Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-11-2022, 04:50 PM
Master

11-20-22A …

Walls are our self-imposed boundaries … our limitations. They obscure our vision.

Most everyone uses mind … to interact with the world around them … and rightfully so … since these Lower Psychic Worlds are made via the Universal Mind. This is what makes the discovery of just what Soul is … and is not … so difficult because it is wholly outside or beyond the world(s) we live in daily.

Soul is not mind … and mind is not Soul.

Divine Spirit and the Core Creator God are always trying to draw each of us into the greater polarity of Life … the positive pole … for lack of a better word … out and beyond the negative pole of the Lower Psychic Worlds. We resist … and our resistance are the walls behind which we hide … or defend. Mind … part of and controlled by the Universal Mind … always claims that its ways are superior … and in the Lower Psychic Worlds it tends to be just that.

All these small tidbits … and the entire Body, Emotions, Mind … and Beyond thread in General Beliefs … are not for someone who wants stay willingly / knowingly … in the Lower Psychic Worlds. These posts are to provide a bit of awareness beyond mind … and the Lower Psychic Worlds.

There is … and will be … tremendous resistance to fully accepting even the most basic premises that involve Soul Itself not being mind at all … and to what Soul Itself actually is and what purpose It is responsible for.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 20-11-2022, 10:46 PM
Master

11-20-22B …

It’s easy to become resentful, possibly bitter, even antagonistic on why this “path” stuff is so difficult … why all of this should take so much effort to uncover … what are the deeper truths … that we don’t really know exist but we’re given hints that they do. It’s easy to float along the general currents of the masses … float along in the orthodoxy of it all … and you gain little except a bunch of head-knowledge with all of that.

If it takes an advanced, special person to discover the deeper truths … then that’s what you must be. Orthodoxy gets you orthodoxy.

Mainstream metaphysics teaches you … ask and you will receive. It should be that easy. I want it … give it to me … now. I don’t want to work for it … just give it to me … and I’ll see if I like it … and then maybe I’ll accept it.

It does not turn out to be this way.

The traps and misdirects that keeps Soul trapped in the Lower Psychic Worlds have been in place … and refined … and added to … and manipulated … forever … for as long as the Lower Psychic Worlds have been manifested or a part of existence … as long as the schoolroom has been in existence.

If orthodoxy and all that it offers … has gotten you to the point where you know there is something beyond … you cannot continue to practice orthodoxy and hope to uncover the deeper truths. It doesn’t happen.

As tough as it might be for many to swallow … using the mind to uncover what turns out to be beyond mind … cannot be done. Using the mind to understand life at the greater / higher levels … is orthodoxy.

It appeals … because it appeals. The familiar … appeals.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 21-11-2022, 07:56 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
There is … and will be … tremendous resistance to fully accepting even the most basic premises that involve Soul Itself not being mind at all … and to what Soul Itself actually is and what purpose It is responsible for.
The first part of this one is actually easy and obvious for me. Souls definitely choose to come to Earth to incarnate, knowing they could choose much easier places. It's said that souls also choose everything that happens in the lives of their incarnations, but I'd say this is much less certain.

Whether any soul would choose a painful experience for the experience, equally as choosing a pleasurable experience for the experience, if both were equal in the lessens learned, is even less certain. We know that more is usually learned from difficult experiences than from easy ones. So, it' a pretty safe assumption that this is true for souls, as well.

I suppose that souls sometimes see that it's more difficult for an incarnated self than was expected, and so when this is the case, decide to have less intensity, over a longer period of time. Other souls choose to go all head full blast, anyway.

People choose to to things that seem insanely difficult to most other people, such as climbing Mt. Everest. Surely no one is dumb enough to think it's like a walk in the park, but many probably vastly underestimate the difficulty and danger they're putting themselves in for.

People having the same degree of difficulty in their lives usually have an attitude like "woe is me, why has this unjust burden been placed on me?" The fact that they are not aware of ever having chosen it, do not have the power to stop it, or even better, to prevent it from ever happening in the first place, and are unaware of any end goal for having the experience, never mind what that end goal might be, these things make such a huge difference in how they experience it. Make no mistake, mind would prevent these types of things from happening, if it had the power to do so. I suppose there might be a few rare exceptions, but I cannot think of what they might be.

This is an incredibly deep and fundamental difference between mind and soul. Anyone who would think that minds and souls the same thing, or even very similar to each other, must not know about this deep and fundamental difference in how choices are made by each.

I'm stating the above as opinion, not as the fact it appears to me to be. I realize I'm not replying to the latter part of your statement. It's an area I'm unfamiliar with.

JoeColo
Old 21-11-2022, 01:53 PM
Orthodoxy is not a word I ever use!
Quote:
'If orthodoxy and all that it offers … has gotten you to the point where you know there is something beyond …
you cannot continue to practice orthodoxy and hope to uncover the deeper truths.
It doesn’t happen.''
I did not know this was orthodoxy -''Using the mind to understand life at the greater / higher levels … is orthodoxy."

Boy, do I agree - the mind can get you to a certain point!
Just so far, and that is it.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-11-2022, 02:27 PM
Master

JoeColo …

You are one of those fascinating people that want to design / re-design an entire dimension to fit some kind of blueprint you’ve got going for yourself at the moment / during this lifetime. It’s kinda like … designing your own “Heaven” … or “Paradise” … or whatever you want to call it.

“We’ll just take a little bit of this concept … slap on a bit of that principle … make everything a known choice with perhaps a few exclusions … and call it good.”

