Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-02-2024, 04:06 PM
Master
All systems go... Approval from the Holy Spirit in meditation mid afternoon as I've learned is the best time 'for me' as older, gorgeous blue from above, and the white mist going upwards, only comes occasionally that white mist - approval..... So, words I like to use with ongoing projects - ball in play...

Let's have some lighthearted comments everyone / anyone, keep us strong here with a smile - and of course to brighten the churches up with some smiles laughter, in amongst the powerful teaching there... No ones making anyone - its free choice church leaders...

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...
Old 03-02-2024, 02:41 PM
Master
Hi lovely friends, this has gone on church groups today... And a photo of a URC for sale - this has to stop I suggested... So we live in hope xx...

On my / our Churches Survival / Revival Thread on Spiritual Forums, the Christianity page - sometimes there's 400 new people a day worldwide come to look on for a few seconds or an hour who knows how much they read - but its ball in play re church survival.

And watch those service lengths 'the ones that want to' - some churches think give them the money's worth even though its free - it's the wrong way of doing it - IMO 45 mins, leave the people wanting more 'as it should be' then they return and tell friends it's good in there.

Of course this is free choice, some will say you're not telling us what to do - but it's free will choice isn't it... And good luck to one's trying something different.

The Holy Spirit has only been waiting 3 years for enough people to give some thought to services to attract the 1000's in towns who believe in spirit - and soon it'll be 10,000 views in six weeks on SFs, that'll do, and now people possibly rethinking ''energy in churches'' with small sections of smiles / laughter with powerful teaching...

So wherever you are good luck tomorrow lovely people... And as my dad used to say many years ago - keep smiling......

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...
Old 03-02-2024, 04:43 PM
Master
I use to give sermons at one Church.

I don't think people were that interested in the sermon but they surely were interested in the Bible. After the service, I would go down in the audience, close my eyes and turn the Bible in as many ways as I could such as upside down and then would open the Bible up, with my eyes still close, and have the person put their finger on a scripture.

I would immediately read the scripture out loud and then give them a personal message from spirit based on that scripture.

the energy would get so high that I generally was able to give a message to everybody in the audience.

As it was, we had a lot of fun! LOL!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 04-02-2024, 01:18 PM
Master
Our service today was good - some humour powerful voice, enjoyed it - but I was thinking, we don't get many younger Ministers, I wonder if the intense training puts a few off... These new Ministers are so important if church revival is going to happen, new energy to churches, not too long services 'so people enjoy' and we're back in business...

We've got to 'connect' to those 1000's of people in towns who believe in spirit...

Old 05-02-2024, 09:57 PM
Master
2 immaculate nights sleeps, zero restless legs 'those' God's mysterious Ways - I must write more of what I've been taught - as we get nearer to 10k views here, and groups people chatting away on my posts here and there 'on path' amongst the display of key points I've been spiritually asked to share - so people read 'and think' as chatting... More jokes on the most interested group with lots chatting by so many there, by midweek start those, keep pushing... And thank you BigJohn & WhiteWarrior and others for your help here...

Old 06-02-2024, 04:23 AM
Master
I think things are changing................

This morning, I went to a Mexican restaurant. The couple sitting behind me talked to me before their food was delivered to the table. After a while, they excused themselves from the conversation because they were going to pray. As I was leaving, I stopped and talked to another couple. I left so they could also pray.

Then I went to an automotive supply store and picked up a part. When I went outside, one Mexican chap was repairing his truck. I stopped and we talked for a few minutes. Then he asked me if he could say a prayer. I was surprised: it was a very nice prayer.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-02-2024, 09:45 AM
Master
And thank you lovely admin for moving this to a good position - 10,000 views I wonder who hit the 10k one, should have been balloons / streamers flying everywhere 'surprise' you've won a special prize, a night out with one-light and bigjohn.......

Old 06-02-2024, 08:26 PM
Master
Well all the hard work is in play now 'energy in churches' - but all the church groups and posts I've been involved in - you see churches put posts on FB and 'the know nothing gang' put laughing comments on, and sarcastic replies, so many of them - I had to have a word with a few.

Anyway, hard work in play - this is one joke off one of the groups... I don't know if its suitable in church lol ?? But we have a laugh reading.........

I used to work in a pub next to a hospital and this guy walked in one day with his hospital gown on and holding a drip on a stand that was still connected to his veins.

I asked him how I could help and he said, can I have 2 pints of lager, 2 pints of Guinness, 4 Jack Daniels and coke, 3 gin and tonics, and 6 shots of tequila?

So I start to pour the drinks and put them on the bar one at a time. As I finished pouring all of the drinks he downed them in order and finished on the shots of tequila which he dispatched one at a time at a quick pace.

He then looked at me really sad and said, “I shouldn’t have drunk all that with what I’ve got.” I said, “Why what have you got?”

He said, about £3.50.

Old 06-02-2024, 08:53 PM
Master
......... LOL!

Old 10-02-2024, 11:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
I can understand why people have drifted away from the church as there is so much negativity associated with them. ,past and present ie Spanish Inquisition, witch trials, deceit, fraud, greed, power, control and pedophilles. Most churches don’t have a good past record imo.

I have to respond to this..

Historians that specialize in that period estimate that about 3000 people were executed during the Spanish Inquisition. Also, about 2 to 3% of people interrogated by the inquisition were actually executed. Inquisitors were well educated and executing people was a last resort and not a popular one. The goal was to get people to repent and reintegrate into society. If the accused didn't want to, it actually made the inquisitor and the Church look very bad because they would fail to bring someone back to the faith.

It should also be noted that one famous group that met its end were the cathars. They weren't totally nonviolent, and they preached that God and the material world were evil. While execution is a step too far for most of us, it is easy to see how such beliefs were potentially destabilizing a religious society.

History is quite different from what popular culture parrots. You live in Australia, formerly UK, I live in the Netherlands. Our cultures became mostly Protestant and secular, and our pop culture and how we're taught history should be viewed in that light. It tends to view the Middle Ages as barbaric and colourless (and all of that is false), whereas the early Modern period is viewed as the opposite (again in reality not true). The famous witch craze was mostly a thing in the early Modern period, from the 1600s onwards. Lets also not forget secular ideologies have proved to be the most deadly of all in our history.