Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-05-2011, 06:46 AM
arive nan

There are people who believe the lies they tell themselves. For example, someone who says, "I never compare myself to others, like other people do" and they really aren't aware that they are comparing themselves to others. The evidence that it is a lie is right there in the same statement. But they still believe that they are not comparing themselves even while they are doing so. This sort of thing happens a lot.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by yinepu
Yeah but they are lying to themselves, they see the truth ie my car is blue, but its a lie saying its indigo.

However if you and i are looking at 2 people arguing and we are trying to make a judgement on this action... then yes you and i can see 2 different things and no matter the concincing sometimes people just dont see the same thing.... hence your truth my truth.

religion is a perfect one its not lying nor deception , its just where your truth is at as to whether or not you want to believe it or not, and neither choice is wrong. Its individual , whatever floats your boat in that instance.

Some like to however ram it down your throat as they wish , thier truth should be yours... thats a lack of maturity.... 2 kids in kindergarten wanting the same paintbrush....its mine ... no its mine !!!! each other trying to convince each other of a story so they can have the other person believe them and then relent haha.

It isn't about a car's colour... in an example there are two brothers and their father leaves 50% shares as their inheritance, but one wants as much as he can get but somehow has to justify it, so he invents reasons as to why he is entitled.

The stories are entirely invented but they seem true to the greedy brother, they imply he is more worthy and his brother less worthy... and he does believe these little inventions which justify his lions share.

Your belief or my belief is OK and that's how it is, but I don't call belief 'my truth'...
Old 11-05-2011, 03:18 PM
yinepu

Quote:
Originally Posted by arive nan
There are people who believe the lies they tell themselves. For example, someone who says, "I never compare myself to others, like other people do" and they really aren't aware that they are comparing themselves to others. The evidence that it is a lie is right there in the same statement. But they still believe that they are not comparing themselves even while they are doing so. This sort of thing happens a lot.

Hi arive nan, yeah i agree with what you it happens alot.. but in my book and others here , when they believe it and they see nothin=g wrong with thier behaviour its simply that they have no clue what they are doing,,, its a lesson not yet learnt... i and white shaman tried earlier in pots to explain this.

But its ok , i think gem in stuck on what im trying to say also. So for now i will leave this thread , ive said as much as i can , enjoy
Old 11-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by yinepu
Hey SG yeah i get that , but when the body dies, my truth is my spirit , soul whatever word floats ya boat, lives on .... therefore withthe death of a body then the spirit is still life !

Your spirit will continue IMO but not in your current existence of course, which requires clay to house the spirit. The spirit then suffuses the clay. This is why the whole of our lives on this plane are about finding truth in the unity and integration of our self. We have to form a healthy ego -- but then we have to learn to overcome ego in order to allow connection with our heart/spirit, with others, and with God. We have to surrender mind/ego to heart/spirit.

The body is the house of the soul and there is a reason for it. The heart's magnetic field is 5000x as strong as the brains. The heart has its own neurological system and the amount of neurotranmitted info from the heart to the brain is greater than the reverse. Unlike the brain, the heart's neurons communicate in quantum fashion...simultaneously, all at once. The information from the heart to the brain literally shapes thought and feeling, personality and character.

Heart shapes mind. Heart is the true self. And I think there will always be dissonance within ourselves until this is accepted within. Allowing the heart to lead is how we come into the truth of who we are. And of how we are. It is how we are built and how we come to know the divine. I think this is absolutely why the ancients and nearly every spiritual tradition recognises the heart as the "seat of the soul", or the divine spark.

Luckily for all the non-mystical folks, science is rapidly catching up with what the sages have known for millenia.

Here are a few links...

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article150010.ece

http://subjected2subjectivity.blogspot.com/2007/06/thinking-heart.html
Old 11-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Master
I absolutely love life. I love my life. I love my family. I can’t imagine life without them in it……..and yet I have no problem whatsoever with the thought that when this body dies everything about “me” dies with it (except where “I” continue in how I have impacted the world and the people I have encountered and loved)
The idea of a soul doesn’t sit right with me at all.
Just sharing…….James
Old 11-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Master
WS...again there is the limitation of language isn't there? although it's difficult to wrap my head around, it's really probably more of a simultaneous "existence" and awareness thing, where it's just perceived in linear (ordered) time by us...

but maybe what ppl remember as memory, and even past lives, etc are just things that from a higher perspective can all be seen as happening at once.

and yet I agree you as you exist in this moment will never come again in this same form and with this same set of experiences memories etc.

I also believe nothing is lost though, in the energetic sense...and even in the sense of "recording" or knowing what has happened.

peace,
7L
Old 11-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
WS...again there is the limitation of language isn't there? although it's difficult to wrap my head around, it's really probably more of a simultaneous "existence" and awareness thing, where it's just perceived in linear (ordered) time by us...

but maybe what ppl remember as memory, and even past lives, etc are just things that from a higher perspective can all be seen as happening at once.

and yet I agree you as you exist in this moment will never come again in this same form and with this same set of experiences memories etc.

I also believe nothing is lost though, in the energetic sense...and even in the sense of "recording" or knowing what has happened.

peace,
7L

Yes, the thought of simultaneous existence rings well with me. What else rings well with me as related to nothing being lost is the concept within The Tibetian Wheel of life that depicts energy coming and going and returning (maybe what is referred to as a soul perhaps).......until that is it no longer needs to anymore.
Who knows.........
Old 11-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Master
Not me...I know nada...but since when did that stop me? LOL...........

Cheers!
7L
Old 11-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Not me...I know nothing...but since when did that stop me? LOL...........

Cheers!
7L

Ha!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Master
grrrr! when we give ourselves permission to be self deceptive we're holding back our entire species and sometimes i can't help but feel that we don't have the time to pussyfoot around anymore.