Way to go. It’s fun. If I can find you in another 100 lifetimes … or 10,000 years or so … we’ll have another talk.

I will be the very first one to admit … if we could write down a complete synopsis of each of our lifetimes and then go back and review them whenever we want … to remember all the underlying beliefs and experiences that led us to draw the conclusions we followed 100 lifetimes ago … or even five lifetimes ago … if we could do that … this entire schoolroom scenario would be entirely different.

Have a great time … JoeColo … adventure lies ahead.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

Mizz H …

Yes … but then many people begin to resent the limitations of mind … or that mind “led” the individual here or there as if the individual had nothing to do with it and it was the ogre mind that did it all … and they often begin to resent it and rebel against it … diving into stopping thought … giving up all belief and desire … etc.

Mind … is the best tool Soul Itself has in dealing with the Lower Psychic Worlds. Mind … made … everything in these worlds. Talk about a capable tool … sheesh.

It’s only when the individual really reaches the point of … “Okay … I’ve had enough of this … there’s *got* to be something truly beyond mind” … such as … what / who made the entire mind / Lower Psychic Worlds schoolroom and why.

Then you begin to use mind the way it was intended … and find your heart / deeper consciousness alive and well in the Pure God Worlds. It’s not easy … and it is clearly … an ongoing process / awareness that must be practiced / realized for a little “while” every day.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -
Old 21-11-2022, 04:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
Way to go. It’s fun. If I can find you in another 100 lifetimes … or 10,000 years or so … we’ll have another talk.
Thank you for mentioning this. I was just about to mention this as I thought reincarnation wasn't considered and had no place in what happens. What I saw said was the perspective of now. Reincarnation wasn't included everything is the perspective as being (in or from) now. How can one know the future or different now. We are not there yet. One cannot know. Life (finding) is a continuation. It is like writing in a journal and years later going back to it rereading it many years later seeing it saying I thought this. We even think we don't change our mind. Reincarnation is like that journal. You always see right now, this instant, and cannot see and know anything else or a person would do it. The mind (person) has to see it. Now I will say a soul (person) does not incarnate knowing it could choose an easier life. Soul only chooses its continuation. Reincarnation is not about choosing, it is about learning. We do think the body changes and don't know who I is. People steadfastly believe only from the perspective of now. Oh to jump ahead, how cool and informative that would be. Thinking we had always felt that way, being that way.

Last edited by lemex : 21-11-2022 at 04:54 PM.
Old 21-11-2022, 04:17 PM
I started a thread here ages ago about what is the diff between you and a Yogi.
The Yogi simply said: "Ok.... Enough."
A friend asked me: WHY after 10 years am I still heartbroken over this break up!!!?
Ha:
I said: Because you haven't suffered enough.
Lololol - She went silent. Days later she said,"Wow."
Sorry, I still lol. Life really isn't that complicated.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-11-2022, 04:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
The Yogi simply said: "Ok.... Enough."
Yes people don't consider the yogi once was different and like us, not a yogi but to become one. Such evolution represents now for them. Even the yogi never thought they would become one. They become, you become. Be patient with yourself in change. In this now we choose no.
Old 21-11-2022, 04:55 PM
Master

Wow miss H I can’t believe your friend was suffering ten years after a break up. Unbelievable. But I’m curious to know why you told her that she hadn’t suffered enough. Not judging, just interested.
Old 21-11-2022, 11:59 PM
Master

I was going to try and put in some long, elaborate series on “choices” … but lemex said it wonderfully. Soul is rarely given “choices.” Sorry to report … there is no official “Compensation and Restitution” office anywhere on the planes that will call each Soul in and say … “Hey … remember that lifetime 4000 years ago in that little village in South America and you did such-and-such … so … now you’re gonna have to balance that out … and I’ve drawn up a large list of possible ways for you to do that and you get to choose.”

Um … no.

That’s like saying … I’m going to begin schooling at kindergarten and I’m gonna choose only the subjects I want and they are to be taught the way I want them to be taught.

Again … no.

The whole “I must have chosen this” is an offshoot of the old metaphysical … “When you leave this physical incarnation and get to Place X … you’ll have all the answers automatically.”

Again … no … but the promise sounded not only wonderful … but was a great sales pitch … on both counts.

Do you really think that the entities who have an established incarnation only on the astral plane … no physical incarnation at this time … spend their hours considering what and how they’re going to go about their next physical incarnation? They’ve got a life to live in that level of consciousness … and so … they apply themselves to that. It is as difficult to uncover the entire “progress” of learning and schooling there as it is here.

When an individual Soul Itself gets *far* along in it all … that Soul *may* have a bit of input to offer about it … but there will be no side-stepping of responsibility. Nobody is going to say … “Oboy … oboy … I get to go down and pay off me stealing that $1000 three lifetimes ago. Oh yeah … can’t wait … and I know just how I’m gonna do it too.”

One last time … no.

School … is school. Take the subjects … learn the lessons … learn them well … move on. The entire premise is to earn your way from Point A to Point B. You *will* sufficiently learn the lessons of Point B before they hand you the certificate. There is no coddling along the way. And then it’s time to move towards Point C.

The only real choice … is the attitude you will express as you balance out the deviations … back to the “It’s not what happens but how you react to it that counts.” And when Life is pounding on your forehead … I have heard very few express … “Oboy … oboy … oboy … lookit all the choices I’ve got.”

Enough said.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -