Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 12-02-2024, 07:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Yes I noticed today that Ivory Coast won. Funny how they sacked their manager and seemed to do better without him! Lol
Haha....Yes....as often happens.
Bradford City sacked their manager last year and then started winning every game without him !!!!
Old 12-02-2024, 04:16 PM
Master

Aww that’s funny AB lol. So are Bradford still without a manager?

Gini wiljalden who played for us said that when Klopp asked him to go on half way thru the game and gave him instructions on what he wanted to him to do, he said he disregarded them and decided to do his own thing, hence he headed in two goals and we thrashed Barca 4-O. Lol

So maybe deciding things for yourselves certainly can have its advantages.
Old 12-02-2024, 05:11 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Yes I noticed today that Ivory Coast won. Funny how they sacked their manager and seemed to do better without him! Lol

In my opinion, he isn’t an amazingly good manager, just an okay one. It’s one thing treading water in mid table of Ligue 1, but Knockout football in international tournaments requires teams to be more adventurous as there is more intensity.
Old 13-02-2024, 03:21 AM
Master

Red, Bradfords new manager at start of season was Mark Hughes . He only lasted till mid October before they sacked him. ( They don't really give them chance do they, lose a game and manager sacked ) . They got new manager Graham Alexander in November I believe, but they still not doing very well. They've been on a really bad run for quite a few years now.
Old 13-02-2024, 08:04 AM
Master

Thanks AB I didn’t know that.
Old 13-02-2024, 08:14 AM
Master

Quote:
Thanks AB I didn’t know that.
From what I can gather they are in 4th division now , but they keep changing the names of the divisions and my tiny brain can only keep up with so much LOL.
( They actually DID get into premier league ! )
They remind me of hull who were in the depths of despair in lowest division and clawed their way back up the divisions to premier league.

I'm so pleased that my Dad ( lifelong fan) lived to see that achievement .
When they were at boothferry road and in danger of closure he was distraught.
I can clearly remember him saying that it's was times like this that he wished he was rich cos he would have bought them if he could .
Old 13-02-2024, 08:47 AM
Glenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
No football will be watched in my house that's a definite
I hate Football don't see the point in it Grown little boys kicking a ball around a field that is not skill.
Oh my gosh...!! you live in non football zone...!!

Why don't you give a try to houseball???
Old 13-02-2024, 09:16 AM
Master

Haha Glenda ....
And I know exactly who you support , but why don't you share it with us all.
Everyone welcome on here !
Old 13-02-2024, 01:53 PM
Master

Hi Glenda, so glad to have another member who loves footy on this thread.

Who do you support. Pleeeeeeez don’t say Man City or Man U. LOL

I’ve just read that Anfield is granting Sven Goran his wish to manage Liverpool. Next month he is going to manage the Legends Game. Sooooo happy for him. I bet the Kop will give him the biggest applaud he has ever had. Look forward to seeing that.!

Yes I remember NativeS saying that there is no skill in running around with a ball and it certainly looks that way to a lot of people. However, it is quite the opposite. It’s actually ALL about tactics! Clubs pay millions of dollars to get the best tactitians and analysts and the coach has his own tactics as well. The teams that have the best of these will win the trophies.

The movie Moneyball shows how this is done and I gotta say it is absolutely amazing how it improves overall performance.

I watched a YouTube clip where the guy was showing the kind of tactics that Klopp and Guardiola use and why they were so successful. It was so fascinating but of course you would have to love footy to enjoy it.
Old 14-02-2024, 06:27 AM
Master

Oh really , Sven to sit in the dug out ? It's good of the club to grant him that wish.

I fully agree with training and how there are very many different approaches to it.
When Ben trained with a Brazilian training club they only trained with a small ball only half the size of a standard football and a lot heavier !
The coaches claimed this is what attributed to Brazils success back in the day .

Speaking of Ben , he's been very poorly. Drank some contaminated water .
But his wife was telling me also that he can't order a baby magpies kit for the baby over there so he's not happy LOL.
I could order one of course, but it's not always wise to try to deliver parcels all the way over there, so he will have to wait till they can hopefully get over to visit .