Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 26-04-2017, 02:08 PM
Master
If you can remove your brain you can remove your chakras LOL
Old 26-04-2017, 02:20 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
What is a healthy approach if one wish to learn more one this subject.

What do you think is a healthy approach?
I am at a loss. It seems that wishing to learn more is neigh impossible on this forum as the whole idea is met with ridicule at least on this thread it is.
And frankly now that Uma has offered her understanding of the matter I'm letting it go for a few hours..
I opened a thread last night to talk about how those who have removed their chakra's experienced life after that. I'm thinking about sharing my story there. Although this forum so far feels a long way away from a safe place to do so..

With Love
Eelco
Old 26-04-2017, 02:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
And frankly now that Uma has offered her understanding of the matter I'm letting it go for a few hours..

Still what @Uma say is spot on, because if we remove the (thinking) brain from the equation then what is left is non-resistance to the flow of energy from source, and in that your chakras would disintegrate, and your system would be upgraded to something far more efficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
What do you think is a healthy approach?

I feel that the healthiest approach is learning to listen to your body, and responding to it, since it is the most honest expression of what is going on in your life. It will tell you without a doubt whether or not what you feel is in alignment with your inner being, you know whether or not you feel good. Let us take this, your inner being is not for or against chakras, so if your belief is in a place where removing your chakras is not a healthy choice, it will not suggest it, or more you would not translate it in such a way. So if you learn to listen to your body, you likewise learn to respond to the constant conversation that goes on between it and your inner being. And I believe we can all agree that a healthy body is a good feeling body, so that leads us to a simple approach: always lean towards a better feeling thought.
Old 26-04-2017, 02:53 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
@Carnate how have you found this protectiveness works in practice vs. respectfulness? Like I have found that my provocative approach is not as conductive (think that is the word) as a more lighthearted approach. I also find that the latter has a better effect on my body in general. Okay so this leads to an interesting: What would you do if someone came to you with an interest in removing chakras?
There's no dichotomy between protectiveness and respectfulness. They can and often do 'co-exist'. [I've added the blue colouring and bold 'vs' above to indicate what this relates to.]

But back to the question. I can respect someone that believes removing chakras is a good idea, but that doesn't prevent me from advising them against the act. My understanding of how chakras operate and the purpose they serves also prevents me from believing that someone can remove them.

Using metaphors again:
If someone says, "I'm going to ride my bike down this hill", I'm going to support them.
If they say, "I'm going to ride this bread crate down the stairs", I'll likely laugh and agree that it sounds like a bit of risky fun.
If they say, "I'm going to ride this tire down a long steep hill", I'd likely try to stop them, but understand that it's their life to live...
If they say, "I'm going to jump off a cliff into shallow water...", here's where a duty of care comes in; I know that it's going to cause serious harm.

I see 'removing chakras' as jumping off a cliff into a meat grinder; sorry for the crude metaphor. In these cases, respect becomes less important than protecting someone from harm. I know this only matters if what I belief to be true actually is true. But the depth and breadth of my knowledge of the subtle realms as a field tells me I'm not wrong about chakras.

I think my response would vary on a case by case basis. And when looking at the specific wording of your question, 'an interest' doesn't really indicate that they're making plans. As such, I'd likely ask why they are interested in it, and offer alternative strategies that aren't so dangerous.
Old 26-04-2017, 03:14 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
If you can remove your brain you can remove your chakras LOL
Sadly, scientists have actually removed brains and placed them in different skulls.. and re-animated them.

I saw the videos while I was studying psychology... awful stuff. And they've progressed since then. I've seen reports and videos of this being done with a monkey and a dog. I'm not posting these links because they're not really appropriate.

And, to make things worse.. There's an Italian man who's volunteered to be the first person to undergo a head transplant. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiHc2E3AR1o (news report)

Actually.. this brings some other things to mind. If you're interested, there's some psychology reports about people changing personalities after heart transplants. This doesn't really support either side of the debate we're in.. but I'm fascinated by this stuff.

Here's one that explains it as 'cell memory'; http://www.medicaldaily.com/can-orga...rms-yes-247498

Another one that's got a few accounts from people: http://mynorthwest.com/6153/personal...rt-transplant/

And for the sake of being fair, here's a article that debunks the idea: http://bigthink.com/neurobonkers/don...-memory-theory
Old 26-04-2017, 03:49 PM
Master

@Carnate do you believe any would get a message to do harm to self if they listened to the source within them? that thing I call ones inner being
Old 26-04-2017, 04:15 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnate
Sadly, scientists have actually removed brains and placed them in different skulls.. and re-animated them.

