Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 25-10-2017, 01:17 PM
Master

Oh, gemma. Lol. Well Cheers!

Tonight we will have Belgium waffles with butter, syrup and raspberry or peach jam, breakfast sausage and 2 duck eggs over easy.
Old 25-10-2017, 01:23 PM
Master
sounds awesome Linen... what time should I be over?
Old 25-10-2017, 01:30 PM
Master

Lol, we eat at 7:30.

I usually make a whole bunch of waffles at once then store them in the freezer in a plastic container with paper towels in between the waffles. That keeps the frost from forming. Then pop a couple for hubby and me in the oven at 400 degrees (frozen) till they thaw and crisp up. So tonight will be just pulling some waffles out of the freezer and frying sausages and eggs. But you're right, I can't wait till dinner
Old 26-10-2017, 09:26 PM
Master

Antelope Carbonnade (meat, floured and fried, set on a bed of raw onions, with equal amounts of beef broth and beer added on top and cooked in a slow cooker), mashed taters and a tomato salad.
Old 26-10-2017, 09:32 PM
Master
sosags
carod potod
rost potos
curd pspri a gravy
in slo cookr
1 ovr fr lft ovrs

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 26-10-2017, 09:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Antelope Carbonnade (meat, floured and fried, set on a bed of raw onions, with equal amounts of beef broth and beer added on top and cooked in a slow cooker), mashed taters and a tomato salad.

sounds good (everything you make sounds good)!

Have you ever carmelized the onions for the antelope bed? When you cut the onions, are they thick, thin or both? Just curious.

Old 26-10-2017, 09:51 PM
Deactivated Account

Has anyone ever tried Plumb and Ginger sauce on their meat for flavouring?! I ordered an already cooked roasted chicken from the fresh market today marinated with this flavoring.... Wow ! I am going to have to slow cook or crock pot this flavoring. It's really great. Linen, I have a feeling you mentioned this flavoring before and I googled back, and I believe you said to use dark meat for best flavour. I don't know why, but plumb sounded just like an odd sour taste to me, but no way, tried it, it's great.I was loosing motivation in the kitchen and just eating salads lately, but here is a new experiment to work on for this weekend, Ill try and not to screw it up!

Could use a delicious dessert right now..
Old 26-10-2017, 09:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Has anyone ever tried Plumb and Ginger sauce on their meat for flavouring?! I ordered an already cooked roasted chicken from the fresh market today Wow ! I am going to have to slow cook or crock pot this flavoring. It's really great. Linen, I have a feeling you mentioned this flavoring before and I googled back, and I believe you said to use dark meat for best flavour.

I don't know why, but plumb sounded just like an odd sour taste to me, but no way, tried it, it's great.I was loosing motivation in the kitchen and just eating salads

Could use a delicious dessert though

let me no ifs its yum thnx ifs its yuc let me no 2

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 26-10-2017, 10:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
sounds good (everything you make sounds good)!

Have you ever carmelized the onions for the antelope bed? When you cut the onions, are they thick, thin or both? Just curious.

No, I didn't caramelize the onions. I was thinking as long as they were going to be in the crock pot they'd be mush by the time the meat was done cooking so I just put them in raw.

Forgot to mention, the Carbonnade will be served on the mashed potatoes.
Old 26-10-2017, 11:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Has anyone ever tried Plumb and Ginger sauce on their meat for flavouring?! I ordered an already cooked roasted chicken from the fresh market today marinated with this flavoring.... Wow ! I am going to have to slow cook or crock pot this flavoring. It's really great. Linen, I have a feeling you mentioned this flavoring before and I googled back, and I believe you said to use dark meat for best flavour. I don't know why, but plumb sounded just like an odd sour taste to me, but no way, tried it, it's great.I was loosing motivation in the kitchen and just eating salads lately, but here is a new experiment to work on for this weekend, Ill try and not to screw it up!

Could use a delicious dessert right now..

Well, I made some Asian Plum sauce this summer out of plums. Is that what you are talking about?

Ingredients for the plum sauce (this is a big batch for canning)
5 lbs plums
2 2/3 c sugar
1 tsp molassas
1 rounded tbsp dry mustard
2 tbsp + 1 tsp dry ginger
3-4 cloves garlic
1 onion
2 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 1/4 c red wine vinegar

Pit the plums. Chop plums, onions and garlic and add red pepper flakes in a food processor and puree it till it's smooth (or as smooth as you can get it). Might take several batches to get all the plums pureed. Put all ingredients in a stainless steel, or enamel coated dutch oven (or ceramic crock pot-but it will take longer to cook down). Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar. Simmer 2-3 hours on low heat until desired consistency. Pour into canning jars. Leave 1/4 inch headspace. Process in a hot water bath for 27 minutes. This makes 8-9 cups. Bet you could freeze it too!

I think this would be good on any kind of meat. Usually there is plum sauce, and other sauces combined. Like soy, stir fry, etc.