I guess one could say that I have been a student of science and spirituality for some time, and have looked at how prophecy, spirituality and science might all speak to something I have some strong intuitions about. And in my mind, the confleunce of all these things would fulfill not only all of the prophecies by almost all of the world's great religions and spiritual traditions, it would do so through a mechanism that science would recognize as a valid vehicle for creating such changes. It would also answer a lot of questions that science is still mystified by, such as why we have all the "non-encoding DNA", what spurred our evolution from cavemen to modern man in such a short period of time, and whether or not string theory is accurate or not (assuming that some whose DNA is 'activated' will then be able to directly perceive at least some of the other dimensions).

And then again, this could all be my little "crazy vision." But hey - if ever there has been a time to put it out there, why not 2012, right? : )

Many Blessings all,

QuanKev
Old 27-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseMaster
what are your thoughts on the prophetic 2012 21st December global spiritual awakening?

Please link to the original source stating any so called "Mayan Prophecy".
Old 27-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Deactivated Account

From what I heard, on TV, they found a tablet stating that 'on the 21 December 2012 (obviously in their own calander wording) they would......' and it stopped there.
Old 27-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Rumar

Is this a Christian adaptation to the Mayan prophecy?
Old 27-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athymari
From what I heard, on TV, they found a tablet stating that 'on the 21 December 2012 (obviously in their own calander wording) they would......' and it stopped there.
Hehe - nope, that's total rubbish.
One point which very few people consider is that the Mayan calandar does not correspond to ours, because we changed from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar and lost some days along the way... and... the Mayans didn't calculate leap years, so by that reckoning, the world should have ended last year sometime. Ooops...
Old 27-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
One point which very few people consider is that the Mayan calandar does not correspond to ours, because we changed from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar and lost some days along the way... and... the Mayans didn't calculate leap years, so by that reckoning, the world should have ended last year sometime. Ooops...

but ya know? it doesn't really matter since it's the human collective that moves it's Self. millions of folks are feeling "something" happening, "something" different, "something" shifting and so "something" interesting could manifest.

self fulfilled prophesy is prophesy fulfilled none the less.
Old 27-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Rumar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya
They're not saying the end of the world, they're doing what everyone does with a calendar, they change calendars, this one ended this year. But it's quite obscure and deters people about the year (christian or not) because of how many years were called (not talking about mayans anymore) and yet drew blanks. 1999, Y2K, 2012, it's rather uncertain.
Old 27-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseMaster
hey guys

what are your thoughts on the prophetic 2012 21st December global spiritual awakening?

cant wait till we all reach the state of enlightenment when we become one

There is no actual evidence of this to be a truth. It was a teaching that a couple new ager's come up with back in the 1970's. It is actually not the first time they picked for that date. They picked a time for this to occur in the 80's. After it had come and gone it was tacked onto to the Mayan calender end date.

If the world just woke up on that day totally enlightened there would more then likely be mass confusion and panic.. It also would violate the freewill of those that do not want to be woken up.