Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Master
The trick is to generate the right amount of positive energy to create this "power of self love". We are often caught up in the "power of self hatred"; turning that around into love is the real challenge.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 27-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The trick is to generate the right amount of positive energy to create this "power of self love". We are often caught up in the "power of self hatred"; turning that around into love is the real challenge.

In my experience its just all stuff. Meaning you just got to go thru it. The less you care what it is the faster you move thru it. Spending time by yourself brings up your stuff. Cause your not hiding from it thru activitys. But its good cause your no longer hiding from yourself. And when you stop hiding as hard as it may be you begin to get to know yourself. Over time you become comtent with yourself to a point that love begins to happen. Because you went thru your stuff. This is what I found to be true. I don't know how it is for anyone else. So I'm just speaking from my own.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:17 PM
spiritualseeker13

Power of love can be achieved once you understand its definition. Spiritual Master Pujya Dada Bhagwan has explained True love which does not increase or decrease.True Love is unconditional. There is no expectation in love. Love never expects anything.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualseeker13
Power of love can be achieved once you understand its definition. Spiritual Master Pujya Dada Bhagwan has explained True love which does not increase or decrease.True Love is unconditional. There is no expectation in love. Love never expects anything.

Its just bliss. Yeah, it doesn't need anything.

But I don't think you need to know the defenition. Its gonna happen reguardless of you know its defenition.
Old 16-05-2013, 09:16 AM
spiritualseeker13

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
Its just bliss. Yeah, it doesn't need anything.

But I don't think you need to know the defenition. Its gonna happen reguardless of you know its defenition.

There is no real love in the external world. What the world calls love is nothing but infatuation and attraction. Real love resides within and near the one who has known the Self in all its splendor and glory. This love is God and God is love. Read on to explore 'Pure Love'
Old 16-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualseeker13
There is no real love in the external world. What the world calls love is nothing but infatuation and attraction. Real love resides within and near the one who has known the Self in all its splendor and glory. This love is God and God is love. Read on to explore 'Pure Love'

Yeah. And that's exactly what I'm talking about. Its causeless bliss. It needs nothing to be. Its permanent. This is my experience. Feels like water is pouring from within. You swim in it and its you. Making love to yourselc You feed off yourself and its intoxicating.

I agree knowing the definition is helpful so you know what your experiencing. I had a hell of a time trying to find out. I found some good teachers who were straight with me. With so much beliefs out thee if you eat meat and openly describe it as feeling like there's drugs inside. Its not easy. You almost have to wear a mask to fit into the boxes of ideas out there.

But there certainly some wonderful teachers as well. Thankfully I have found some.

Last edited by running : 16-05-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 20-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Master

for me the start is found in acceptance. From there perhaps self-love can grow?

I'm very aware that one cannot truly love others unless you love yourself.
Old 20-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

There is no trick to love and self love.. Such things are natural states.. One needs to remove any roadblock and obstacle from allowing love to flow freely. Any reason and individual does not have self love is because try created, or towers created, a block within them. Said block impedes there flow of love.

The other block is the acceptance of this. They accept that they do not need to have self love in their lives, or that it does not impact their ability to love another.. A block is a block regardless of what you call it. To allow love to flow completely, all blocks must be removed...
Old 20-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Guide

I agree with running that you don't need a definition of love.

For me being present to what is and be in a space of witnessing and allowing - is enough. Every pure emotion that comes up is beautiful and you feel the underlying love. Doesn't matter if its sadness or excitement. It's the inner conflict that puts the resistance and pain in the feeling of any emotion.

When I'm ignorant or arrogant I need something that kicks me awake and then I start again to dive into self-love. The more you love yourself the more you can love others and the more they will love you.

I can't catch love and jar it up sometimes it comes and goes like a summer breeze. It's part of the mystery of life and its unfoldment. Being present and deconstructing the inner conflict that is coming up with living my life is my way to embody and express more love.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:49 AM
Knower

I have recently realized that self-love is, perhaps, much more important than what one typically thinks of as regular love. (I guess that that would mean love that is output.) I say that because, it seems to me, that any act that one commits against another that is not based upon love is levied because of a lack of self-love. I suppose that love and self-love are really the same thing.

A bit off topic, but when one experiences joy, is one really experiencing love or love energy?

I was hoping that some people could discuss the ways in which they have developed their self-love.

Thanks!