Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-03-2012, 02:05 AM
rsingh

Quote:
Originally posted by Xan
That's what I mean, rsingh.

Hi Xan

I could not really make it out.

You mean my mind is in an egoistic relationship with consciousness. It is saying - hey consciousness, who are you to speak it with me?
Old 14-03-2012, 02:09 AM
Master
I mean, rsingh... your mind is in relationship with your mind.

Posing a hypothetical conversation with consciousness may be fun, but does it allow you to notice the open silent space of awareness that is here all the time?

If you don't mind my saying so, it sounds to me like you're indulging in mind games which are only distractions from just Noticing... now.

Xan

Old 14-03-2012, 02:20 AM
rsingh

Hi Xan

I know that.

My mind is speaking on behalf of the consciousness in this case.

In reality it all depends how we look at it?

In reality it is all consciouness. I distinguish it from mind only for the purpose my analysis which is what my mind does?

In reality mind is also consciousness. Consciousness has created mind and everything that exists to play with itself. So everything is consciousness. There is nothing other than conscioiusness. So all we say in words are just perspectives and we can put them anyway we want to.

But I do understand what you are saying and that is primary purpose of our communication and If I do not get it then I ask for clarification and you do clarify. Thanks for clarification.
Old 14-03-2012, 02:34 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsingh
Hi Xan

I know that.

My mind is speaking on behalf of the consciousness in this case.

In reality it all depends how we look at it?

In reality it is all consciouness. I distinguish it from mind only for the purpose my analysis which is what my mind does?

In reality mind is also consciousness. Consciousness has created mind and everything that exists to play with itself. So everything is consciousness. There is nothing other than conscioiusness. So all we say in words are just perspectives and we can put them anyway we want to.

But I do understand what you are saying and that is primary purpose of our communication and If I do not get it then I ask for clarification and you do clarify. Thanks for clarification.

I remember walking through this space and it was a very important stepping stone to opening up to that silence and allowing it to speak...even though it is silent.........it can speak. And sometimes its part of the greater purpose of speaking Rsingh.
Old 14-03-2012, 02:49 AM
Master

Yes, analyzing and distinguishing is what the mind does. If you want to get to know consciousness beyond the mind, it takes a different approach.

Xan

Old 14-03-2012, 04:28 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Isn't it interesting, addressing the 'mind' and telling it to take a different approach from being what it is.. and, it is the medium with which we understand how to allow mind to function holistically.. what some refer to as 'beyond mind', but.. mind is always present, 'you' are never beyond 'mind', and 'consciousness', the understanding you have of it, is a value formed by 'mind'..

Appropriate understanding of 'mind' reveals the flaw of 'thinking' beyond mind.. mind is the medium, like a movie screen, upon which all we experience is revealed in relationship with all of everything.. poetic linguistics, like 'beyond mind', have no actuality to the human experience.. the revelation necessary to to 'get it', is that mind functions in various states, and the 'still mind' has the appearance of 'no mind' or 'beyond mind', but if there were experiences 'beyond mind', or awareness, or consciousness.. they would be unknown and indescribable, and such is not the case.. the experiences claimed to be indescribable are present in mind, and 'indescribable' relates to the experiencer's reluctance to expose their interpretations to scrutiny, or the experiencer's desire to avoid the pain of past scrutiny..

What i find effective, is to simply suspend the mind's thinking activities and report what is experienced.. report clearly and without the conditioned terminology of preferred ideologies, or the terminologies modified to present the imagery most desired.. report with the same attention to detail and clarity that would be used to describe an animal you had never seen before to someone on the phone.. this is an excellent exercise, one we used to explore at a metaphysics group i facilitated, trying to describe these conditions as if the listener was unfamiliar with the subject and terminology.. we even took turns asking the questions that kept the speaker 'honest', on task.. quite revealing as to how nicely the language can actually convey what we think is 'indescribable', and all the participants benefited..

Be well,,
Old 14-03-2012, 07:52 AM
Master
Can you actually stop your thoughts rsingh? Yes or no.

Can you after relaxing and becoming more aware of your breathing... not think for minutes at a time, and when thoughts bubble up cut them off after a few words?
Old 14-03-2012, 09:27 AM
rsingh

Quote:
Originally posted by silent whisper
I remember walking through this space and it was a very important stepping stone to opening up to that silence and allowing it to speak...even though it is silent.........it can speak. And sometimes its part of the greater purpose of speaking Rsingh.

Hi silent whisper

You got it. It is called intuition - a creative impulse of consciousness. In intuition consciousness is speaking directly through mind. On other times, mind is speaking from accumulated memory from the past. Spiritual intuition is also called true Guru or direct knowing from consciousness.
Old 14-03-2012, 09:31 AM
rsingh

Quote:
Originally posted by Xan
Yes, analyzing and distinguishing is what the mind does. If you want to get to know consciousness beyond the mind, it takes a different approach.

Hi Xan

What approach you recommend me to know consciousness?
Old 14-03-2012, 09:34 AM
rsingh

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Intresting
Can you actually stop your thoughts rsingh? Yes or no.

Can you after relaxing and becoming more aware of your breathing... not think for minutes at a time, and when thoughts bubble up cut them off after a few words?

Hi Mr Interesting

My answer to your question is both yes and no.

Yes I can catch gap between two thoughts but I am not able to make it long enough to know consciousness directly so far.