Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-02-2022, 05:34 PM
Good post, Mo. #120

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-02-2022, 07:22 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Good post, Mo. #120

Hahaha…..the sound of one hand clapping ? Thanks……😀😀
Old 19-02-2022, 11:13 PM
Master
I’m not sure why we perceive pain in this alternate world- what I believe is pure physics—- but not everyone would think they are in the wrong world(life lessons as such and our higher selfs) why we get into altercations or why fire exists to be the most painful way to die—-or substance to date.. but these things are of god or are powerful in their own right(something is always working - for someone) why the large mass is without magic , teleportation, ect is a reincarnation issue- truthfully everything is fine, it’s just time- but why?? We were born this way- the devil has his hands in our stuff for far to long- and has had let and dominance over life far more greater than god has- yet his creation is vast and unfathomable —- it won’t be long and the devil will be out of work when we reach these states*** if we have to go through pain just to get to the real world - then there’s nothing we can do but ‘hold on’

What we really want to achieve is always changing with desires and wants and needs thus our alternative universes are Changing also/ from : far from the real world - we live in a world of pain—-

Until that act is taken away and we don’t process it any further- will we be liberated… our desires and wants & needs changing with that also? Why must it happen??? I don’t have the answers for that but we must endure a lot!!!

Just living in the present moment- our natural vibrations are hard to see and hear— over the bombardment of stereotypes and cultures…

Sorting them is a good idea and a lot of soul searching—- I can’t save me from my reincarnations but I can try to embrace and endure them!!

Fire is most painful thing I’ve ever gone through—- and it’s torture will be revenged- everything has a image- even fire!!!

100 reincarnations in 6000 years!! That’s with 40 years each time in suspended animation!!!

I couldn’t want more than to live life but without power and teleportation I rather die and be in peace—- what did you wake me up for just to destroy me???

Living without magic,matter and teleportation- like I’ve had snippets of them in my life’s!!!

Gods plan is far greater than pain!!!

It’s the devils work!!

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 20-02-2022, 12:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Hey there Moonglow

People derive comfort from where they will, it's human nature to look outside ourselves for what we need or a place to lay the blame. But if you look at Jesus' words, we all have a slice of God inside us.

Hey Greenslade,

To me, looking “outside ourselves” for blame is in a way disempowering.
For not taking responsibility for ones own actions is avoiding ones own self, IMO.
Then is one learning? Is one making efforts to create change?

I know this can be a hard line to take, but I also see the other side. That is there are things that happen that are caused by others actions.

Again, is this Gods’ doing? Meaning is there an outside entity doling out rewards and punishments? I really don’t see it this way. So, the repeated question. Just to give some pause, perhaps.

Yes, history is riddled with one group taking power and attempts at suppressing another's group power and beliefs/faith. I don’t know for sure, but don’t think the Roman emperors were the first. To me these events reflect humans more so then God/Creator/the mysterious force of life, ect. Yes, religion has been misused to manipulate the masses. People have been and continue to be persecuted by those that want to control the masses.

If one sees oneself as a God or all powerful, well you gonna get problems.

So, taking that God symbolizes and is told to be as the creator and gave rise to the formation, is still a mystery in many ways.

Can agree (as has been alluded to) understanding ourselves first will bring a deeper understanding of what God represents, IMO (to put in my own words)

God, not in what has been told to be, but that mysterious yet personal aspect that connects us to what is held sacred.

If we hold ourselves and each as being sacred would, dare say, change the world.
Old 20-02-2022, 01:35 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Perhaps you and the others who do not believe in God also are entrenched in the same way, in other words, not being able to say that it is possible that there is a God.
It's as possible that there is no God as much as it's possible that there is a God. The real question is what are the reasons I might believe there is or isn't? It's the reasons that are important. As Meister Eckhart said, "If you know God then you don't know God." Everything after "God is" is no longer God. And if God has attributes are we still talking about God?

If I am entrenched in something it's possibilities, and possibilities are much like mysteries.

I'm as clairsentient medium, and mediums work directly with Spirit. So is God being Spirit different from the Spirit of mediumship, as in people who have passed over?

I understand the concept of what God means to people, but what's going on in their noggins? What do people get out of having a belief in God and, as I've already asked, if there were no reasons to believe in God would God still exist? Are we talking about a being because that's the way our minds operate, in that we've personified that which goes far beyond our capacity to understand?

Christianity began in ancient Egypt and it's likely that it came from there with Moses and the Israelites. The Greek word Krystos means 'anointed one' - which Jesus certainly would have been but Jesus wasn't THE Christ, he was A Christ. History has it that Jesus was an Essene and likely a Nazorean Essene, but it's been documented that he was taught by the Essene from an early age. If you look at the Gospel of Judas Iscariot - which is a Gnostic text - Jesus' God was the Gnostic God. His teachings make more sense from the perspective of Gnosticism rather than Christianity.

Gnosis itself is 'knowing without knowing how you know', so Jesus having Gnosis makes sense in terms of his knowledge seeming to come from nowhere.

There are no airtight arguments as far as this is concerned, but at the same time there has to come a time when we need to push all the nonsense out of the way to get to something more sensible. The belief in God has a history and when we get rid of what is clearly not God, the closer we come to God.

