Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-12-2011, 03:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
They re-did their lives out of sheer necessity. That is what we have to do.

how? when this is what seemed to be lost to the OP...
Old 30-12-2011, 03:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
how? when this is what seemed to be lost to the OP...

I believe it's up to each individual to find their way ~ I'm having to do that myself ~ it's coming up on 2 years Valentine's Day since my son died. It's been 6 months since my best friend, David died. I'm having to find my very own way. I'm only living my life...I can't live someone else's, can I?

Old 30-12-2011, 03:39 AM
Master
SG, sorry to hear that
Old 30-12-2011, 03:40 AM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Life is only an illusion as long as you believe your separate from life, when you realize that you are life, that you are also the illusion, then you can enjoy the illusion, the same way you may enjoy Christmas, in all reality there is no such thing as Christmas, we make the illusion of Christmas real to us only, if you don't believe in Christmas, its not an illusion to you, when you realize all this you then come back to the illusion, and enjoy it for what it is.

Good post psychoslice.....I see it the same way. I came to the realization that if nothing "matters" I will have fun. I do what I enjoy and enjoy what I do. It is a much more joyous life to live without concepts and expections, goals, desires and purpose.
Old 30-12-2011, 03:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
Good post puycholice.....I see it the same way. I came to the realization that if nothing "matters" I will have fun. I do what I enjoy and enjoy what I do. It is a much more joyous life to live without concepts and expections, goals, desires and purpose.

this means that you suddenly realise something matters....

how then can the "nothing matters" transform to "something matters"?
Old 30-12-2011, 03:52 AM
Shabby

Quote:
this means that you suddenly realise something matters....

how then can the "nothing matters" transform to "something matters"?

It's not that it matters....but what else are you going to do with your time? I thought that when I find what I was seeking that God would "beam me up" but I am still here....with a smile on my face : )
Old 30-12-2011, 03:55 AM
Master
Quote:
It's not that it matters....but what else are you going to do with your time? I thought that when I find what I was seeking that God would "beam me up" but I am still here....with a smile on my face : )

so in your case it is the insight that say ... "what the heck" that took you out of the "nothing really matters" frame of mind ,,,,,,?
Old 30-12-2011, 04:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker2011
I do admit to seeing more bad than good. Is my mission to learn to ignore the pain? Why? Ignoring pain can not lead to compassion. I think.

I've been living in considerable emotional pain for quite a while, and I'm starting to learn we make it too real when we get trapped in thought. Most of the time we're running on auto-pilot with our emotions instead of thinking rationally about things.

Thought is based on memory, and memory lives in it's own present moment, so pain from things in the past is still happening as if it's in the present. That's why pain from the past doesn't go away. And new pain is being created by our actions everyday, and it piles up and affects all of us. But engaging in positive spiritual things like meditation and prayer opens the way for love and healing.
Old 30-12-2011, 04:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Good post puycholice.....I see it the same way. I came to the realization that if nothing "matters" I will have fun. I do what I enjoy and enjoy what I do. It is a much more joyous life to live without concepts and expections, goals, desires and purpose.
Hi Shabby, I'm so glad for you, and this is what is known as, the truth will set you free, for we truly are free without the prison of concepts and ideologies.
Old 30-12-2011, 04:19 AM
Shabby

Quote:
so in your case it is the insight that say ... "what the heck" that took you out of the "nothing really matters" frame of mind ,,,,,,?

I realized nothing matters because something shifted my view from seeing through Vivian's eyes to seeing through God's eyes. Looking through God's eyes I saw perfection into detail. There was nothing I (Vivian) could add or subtract from that perfection. I lost the purpose I had given myself, I lost the fight of being right, I lost everything.....but found me : )