Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 26-05-2017, 04:05 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
you honestly think people would go for something if they don't get anything out of it? doesn't seem realistic...
I qualified my statement with "in terms of 'power over'". Of course they gain something in terms of 'power with ..' and especially 'power to ..'
Old 26-05-2017, 04:07 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
Faith - doubt = dogma

Faith+ doubt = spirutality
Process thinking is not just a faith.

TBH I don't think that many here know about process thinking but are just too afraid to ask. LOL
Old 26-05-2017, 08:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Faith - doubt = dogma

Faith+ doubt = spirutality
That's quite good. But you know, your avatar there, the hermit, knows and travels the middle path, between those two.

No faith and no doubt.
Old 27-05-2017, 12:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
That's quite good. But you know, your avatar there, the hermit, knows and travels the middle path, between those two.

No faith and no doubt.

No, he has faith in the spirit within. The middle path is illuminated by the ways of the heart. Peace follows and leads the way.

It needs no words or promises to define it and lets it be a light unto his mind.

The mind, the great tree of monkeys.....

Tomorrow will be peace if today is peaceful and all that was will sleep in peace.

I have my days when the middle path gets a very sharp edge.
Old 28-05-2017, 12:40 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
I qualified my statement with "in terms of 'power over'". Of course they gain something in terms of 'power with ..' and especially 'power to ..'

yeah I responded too quickly. I caught the qualification after I responded... but then i was like what the heck and just let it ride .

a short excerpt out of 'if' by Rudyard Kipling is what I had in mind when responding. Can't post it on this site though... AFAIK there is a strict policy against cut and paste from the poems of others. But the basic idea is people will not consider themselves bound by your intent. Someone is likely to say to themselves, 'geez, this idea looks like another thing I can use to control week minds' and then go from there.
Old 28-05-2017, 08:40 AM
Master
Quote:
No, he has faith in the spirit within.
Again, faith is not required when speaking of experiential wisdom. The hermit travels the experiential wisdom path. S/he KNOWS the spirit within because s/he has experiences it directly. Therefore there is no question nor doubt regarding the truth of the spirit within. That was my point. But we're describing the same middle path traveler, either way, so there you go!
Old 28-05-2017, 11:57 AM
Master
Faith is described in the dictionary as "strong belief."
Belief is not required.
Nor is it a component of higher wisdom and understanding.
The soul experiences, and knows.
And in that knowing, unites in oneness with Spirit.
Old 28-05-2017, 12:08 PM
Master
I require and enjoy both faith and belief. It is unnecessary to live without them. Of course if you don't need faith or belief then fine. But to me they offer much.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 28-05-2017, 12:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Of course if you don't need faith or belief then fine. But to me they offer much.
Yes, there are many paths and many ways. Church-goers who sing and listen to sermons and share tea afterwards, love the community aspect of the path. For me, I'd rather sit alone listening to waves and seagulls, that's my idea of "heavenly sound."

Even the middle path of the mystic hermit has two distinct roads one chooses to travel. The extroverted hermit seeks metaphysical, spirit-world confirmation. The introverted hermit seeks confirmation in nature and the physical world.
Old 28-05-2017, 07:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Again, faith is not required when speaking of experiential wisdom. The hermit travels the experiential wisdom path. S/he KNOWS the spirit within because s/he has experiences it directly. Therefore there is no question nor doubt regarding the truth of the spirit within. That was my point. But we're describing the same middle path traveler, either way, so there you go!

All good points Baile, I concur. I ditched the hermit and went for the tree with her roots. The tree feeds the roots in decay and the roots maintain the tree.

Peace and light within us all as the Earth flourishes.

But you know, I have within me a prayerful soul, I'm grateful for my existence, and my faith rests in higher places and eternal gratitude is a good thing. I have no problem with that power above me as I know "first hand" the way it moves through me.

But as you say, faith is not so much required as this silent awe.

There is the path of devotion, and then the path of internal lights, as long as peace flourishes we are doing Good.