Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-02-2015, 04:34 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryad
Negative energy is part of the foundation of the universe. Every atom has a positively charged nucleus and negatively charged electrons. It is fundamental to the balance of the universe. But an electron is not evil. It is negative. Negative energy may lead to things we interpret as evil but evil is not the nature of negative energy.

You can pretend all you like it doesn't mean it's not there.
What you're talking about is called negative charge. I'm not disputing that negative charge exists. And I'm not disputing that negativity exists. But negative energy does not exist, scientifically speaking. Energy is always positive or zero.
Old 21-02-2015, 04:38 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
Do you think a human being is able to overcome negativity/evil through discrimination of thought and subsequently choose to do the positive/good?
Yes humans can overcome the evil inside themselves by making good choices. It doesn't always come naturally though which is why young people are more prone to get themselves into trouble than those of us with more experience.

Quote:
I believe that if God didn't want negativity/evil to exist, They wouldn't create the potential of negativity/evil. Therefore I also believe God to be the cause of the existence of The Negativity.
That's like saying that the Second Amendment was added to the Constitution because the forefathers wanted people to commit gun crimes. No. The reason God created a potential for evil isn't because he wants evil to exist, but because he wants us to have freedom. Same reason for the Second Amendment.
Old 21-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Do you know how "innocent" negative energy can lead to violent behavior?
And is it impossible for the "innocent" positive energy to transform into evil?
Are you saying that the electron is the "root-causer" of evil?

Energy can have a negative charge and there are entities that consist entirely of negatively charged energy. They don't always think the way we do. Violence is usually an extension of anger which also has a negative charge but at other levels it can be an extension of the darkness itself without the emotional transition.

It's not impossible. Angels can fall. Demons can rise. Fallen angels can be redeemed. Human souls have both dark and light in order to balance us for dualistic experience.

Evil is only in our interpretation of it. It's subjective. Electrons have nothing to do with evil...it was an illustration that negative energy is part of the fundamental balance that is duality.
Old 21-02-2015, 06:07 PM
Guide
There's no such thing as negatively charged energy. Because energy does not have either a negative or positive charge. You can have negatively charged matter, it's called ions. But there is nothing inherently evil about ions whether they are positively or negatively charged. Therefore negative charge is something totally different from evil or darkness. They are not related.

I'm not saying that evil entities do not exist. But it has nothing to do with charge.
Old 21-02-2015, 07:44 PM
nowarrivinglater

For me the dark side isn't anything that metaphysical or theological... it's just drug addiction. Drugs led me to my bottom in life, led me into AA and other 12-step groups, and it's been a slow uphill climb ever since.
Old 21-02-2015, 08:58 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Thanks.

I'm sincerely sorry for crossing your boundary. I'm someone who (sincirely tries to) have much respect for all beings. I don't want to hurt anyone in the broadest sense of the word.

I do not follow any Masters. But I find the Masters who practice (only) Love very inspiring.
With this one-size-fits-all-lifestyle I only meant that when one acts only positive, I personally believe life becomes most fulfilling. And that this is true for everybody.

You don't need to apologise, as you didn't know then what those boundaries are. But thank you for hearing.

With regards to the dark side, people will always give different views. But in the end what matters is your own experience of it. When you look deep inside yourself and face those that have hurt you or are hurting you, what is really there - that's what matters.

I can find compassionate understanding, even healing for those that have acted abusively towards me. But I would never dream of telling someone else that has experienced abuse to do it this way, simply because it's so very personal and individual.

In this way, from my perspective, the only way a person can really come to understand darkness and how to overcome it, is through their own experience of it. We can learn to act a certain way, but healing comes from within and through finding compassion and love for the natural response to darker circumstances.
Old 21-02-2015, 09:18 PM
Lorelyen

Curious, and perhaps it's spiritual fashion at the moment but there's much confusion about "negative".

Many seem to equate it with "bad" which is erroneous. It counterbalances "positive". You can't have one without the other, physically or spiritually, without considerable difficulty. The Moon is negative. So is water. So by convention are most things female.... but that doesn't mean they're bad!

The dark side is a) the unknown about ones self and ones relation to the cosmos; b) the side that we explore if we wish to get to know it (hence bring it into the light).

The evil associated with the dark side, spoken of much in this thread, exists because, as a genre of energies, its form and content is being denied or avoided - so it exerts control over the "avoider". Simply, they have no measure of what's going on, what it's doing and so on.

Bad and evil are bad and evil and may manifest from the nightside. They also manifest very well on the dayside. But negative is a different thing and not necessarily anything to do with the dark or evil.

Old 21-02-2015, 11:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhambra
?..........
What happened to your post Alhambra? It was a nice kind of statement. Especially when one has enough knowledge about the subject and thus spend very little or no time at all acting negatively or pondering over negativity. One then acts positively (almost) only, just like all those great Masters showed us; it is possible and I am very interested in finding out how life looks like then thereafter.

ps. for other readers than Alhambra:
Alhambra's statement was about not pondering the mystery of the Dark Side too much but to do more other things; there is more out there.
Old 21-02-2015, 11:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspirit
Yes humans can overcome the evil inside themselves by making good choices. It doesn't always come naturally though which is why young people are more prone to get themselves into trouble than those of us with more experience.
I agree with this. They say that a human being is mature when they have reached 18 years of age. In my experience maturity is reached between 30 and 40 years. There is defenitely a relationship between age and acting consciously. This is very obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspirit
That's like saying that the Second Amendment was added to the Constitution because the forefathers wanted people to commit gun crimes. No. The reason God created a potential for evil isn't because he wants evil to exist, but because he wants us to have freedom. Same reason for the Second Amendment.
I believe this too. God created The Negativity but sincerely hopes we don't choose for it.
Old 21-02-2015, 11:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Energy can have a negative charge and there are entities that consist entirely of negatively charged energy. They don't always think the way we do. Violence is usually an extension of anger which also has a negative charge but at other levels it can be an extension of the darkness itself without the emotional transition.
Maybe off-topic:
This energy they call "Chi" in the East. Does it consist both positive and negative energy? Like Yin and Yang in the form of Chi.

Quote:
It's not impossible. Angels can fall. Demons can rise. Fallen angels can be redeemed. Human souls have both dark and light in order to balance us for dualistic experience.
How does Dark transform into Light and Light into Dark?

Quote:
Evil is only in our interpretation of it. It's subjective. Electrons have nothing to do with evil...it was an illustration that negative energy is part of the fundamental balance that is duality.
It would be interesting though. But also as simple as 1+1=2 once a civilisation found out about electrons. I guess Life is more complex and difficult to understand. Didn't very wise people say "I know that I know nothing"?