Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 05-08-2019, 02:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
Since you can only live/be it and there is no way to write or speak about it, that does make it very simple.

Well stated.

Nondualist philosophy is practically manifest in mindful living or present moment awareness which brings in nondual perception.

It is the simplest thing, but made complicated by the complex mind and intellect trying to project and impose its conditioned views or likes and dislikes on existence. Instead of enjoying a flower's natural beauty, one would be analytically and verbally dissecting it into its components out of past habit.

https://janfrazierteachings.com/being-conscious/

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 05-08-2019, 03:15 AM
Newbie ;)

Realization cannot be intellectualized; it can only be encountered in Silence.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:13 PM
Master
Please excuse my interjection here...too many posts to quote, so I shall just reply generally.

I have read through this thread, have never heard of Robert Adams, may look him up at a later time and I thank Tara for her recommendations.

I just posted to say that I don't consider Ajay's remarks to be derogatory or insulting to anyone.

As an old-school, traditional Advaita Vedantin according to Shankaracharya, I can fully see his point here.

For any discussion involving an "observer" and a "Self" and trying to use Dualistic terms to describe Non-Duality, the fact remains...we can introspect enough to answer the fundamental question "Who am I?" only to come up with "I am the Observer" or "I am the Self" or "I am That", or "I am Oneness" which only gives rise to another question "okay then, so what is this Observer/Self/That/Oneness which you are then? Not only that, what is it that realises it as being such? please explain this to me" and, of course, nobody can... probably because there is "nobody here" TO explain it...so who is writing all this stuff then? Neti Neti...

This is why the whole experience of Non Duality is just that...an experience, in which there is no "experience-er" and nothing to be experienced because existence is absolute, so how can anybody just "be" that?

If we are going into the whole Non-Dual philosophy, no association exists between "this thing" and "another thing" because the moment awareness is brought into the equation, Non-Duality just becomes Duality again.

This is by no means a detraction from the topic, nor meant as an insult...it is not to be taken personally by anyone...which seems to be just the thing for a discussion on Non-Duality isn't it?
Old 07-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Master

Hi Shivani!

As many of us on SF have been so blessed to experience oneness and the vibrant void of nothingness (fullness) and beyond and yet back to duality ... well we have already discussed this on other threads (the oneness enigma + kundalini & chakras) I hold the view that both duality as well as non-duality are valid. Valid simply because that is how it is!

Obliquely referring to my post http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...7&postcount=58 I’d say based on subsequent reinforcing insights that Hiranyagarbha .... the cosmic womb of singularity is within our head region ... it seems the pituitary gland has something to do with this ... the One splits into two as Shiva & Shakti ... the two unite to fuse as one ... it is an unending pulse.

The limited mind relying upon fragmented thought obviously cannot comprehend this. Moreover, there is nothing to be analysed. We either know it by direct experience or we don’t. Eventually all will.

Yet there is no finality in any such affirmation we may make since new revelations manifest ‘higher’ truths. However, so far, there has been no contradiction to progressions of unfoldments in as radical contradictions.

It would appear that the ‘descent’ into duality, apart from enabling experiencing the ecstatic endless pulse of union & separation & back to union ad infinitum, enables us as a dissolved yet distinct consciousness to operate as absolute awareness in domains of higher vibrational frequency. This is merely a hunch.

Hmmm ... why not just relax and enjoy the ride?

Old 08-08-2019, 12:05 AM
Master
Quite simply, my friend.

If I were just to "relax and enjoy the ride", I would no longer be able to post on Spiritual Forums.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:37 AM
Master
“The one Self, the only Self, the absolute reality, consciousness, that self is active within you. When I say, "Active within you," I mean there is no real you the way you ap- pear. There is only the Self appearing as you. In other words there is not the body and you, there is no body. There is only you, the one. If we appear to see bodies, this is like a dream, hallucination. They seem real enough and we react to them, but if we can hold onto the first premise that there is only one Self and I am that, then you'll be careful what you say to another person.”
Robert Adams
Old 08-08-2019, 01:40 AM
Master
“By inquiring, "To whom does this come? Who sees these things? Where do these things come from? Where does everything come from? Where do I come from? Where does the sky come from? Where do the trees come from?”

If you do this often enough, you will be taking a step backward from this creation. You will become the screen, the screen of life, on which these images project themselves. But you always remember that you are the screen and you're not the images. You will be able to observe the images and smile. You'll see all the images fighting with each other, shooting each other, killing each other, being happy sometimes, being sad sometimes, going through all kinds of experiences. But you will smile and you will not identify with these things anymore. You have risen. You have risen to that place where there is only the screen.

The screen in this instance is boundless space. Boundless space when you look all around you, you see air. It's nice to see the air, and you say this in the air. But it goes fur- ther than air, it's boundless space. Boundless space is the screen of life, consciousness. And everything that you see with your eyes or with your senses is a superimposition on boundless space.”

Robert Adams
Old 08-08-2019, 01:46 AM
Master
There's something within you that knows what to do. There is a power greater than you that knows how to take care of you without your help. All you've got to do is to surrender to it. Surrender your thoughts, your mind, your ego, to the current that knows the way. It will take care of you. It will take better care of you than you can ever imagine.

Robert Adams
Old 09-08-2019, 04:08 AM
Master

“But do not mistake this with the body. I am not saying that the body is God. I'm saying that you are God. But I see you as consciousness. I see you as absolute reality, as pure awareness. That is God. If you identify your body with God you're making a big mistake. Therefore when I tell you, "You are God" I am referring to your Self. Not your ego, not your mind and not your body. And when I refer to the term God, or consciousness, or absolute reality, I am referring to omnipresence. So when I say, "I am consciousness" I am not referring to Robert.
I am referring to I-am omnipresence, which includes the whole universe, do you follow that? Everything is consciousness, nothing is left out.”

Robert Adams
Old 09-08-2019, 11:24 AM
Master

“You will soon come to the conclusion that you are infinite space. And instead of observing objects in the world. You will observe the space that the objects seem to be glued onto.

Only the space is real. The space never changes and everything else does. Therefore how can anything that changes be real?“

Robert Adams