It's from mystery that possibility arises.
Old 20-02-2022, 06:19 PM
Molearner

Quote:
. As Meister Eckhart said,

I'm as clairsentient medium, and mediums work directly with Spirit. So is God being Spirit different from the Spirit of mediumship, as in people who have passed over?

What do people get out of having a belief in God and, as I've already asked, if there were no reasons to believe in God would God still exist? .

Greenslade,

Hard to unpack all of this. First….to give credence to a Christian mystic, Meister Eckhart, to serve as something that would support atheism ? It Is there even such a thing as mystic atheists ? Why not cite learned atheists ?

Working with spirits seems to imply that you believe in an afterlife. I did not know that atheists believed in life after death. Since you do not believe in God you cannot speak of spirit of something that does not exist. I will let you attribute spirit to the disembodied if I get a clarification of the atheist conception of any existence of afterlife.

In practice God does not exist for those who do not believe in him. Prior to Pentecost(restoration of access to the Spirit) God was the initiator of interaction with God with the exception of the elite or the chosen. After Pentecost God has become like a child…..speaking when spoken to. Dialogue with God is now possible….but only for those who believe in God and it is they who initiate the interaction. Having been in relationship with Christians you have probably heard the maxim…’seek and ye will find, etc.’. It essentially a call to activate the Spirit of God.

As for the spirits of the dead(if they exist) what could they possibly inform one of ? It seems it would be limited to their life experiences…..the Spirit of God(if he exists) would be inexhaustible…..without limit. I have often thought that being an atheist can only be a luxury for the most fortunate….those who have never experienced need, distress, sorrow, hopelessness. For those not so fortunate they are surprised that the God that they have ‘created’ is real….the hidden pearl….:)
Old 21-02-2022, 11:44 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
If we hold ourselves and each as being sacred would, dare say, change the world.
Hey there Moonglow

It's in the interaction between how we perceive ourselves and what we believe/want God to be that we see ourselves. And since God sees though our eyes or we are in a consciousness feedback loop with the Universe God can also see God through being not-God.

And yes, maybe if we did believe ourselves to be as sacred as Jesus and so many other religions said we are in various ways. I can't help wonder if Jesus would come down and throw a tantrum because of the way some religious people spoke and acted.

Maybe if we took back what is ours instead of giving it away, or took the responsibility for ourselves for a change. Maybe then God would look down upon us with a smile instead of a grimace.
Old 21-02-2022, 12:14 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Since you do not believe in God you cannot speak of spirit of something that does not exist. I will let you attribute spirit to the disembodied if I get a clarification of the atheist conception of any existence of afterlife.
I'm a clairsentient medium, and being atheist doesn't preclude me from that. I converse with those that have passed over. So regardless, Spirit 'speaks' to an atheist like me. Does being a medium qualify as clarification?

And any medium will tell you that the "Spirits of the dead" do indeed exist.

I have heard the expression "Seek and ye shall find" but I don't attribute that to God. Each to their own. And frankly, the last time I had an encounter with someone who spoke to God, she was lying on a gurney inn a full body splint because God told her to jump off a bridge.

I was physically and emotionally abused as a child to the extent that my personality 'fractured' as a survival mechanism. My Life has never been easy and it's still not as easy as I'd like it, but I have had the strength of character to get through it. I didn't pray to God for it, I found it within myself. I'm not an atheist because I've had an easy Life.

So who is God going to favour? Is God going to favour the believer who asks for God's assistance rather than finding their own strength, or the atheist who takes it on the chin and finds their own?

I used to work in mental health and I've had insights into how people create their realities that would scare most people. You included probably. I'm well aware of how people can create their own realities that may not have any relation to objective reality at all.
Old 21-02-2022, 01:43 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm a clairsentient medium, and being atheist doesn't preclude me from that. I converse with those that have passed over. So regardless, Spirit 'speaks' to an atheist like me. Does being a medium qualify as clarification?

There are two definitions of atheism, and it can lead to confusion. An atheist can be a materialist, but doesn't have to be. Strictly speaking, an atheist doesn't believe in god or gods, though there is the issue; what about the soul? Is it viewed as god or godly?

It's confusing when you keep saying you do ''God's work''. I think it's far easier to not call oneself an atheist if one has spiritual beliefs/experiences. But it's your call of course.
Old 21-02-2022, 02:59 PM
Molearner

I have provided this before whenever there is any mention of atheism:

https://fleurmach.com/2016/05/24/sim...-purification/

Despite the stereotypical attitudes of persons of faith toward atheism, a dose of atheism can be clarifying, even purifying as Weil suggests. A godless world is not a meaningless world—but it is a world in which meaning must be created, not found. Additionally, atheism need not take wonder, beauty, inspiration, or awe out of the equation; indeed, it might open our eyes in a new way to what is right in front of us. Coates writes that

Godless though I am, the fact of being human, the fact of possessing the gift of study, and thus being remarkable among all the matter floating through the cosmos, still awes me.......vance morgan

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/freela...%20love%20most.

note to Greenslade.....one cannot speak of God judging good or bad if there is no God.....