Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-08-2019, 10:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Bliss is bliss

So how does bliss feel to you?

x daz x
Old 25-08-2019, 10:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I believe that it IS possible to swat a fly one minute and feel the loss of a loved one the next. This isn’t what I have been implying at all .

What you are suggesting here is one moment following another moment where there is a change of emotion ..

That change doesn’t reflect something permanent does it .

Permanence is what has been declared here in regards to being permanently blissful ..

There is no permanence while there is a constant change in emotions that vary from loving kindness to being intentional cruel ..

Where is the permanence in that?

In regards to bliss and what bliss means to you, in my eyes highlights the difficulties here because I don't think they're are agreements in what is supposedly being permanently experienced lol .

This is why I have emphasised the need to address this point ..

x dax x

You’ve shown that your directing bliss as relating to gods love.

Paramhansa Yogananda, explains that bliss is, “a transcendental state of superior calm including within itself the consciousness of a great expansion and that of ‘all in One and One in all.
Old 25-08-2019, 10:20 AM
Master
Bliss is an innate state of inner joy. It is constant, undisturbed by outward gain or loss. We all have the capacity for it, no matter our age, background, physical or mental disabilities, ethnicity, gender, or religion. External circumstances, whether positive or negative, happy or sad, do not affect it..
Old 25-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Master
Quote:
You’ve shown that your directing bliss as relating to gods love.

Paramhansa Yogananda, explains that bliss is, “a transcendental state of superior calm including within itself the consciousness of a great expansion and that of ‘all in One and One in all.

God's Love is blissful. Self realization is Blissful .. The realization that all is one is blissful ..

We could find a 100 guru's that speak about bliss and what it means to them ..

But lets take this definition you have posted and tell me in this instance how can this superior calmness and this all is one stuff reflect a dude that get's irritated by a fly and kills it ..

You see it doesn't add up does it even by the definition you posted .

If anything this definition complies with what I am saying ..

x daz x
Old 25-08-2019, 10:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Bliss is an innate state of inner joy. It is constant, undisturbed by outward gain or loss. We all have the capacity for it, no matter our age, background, physical or mental disabilities, ethnicity, gender, or religion. External circumstances, whether positive or negative, happy or sad, do not affect it..

So again, by your own understanding of bliss you can't be permanently blissful and be irritated . The inner joy felt cannot reflect an energy of something other than that.

It is a certain frequency of being, it doesn't mix with intentionally creating sufferings to other's ..

It doesn't reflect permanent inner joy does it .

All this supposed permanence running in the background while one is running amok with a machete doesn't add up ..

Permanence of joy will be reflected in joyfulness and nothing else .

x daz x
Old 25-08-2019, 10:32 AM
Master
The seat of Realization is within and the seeker cannot find it as an object outside him. That seat is bliss and is the core of all beings. Hence it is called the Heart

Ramana ..

Does this energy reflect someone who would deliberately inflict pain on another?

x daz x
Old 25-08-2019, 11:09 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
The seat of Realization is within and the seeker cannot find it as an object outside him. That seat is bliss and is the core of all beings. Hence it is called the Heart

Ramana ..

Does this energy reflect someone who would deliberately inflict pain on another?

x daz x

Ramana is right.

bliss has and never has had anything to do with DOING. its a non DOING. bringing up actions about it good or bad is not in the ball park.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 25-08-2019, 01:11 PM
Master
Quote:
God's Love is blissful. Self realization is Blissful .. The realization that all is one is blissful ..

But lets take this definition you have posted and tell me in this instance how can this superior calmness and this all is one stuff reflect a dude that get's irritated by a fly and kills it ..

x daz x
This is very true.

The "textbook" definition of bliss is Satchitananda.

Sat= Truth or being-ness. Realizing that this is truly the "All" and there is nothing more or other than what it already is.

Chit = Consciousness. Realizing that everything is connected or "one" and there is no separation between self and other.

Ananda = Joy or the "bliss state" itself, which is beyond words or any attempt to describe it.

Many try to describe it using a gazillion words and definitions. God's love is different, but it is ALSO the same! I guess that bliss is also where the "means" and the "end" meet as one also - where love becomes sufficient unto love.

There are many paths up the mountain, but some just sit on the path going "I think I will rest here for a bit" while others will say "WHAT mountain? There IS no mountain". I never liked that approach personally because I consider it to be too nihilistic and solipsistic and that big, bad "void" thing sounds scary....but that's just me! Others like it and "good luck to them" is all I can say.

Suffice to say that when one is in the bliss state, they probably wouldn't get irritated by the fly. Their whole attention would be elsewhere...they would be totally lost in Samadhi, so they wouldn't kill the fly anyway - which would have nothing to do with either "wanting" or "not wanting" to.

However, even God gets annoyed with flies...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I-hYq3Y9IoU

This was nominated for an Oscar...believe it or not.
Old 25-08-2019, 01:18 PM
Master
Quote:

Ramana ..

x daz x

How do you determine deliberate infliction as such. If you understand pain and why it causes reactions, your question about this would be aware as compassion yourself. You wouldn’t be questioning these two extremes as not able to exist as one.

A reaction can be stirred for many reasons.
Old 25-08-2019, 01:25 PM
Master
Quote:

x daz x

Tell me about this bliss you’ve decided is self realisation, gods love is blissful, all is one is blissful. I don’t experience bliss, so I don’t know personally from my experience, but I can sense what feels right in its awareness through those that share their experience. Your first line is indicating your own personal experience yes?