Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Master
Originally Posted by Morpheus
God is Truth!

Quote:

Time, and the related dimensions of space, and gravity are the illusion...
Physicist Brian Greene will expound on this shorlly, on Nova.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/physics/fabric-of-cosmos.html

Rin:
Quote:

This is a Christian attitude.

Really. A "Christian attitude".
Or, are you merely disaffected towards the same?

It is not a, "Buddhist", attitude?
It is not substantiated in modern Physics today, that the material world is illusory?
All Physicists are christians then?

BTW, excellent programs on PBS.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 20-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Experiencer
What of all the other parts of the Satanic Agenda left off that list?

Apple products
the BBC
Lite Beer
Organic Produce
Hybrid Cars
Calendars (Days of the week and months are named after pagan gods)
The United Nations
Herbal tea
Radio (Marconi was Catholic)
Fine Arts
Soy Products
The Metric System
Slacks for women
Starbucks
Recycling
Ikea
Casual Friday
Ben and Jerry's
Dr Seuss
Tolerance
Compassion
that which is within you will destroy you."

- The Gospel of Thomas (70)

http://pathstoknowledge.com
Old 20-07-2012, 11:51 PM
Mary Baker

Christianity and The New Age Movement

This seems to get off on other subjects later so i will post here answering the questions from my POV.

Q. 1. What are any distinctions between Christianity and the New Age Movement?
A. I don’t know that much about “New Age” but feel both Christianity and New Age followers are so diverse in there beliefs that there can be no generalization as to likeness or differences.

Q. 2. How do they relate to each other? Do they contradict each other or compliment each other?
A. I would give the same answer as to the above. Or, “some do and some don’t”.

Q. 3. I often find that Scriptures must be reinterpreted or rejected in order to conform with New Age thought. So the next question is, how do you determine what Scriptures are to be rejected and which ones are to be supported? An example of this can be found in John 14:16.
A. For myself, in choosing between various understandings of scripture I depend on the guidance of the Holy Spirit characterized by Love.

Q. 4. Do you consider yourself a New Age Christian? If so, how do you distinguish yourselves from "conservative" Christians? And if you are a Christian how do you distinguish yourself from New Ageism?
A. I do not label myself. I am a member of a Southern Baptist Church and am fairly comfortable with it but I do not walk in lockstep with any belief system. I have had a very impressive experience of the One I call God and what was imparted to me “distinguished” me from any conformity to human institutions.

Q..5. How do you handle arguments in reference to scriptural meaning, that is when encountering the other side, Christian or New Age?
A. It will depend on what basis we are using for discussion, whether “what the Bible says” or what I feel Holy Spirit guidance reveals to me.

Q. 6. Last Question, as a New Age follower who do you draw from as your most inspirational author? example Shirley Maclaine. Same question to Christians, I'm looking for Authors of an extrabiblical nature.
A. I would not say I “draw from” any author but I like C.S. Lewis
Old 21-07-2012, 12:10 AM
Mary Baker

Christianity and New Age Movement

Just want to say I think I read on this thread that , "some people say" that Paul never met Jesus and presented "Christ Consciousness."

Using the Bible rather than "some people" as reference, according to Paul himself he met the ressurected Jesus on The Road to Damascus and that Jesus identified himself plainly, saying, "I am Jesus of Nazareth , whom thou persecutest.". Acts22:8
And is not the essence the Person rather than a name that is the person? How many Mary's of------------- Oklahoma are there? Are they all me? (well actually there used to be two in the phone book but one moved away.) :>)
Old 21-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Occultist

Thumbs up Satanic agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Keith
What of all the other parts of the Satanic Agenda left off that list?

Apple products
the BBC
Lite Beer
Organic Produce
Hybrid Cars
Calendars (Days of the week and months are named after pagan gods)
The United Nations
Herbal tea
Radio (Marconi was Catholic)
Fine Arts
Soy Products
The Metric System
Slacks for women
Starbucks
Recycling
Ikea
Casual Friday
Ben and Jerry's
Dr Seuss
Tolerance
Compassion

Think I am liking the Satanic agenda.
Old 21-07-2012, 12:49 AM
Mayflow

Perhaps satan is not such a bad guy after all?
Old 21-07-2012, 12:55 AM
Mayflow

Let us make up a story. Satan challenges god and god laughs, and this makes Satan happy, ok, it was a really short story.
Old 21-07-2012, 03:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Baker
Just want to say I think I read on this thread that , "some people say" that Paul never met Jesus and presented "Christ Consciousness."

Using the Bible rather than "some people" as reference, according to Paul himself he met the ressurected Jesus on The Road to Damascus and that Jesus identified himself plainly, saying, "I am Jesus of Nazareth , whom thou persecutest.". Acts22:8
And is not the essence the Person rather than a name that is the person? How many Mary's of------------- Oklahoma are there? Are they all me? (well actually there used to be two in the phone book but one moved away.) :>)
Paul was definitely not talking about the Christ Consciousness we understand today. I can understand people thinking that if they're not extremely familiar with everything Paul wrote in the New Testament, but I don't understood people 'needing' it so say something different than what it says. There's no reason to let our thoughts and emotions be controlled by a book, regardless of how the majority of others see it.
Old 21-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Zem

A lot of Christians seem to want to dictate what God should and should not approve of, hence that long list with some outrageous claims (ex. LOTR, seriously, come on).

One thing that a lot of people seem to forget is that WE are not the ultimate judge over what is in everyone's hearts...God is. So if there is someone out there practicing tarot cards or astrology or playing a good ol' fashioned game of D&D, who are you to say that they are not right in God's eyes? Perhaps they are more in tune with God's spirit of love than most professing Christians. If we condemn mass amounts of people because of their hobbies or religious affiliations, then we're attempting to deny God of that power to judge. And I think he'd be a lot more upset with someone trying to do that then he would be with a vegetarian.
Old 21-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Mary Baker

Christianity and the New Age Movement

The Christian Bible soundly forbids judging others. That and other things may often be ignored, but it is plainly stated in the Bible.
I have actually read the Bible