I saw the videos while I was studying psychology... awful stuff. And they've progressed since then. I've seen reports and videos of this being done with a monkey and a dog. I'm not posting these links because they're not really appropriate.

And, to make things worse.. There's an Italian man who's volunteered to be the first person to undergo a head transplant. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiHc2E3AR1o (news report)

All of which proves nothing about the chakras - because they exist in the subtle body not the physical body.

All the bodies are illusion - Maya but while we exist in form, we need an "I", without the "I" there is no form.

These bodies are in Sanskrit called sharira "that which whithers away".

We are Consciousness veiled within a causal body that has an "I" in it and that is veiled by the subtle body with the chakras in it and that is veiled by the gross physical body of matter with the brain in it.

After death of the physical body, the soul lives on in its other two bodies.

There will come a time eons later when the soul no longer needs a subtle body but can live only in a causal body. That's when the chakras can be "removed". Souls who have liberated themselves yet remain in form, live in that causal body - unless they reincarnate as masters working in the astral and/or physical dimension. Then they take on the chakra body again (in the subtle - astral body).

This is the only time a chakra can be "removed". You need to become totally enlightened, liberated completely to exist without them.

Think of chakras as the software and the physical brain and nervous system as the hardware for a very rough and very superficial idea.

I think I know where the confusion is coming from - it has to do with the afterlife experience. More spiritually evolved souls (souls who have crossed over not existing in limbo) can retract their subtle body into a point of light. They are still there but we don't see them anymore, unless the soul takes on a more gross form where you see them. These souls are seen as orbs of light, but the chakras are still inside them, only they've been retracted.
Old 26-04-2017, 04:32 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
This is the only time a chakra can be "removed". You need to become totally enlightened, liberated completely to exist without them.

I think I know where the confusion is coming from - it has to do with the afterlife experience. More spiritually evolved souls (souls who have crossed over not existing in limbo) can retract their subtle body into a point of light. They are still there but we don't see them anymore, unless the soul takes on a more gross form where you see them. These souls are seen as orbs of light, but the chakras are still inside them, only they've been retracted.

Ok not to be disrespectful in any way. You say this as if you know this as a certainty. I have a different view on the nature of our subtle bodies. What makes your view more truthful then mine?

Why is it so difficult to say. I believe this to be so. Sating your belief as fact is what rubs me the wrong way, because it isn't fact. It is simply your truth. Which is fine..

Now if you are willing to listen I will gladly discuss my view of how reincarnation may work in my perspective. If not however such a discussion would exceed the topic at hand. My confusion/ different opinion if you will does not come from the way I see soul or afterlife. It comes from working with the subtle bodies in this lifetime, my observations with them etc.

With Love
Eelco
Old 26-04-2017, 04:52 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake
Hello,
I am actually and have been for the best part of the week reading about Lord Buddha,and Lord Jesus And Lord Krishna,I do it every day,all the variations all the translations and I love it,but I have to go meditate in 15 minutes 3pm every day
Kind Regards Billy.

You know I do admire your practice.
It looks a lot like mine. Here I was under the impression you were meditating every day at 3 pm for years to gain insight and understanding only to find that you have even less meditation experience than have. I accidentally came across your meditation thread on this forum.

No believe me that I say that I truly don't care if you meditated all your life or if you never meditated at all. Implying it is a source of your knowledge whilst you have been meditating for little over a fourtnight after a 27 year hiatus baffles me though.

For what it's worth I have meditate a lot. Took a few vipassana retreats at an ajahn tong dhamacari center(thai forest tradition mahasi sayadaw adaptation) years ago to jumpstart it and periodically have months of extensive mediation practice(40 to 60 minutes twice a day) with periods of not meditating at all. Mostly vipassana, but lately been experimenting with samatha meditation.(been reading culadhasas the mind illuminated)
I recomend the book to every meditator btw. Despite our differences I would highly recommend it. Nothing to do with chakra, but a well structured, well tested and well rooted path to meditation

With Love
Eelco
Old 26-04-2017, 06:32 PM
Master

@Uma I feel that was a really good post of yours. It leaves great room for beingness, and gives a new perspective to this whole thread. And truth be told neither of us can say to which degree another one is, only their personal experience will point in what direction that is. So as we are all at different stages of beingness, then probably we are all filtered through different layers of existence. Now I have never found an astral body in me, and neither needed one to enter the astral, maybe that is why it is of little interest to me, and why I find it unnecessary. Yet to others it might be the most valuable tool. Like a builder might find a hammer very valuable, while a writer find little use of it, unless he is writing a smash hit haha