Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 05-02-2024, 06:23 AM
Master

I didn't see any games but I've just seen the result and the table as it now stands.
Red, I was thinking the lads might be upset and a bit unsettled with Klopp leaving , plus they have extra games to play and injuries.
I'm pleased to see Arsenal back in second although city do of course have 2 games in hand.
So tight at the top but I've said all along either Liverpool or Arsenal for title .

Sir Neil ( NOW I get your username!!!)...
You must be torn with the relegation battle going on where Luton are concerned.
As your rivals you would naturally hope they get relegated from any division!! But then if they get relegated you will have to play them.
Must put your feelings in a quandary.
Old 05-02-2024, 06:48 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Well that game was very disappointing, to say the least. Arsenal deserved to win cos they played really good. Don’t know what was up with our guys but they looked like a “pub team” and half asleep.
Oh well we are still top of the league (only just) so I guess that’s something.

I thought it was a really disappointing game. A bad game of football.

__________________________________________________ ________

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Joe Mc : 05-02-2024 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-02-2024, 07:28 AM
Master

A little update on the African nations cup.
We are at sem-final stage now with the two games as follows.

Nigeria v South Africa
And
Ivory Coast v DR Congo.

Both games to be played this coming wednesday 7th Feb.
( I'm routing for Ivory Coast if only because it's a lovely name !..)
Old 05-02-2024, 09:51 AM
Master

Yep AB I also think that Klopp leaving is having an affect as well. I mean a lot of players came to Liverpool because they wanted to play for Klopp and now he’s going. So I guess it’s going to have a ripple effect.

Still, you can use every excuse in the world but the way they played last night was disgusting for an elite athlete. That game was a make or break for us to win the league and they stuffed it!

I didn’t realise that City has two games in hand until you mentioned it, so if that’s the case I reckon they will probably win the league because so far Arsenal, LFC, or Villa don’t have the points to over ride City. City would have to lose two games in a row and us three win all the next games to have a chance of winning and I just can’t see that happening. Oh well I hope I’m wrong.

Ide be happy for us to get into the top four so we will be eligible for the European Championships.
Old 05-02-2024, 09:56 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Both games to be played this coming wednesday 7th Feb.
( I'm routing for Ivory Coast if only because it's a lovely name !..)

Ivory Coast have had such a roller coaster ride so far. They lose 2 group games, sack their manager, qualify for the knockout rounds, equalise late against Senegal and then beat them on penalties, and then we have the game against Mali which was pretty bonkers.
Old 05-02-2024, 10:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Neil
Ivory Coast have had such a roller coaster ride so far. They lose 2 group games, sack their manager, qualify for the knockout rounds, equalise late against Senegal and then beat them on penalties, and then we have the game against Mali which was pretty bonkers.
Oh REALLY ? WOW. Have you been watching the tournament ?
I honestly didn't know all that !!
I suppose after all that they probably deserve to win !
Old 05-02-2024, 06:04 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Have you been watching the tournament ?
I honestly didn't know all that !!
I suppose after all that they probably deserve to win !

You can never underestimate a host nation in a tournament, no matter how poor or disorganised they may seem. They tend to get the benefit of refereeing decisions; though the ref the other night was slow to award them a penalty against Senegal, and needed to be told to by VAR.

Ivory Coast are gaining momentum and belief, but Nigeria are still there and they have a very good defence. They can keep clean sheets at the back, and Adeloma Lookman can score the winning goals up front.
Old 06-02-2024, 06:26 AM
Master

Thanks Neil. I hope they do well. I remember them in the world cup once and I really liked them then ( Ivory Coast I mean).

For general info , the semis tomorrow are being shown on BBC ( YEAH !!!..)...
The first one on BBC 2 at 5pm
The second one on BBC 3 at 8pm..
COME ON THE ELEPHANTS LOL...
Old 06-02-2024, 06:58 AM
Master

Oh heck... Ok. So we've also got the Plymouth v Leeds tie in FA cup being shown on BBC 1 this evening , coverage from 7.30 pm.
And then , on ITV 1 tommorrow evening the Villa v Chelsea FA cup tie, coverage also from 7.30 pm.
Being spoilt with all these games ....Yippee !
Old 06-02-2024, 08:55 AM
Master

FIDDLESTICKS . I just realised two of the games tomorrow clash.
So I'm sorry villa v Chelsea, but it's GOT to be the Ivory coast game for me .....