Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 14-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I don't understand this..
Oh, I was taking about spiritual truths be it whatever, the quote was from Jesus, telling his disciples not to throw the truth in front of non believes.
Old 14-11-2010, 10:16 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Oh, I was taking about spiritual truths be it whatever, the quote was from Jesus, telling his disciples not to throw the truth in front of non believes.

I follow you now, psycho. That's a very pertinent observation.

Recent experience has taught me that, reluctantly, I need to heed this advice.

In future I shall be taking these words from Jesus for my guidance too...
Old 14-11-2010, 12:23 PM
deepsea

I get the picture but wonder why Jesus said that?
I am religious to a point but keep my religion inside of me.
Wonder if Jesus would have said that now in these present times?
Please don't think I am being sarcastic but comparing present times to time long gone,I think spiritualism has advanced so much in the past 100 years.
Deepsea

(runs for the hills )

deepsea
Old 14-11-2010, 01:28 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
I get the picture but wonder why Jesus said that?
I am religious to a point but keep my religion inside of me.
Wonder if Jesus would have said that now in these present times?
Please don't think I am being sarcastic but comparing present times to time long gone,I think spiritualism has advanced so much in the past 100 years.
Deepsea

(runs for the hills )

deepsea

I am very religious (my own religion ) but find now that I'm getting so many hostile responses to what it teaches (mistakenly referred to by many as 'my beliefs') that I'm beginning to feel I really am on a hiding to nothing.

Save for a few friends, I am often on my own by declaring myself.

On your last point it's curious how we two - with very similar feelings for our common religion I believe - see its present standing in the world in wholly opposite ways.

I hope I'm wrong to feel pessimistic.
Old 14-11-2010, 05:14 PM
deepsea

Um,I wouldn't say that,Mac.
Perhaps in some things,not in others.
We both have the same idea but in different forms.

Suppose what I meant is to me,I am progressing in what I am learning.
if anyone had mentioned PM to me a few years ago,I would have said 'What the heck is that? '

So pleased I came back on SF,learned more in the last two days from here than any other place.

Deepsea
Old 14-11-2010, 05:24 PM
mac

Quote:
Um,I wouldn't say that,Mac.
Perhaps in some things,not in others.
We both have the same idea but in different forms.

Suppose what I meant is to me,I am progressing in what I am learning.
if anyone had mentioned PM to me a few years ago,I would have said 'What the heck is that? '

So pleased I came back on SF,learned more in the last two days from here than any other place.

Deepsea

I'm confused - I thought you had a background knowledge of, involvement with, mediumship and Spiritualism?
Old 14-11-2010, 05:43 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I'm confused - I thought you had a background knowledge of, involvement with, mediumship and Spiritualism?

A very limited background,Mac.
I started to take an interest several years ago when several events of a spiritual nature happened to me. Hearing voices talking to me,giving me names,info that didn't involve me etc,etc.
Then marrying a man who was right into spiritualism.who taught me a lot.

Since then,hopefully,I am progressing but want to know more and more..............
Particularly about the PM side of it.
My first experience of that was seeing an apport in the local spiritualist church in Gateshead (yes,I'm an original Geordie but from long ago. )

Hm,good idea for a new topic.Apports.
Old 14-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Administrator
Hello

I for the longest time HID that I could talk to Spirit and I hid that I felt emotions of others and could do readings for them ext.

WHY fear of being seen as TOO DIFFERENT. We all want to feel included and accepted but sadly that is not always the case. What we at times have to do is accept whom we are and if other's do not so be it . We live for us for the most part to be happy and content in whom we are.

I mentioned SF to me Mother in Law last Summer and OMG all of a sudden the HORNS started to show on me very head. Metaphysics is NOT GOOD. She made quite the display at lunch.

I embrace her beleifs but she could not embrace mine. Sad really. Does it bother me NO as I know whom I am and that is a good person.

I do not have any contact with me family. Cleared all of that from me now too their choice not mine. Might not even be notifed of me Mother's own death when that comes. I too made peace with that. Her loss of her Grand kids. I was always there for her 24 /7 but still she wanted more. She to thought the work I do with Spirit is WRONG on all levels.

We have to LOVe self to LOVe others.

Lynn
Old 14-11-2010, 06:08 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

I for the longest time HID that I could talk to Spirit and I hid that I felt emotions of others and could do readings for them ext.

WHY fear of being seen as TOO DIFFERENT. We all want to feel included and accepted but sadly that is not always the case. What we at times have to do is accept whom we are and if other's do not so be it . We live for us for the most part to be happy and content in whom we are.

I mentioned SF to me Mother in Law last Summer and OMG all of a sudden the HORNS started to show on me very head. Metaphysics is NOT GOOD. She made quite the display at lunch.

I embrace her beleifs but she could not embrace mine. Sad really. Does it bother me NO as I know whom I am and that is a good person.

I do not have any contact with me family. Cleared all of that from me now too their choice not mine. Might not even be notifed of me Mother's own death when that comes. I too made peace with that. Her loss of her Grand kids. I was always there for her 24 /7 but still she wanted more. She to thought the work I do with Spirit is WRONG on all levels.

We have to LOVe self to LOVe others.

Lynn

I'm with you whole heartedly,Lynn.
You have plenty of support on here.
Join the crew!
Deepsea.
Old 14-11-2010, 07:49 PM
mac

Quote:
A very limited background,Mac.
I started to take an interest several years ago when several events of a spiritual nature happened to me. Hearing voices talking to me,giving me names,info that didn't involve me etc,etc.
Then marrying a man who was right into spiritualism.who taught me a lot.

Since then,hopefully,I am progressing but want to know more and more..............
Particularly about the PM side of it.
My first experience of that was seeing an apport in the local spiritualist church in Gateshead (yes,I'm an original Geordie but from long ago. )

Hm,good idea for a new topic.Apports.

thanks, J.