Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 30-11-2023, 02:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I remember it very well and posted it minute by minute on line here. It was a historical event.
I mean come on.... The guy was 90 !
Credit where it's due .
Old 02-12-2023, 05:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
I mean come on.... The guy was 90 !
Credit where it's due .
That comment was meant in general , just to clarify, and not aimed at you John . I wasn't meaning you didn't give him credit, I know you did and I remember well now you mention it that you followed it closely.
Old 02-12-2023, 07:33 AM
Master
With something like that: you can expect anything to happen. I was on the edge of my chair for the whole event.

I still prefer Chris Pike as Captain Kirk. LOL!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-12-2023, 07:36 AM
Master

Remember when we would get super excited about going on a coach for a school trip and we had to take a packed lunch ?
The packed lunch for many of the kids was the biggest treat, akin to a family picnic or the rare birthday party. It was the knowing we'd have some sandwiches and a packet of crisps , some fruit and perhaps a chocolate biscuit. Along with the mandatory home made bottle of warm orange juice it was a feast to behold , and the temptation was just too much for most of the kids and we would dive in the second the coach set off.
But of course I couldn't be like normal kids could I and have a nice potted beef sandwich , or ham. No, I was the one that always had "smelly egg " sandwiches , and even though I loved them it was embarrassing when I un-wrapped them and the whole coach would shout
"Ughhhhhh....who's let one off ?..." .
Haha...happy days.
Old 02-12-2023, 07:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
With something like that: you can expect anything to happen. I was on the edge of my chair for the whole event.

I still prefer Chris Pike as Captain Kirk. LOL!
That's true !!! And I guess at 90 he might not have been bothered if he never got back !!!!
Chris Pike ? No sorry, I don't remember him !
Old 02-12-2023, 03:54 PM
Master
Chris(topher) Pike was played by Jeffrey Hunter in the original pilot of Star Trek. He played the first Captain of the Enterprise in the 1960's TV series.

The real Chris(topher) Pike played Captain Kirk in the movies Star Trek (2009). Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) and Star Trek Beyond (2016). Some claim Star Trek 4 is on its way. I love watching these movies. I am positive that it is the music that really makes these movies.

It is odd that a real life character and a fictional character have the same name.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Last edited by BigJohn : 02-12-2023 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:29 PM
Master

Cpt Pike visited the planet with the beings with the big heads. They had great psychic powers. They could make people see and do what they wanted. This show was intended as the pilot but they thought viewers would not understand it . So they went with the being that sucked salt out of people instead. I think if ST had had a 4th season Kirk and Spock would have gone back and brought Edith Kieler to the 23 rd ch . Saving her from a death in an auto accident.
Old 04-12-2023, 07:03 AM
Master

Nope.... I don't remember him at all . But I do recall the beings with the big heads .
Me and my brother used to call them bum heads LOL.
Old 04-12-2023, 12:54 PM
Master

And then there was Twilight Zone. All the strange looking aliens. One group of them wrote a book. To serve man .
Old 04-12-2023, 01:40 PM
Master
I loved the Twilight Zone episode that had William Shatner (before Star Trek) seeing a 'monster' out on the plane's wing.