Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 04-07-2014, 12:12 AM
Deactivated Account

Well the house picture was close, except from what I saw the house was smaller, and a grey cobble stone. As for his mother maybe, the lady that I saw had that hat on, and was pale.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Deactivated Account

Unfortunately, I could not see anymore, I always get a migraine or suddenly seem to drop out.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Experiencer
I encourage you to keep trying. Good luck

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 05-07-2014, 06:06 AM
Deactivated Account

Thank you, I hope to find out eventually what is real and what is fake, it is simply a process.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:46 AM
Experiencer
Very interesting! I also encourage you to keep trying!

Sometimes, for me, right when I'm onto something, I end up falling asleep or everything just blacks out. I have no idea how to prevent those things from happening though. So, you've made some great progress in comparison to me :P

Let us know how it's going!
Old 05-07-2014, 03:23 PM
Experiencer
It does take time/practice to train or your mind to let go of the material world we are overwhelmed with. I was fortunate when I did my first PLR because I had already practiced with meditation for several years. I would be hesitant to call any experience you have as "fake". It is important to come to an understanding right here and now before you go any further. Your never ever going to prove to others this experience you have had and will have in the future is real. Some may believe you - most will not. The truth is - the only person who is worthy of convincing of the veracity and accuracy of your experience is you. There is already enough of a critic in your head to bring in more of it from the outside world. You will need to be the source of your own affirmation. You will doubt this - everyone does at sometime or another. In these times, it is incumbent upon you to remind yourself that this is your experience, the experience may not have tangibles, but it is an experience none the less and their is nothing fake about it. I bring this up because I don't believe you will have much success or closure in any of this if you do not believe or doubt the experience you do have. How can one possibly have success in doubt? This is why you need to open your mind, be objective and allow yourself to explore all this experience has to offer. It is to easy to give up and say - this is crazy, I can't do it or I just don't have the "gift". If you can breath and you have a conscious thought - you are qualified to do this, you have the gift - end of story, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, particularly yourself. You have no idea how "gifted" you already are. You're a straight up rock star! The problem is - you don't believe it. So much of this is based on opening your mind and having confidence in the intangible conscious experience you witness. e.g.: Looking down at your shoes. If you like - give it another go - with practice comes profound understanding. I would encourage you to just practice meditating, clearing your mind and relaxing your thoughts without any agenda. There are plenty of self-help videos and people here who can help you in your efforts. Don't give up and be patient. It is so worth the effort and will open a whole new world you that will keep you occupied for your life.

One last thing - if and when you do another PLR, don't force a story, listen to the story. Don't interrupt the story with your own ideas. Let it take you where it wants to not where you want it to go. The only thing you know at this point is you had a dream about a fellow who could or could not be A. Hitler. This does not mean it was a previous life, it does not mean it was not. It was a vivid, profound dream - people have these dreams all the time. I guess what I am saying is, don't go into you PLR trying to prove the dream true or false. That is not going to work. Go into PLR without an agenda, gain exposure. If someday after you have some success and a confident understanding, perhaps you will be compelled to re examine the dream. For now - my best advice would be to let that dream rest in sleep - where it belongs. Keep in touch and let us know how it's going and share your experience here - it will strengthen your experience and help others. Peace

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 05-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Experiencer
I too have had this problem and I have found there are several ways to prevent this.

If you are tired, and you wish to meditate, don't allow your body to rest in a particularly comfortable position. You will fall into sleep. As a general rule of thumb. Don't meditate just before going to bed unless your goal is to fall into sleep. After all - meditation and "falling asleep" are very similar processes. It is very easy to trick the body into sleep.

If you are used to falling asleep in a comfy chair - don't use that chair to meditate (Ref: pavlovian conditioning) . Some people meditate sitting on the floor with their legs crossed.

If all else fails, try it in the morning after a good night sleep and a cup of your favorite caffeinated beverage :)

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botticella22

Sometimes, for me, right when I'm onto something, I end up falling asleep or everything just blacks out. I have no idea how to prevent those things from happening though. So, you've made some great progress in comparison to me :P

-- Carl Jung
Old 06-07-2014, 03:37 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botticella22

Yea, I hope to figure it out the rest of the way.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:39 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperVI
It does take time/practice to train or your mind to let go of the material world we are overwhelmed with. I was fortunate when I did my first PLR because I had already practiced with meditation for several years. I would be hesitant to call any experience you have as "fake". It is important to come to an understanding right here and now before you go any further. Your never ever going to prove to others this experience you have had and will have in the future is real. Some may believe you - most will not. The truth is - the only person who is worthy of convincing of the veracity and accuracy of your experience is you. There is already enough of a critic in your head to bring in more of it from the outside world. You will need to be the source of your own affirmation. You will doubt this - everyone does at sometime or another. In these times, it is incumbent upon you to remind yourself that this is your experience, the experience may not have tangibles, but it is an experience none the less and their is nothing fake about it. I bring this up because I don't believe you will have much success or closure in any of this if you do not believe or doubt the experience you do have. How can one possibly have success in doubt? This is why you need to open your mind, be objective and allow yourself to explore all this experience has to offer. It is to easy to give up and say - this is crazy, I can't do it or I just don't have the "gift". If you can breath and you have a conscious thought - you are qualified to do this, you have the gift - end of story, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, particularly yourself. You have no idea how "gifted" you already are. You're a straight up rock star! The problem is - you don't believe it. So much of this is based on opening your mind and having confidence in the intangible conscious experience you witness. e.g.: Looking down at your shoes. If you like - give it another go - with practice comes profound understanding. I would encourage you to just practice meditating, clearing your mind and relaxing your thoughts without any agenda. There are plenty of self-help videos and people here who can help you in your efforts. Don't give up and be patient. It is so worth the effort and will open a whole new world you that will keep you occupied for your life.

One last thing - if and when you do another PLR, don't force a story, listen to the story. Don't interrupt the story with your own ideas. Let it take you where it wants to not where you want it to go. The only thing you know at this point is you had a dream about a fellow who could or could not be A. Hitler. This does not mean it was a previous life, it does not mean it was not. It was a vivid, profound dream - people have these dreams all the time. I guess what I am saying is, don't go into you PLR trying to prove the dream true or false. That is not going to work. Go into PLR without an agenda, gain exposure. If someday after you have some success and a confident understanding, perhaps you will be compelled to re examine the dream. For now - my best advice would be to let that dream rest in sleep - where it belongs. Keep in touch and let us know how it's going and share your experience here - it will strengthen your experience and help others. Peace

Yea, I try to go in unfocused, although I do try to see the in-between as they call it, kind of interested in what that is.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:54 AM
Deactivated Account

Very good advice from Semper in post #16 ~

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction