Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 25-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Master

absolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
even the idealistic approach is not absolute. Absolute infers a final stage and there is no final stage in infinity.
Well said . Absolute infinity 100 can't be reached in finite bodies . The numbers illustrated were to show the approaches people may have it in saying whether glass is full/empty /half-full/half empty .Finite individuals can not talk of 100% for in duality I very much agree with it.
Old 26-05-2024, 12:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
You and I have ...
... understand the subjects.

@MikeS80 post #120
First of all, there is no self to have an experience. Secondly, non-duality is not a teaching, as it cannot be gained or lost.

One can talk about non-duality to realise that the self does not exist. But you do not lose yourself, because it is realised that the "self" has actually never existed to begin with.

And furthermore, you cannot know non-duality, because knowing it would automatically imply that knowledge doesn't exist, just like a physical reality doesn't actually exist. Infact, you don't even need a physical reality to understand that it is not real.

There is the aspect of existence that is aware of itself. I call this the prime duality. It is God Source Consciousness. It can extend itself to infinity, because there exists nothing outside of this God Source Consciousness. So it's duality and relativity is unbounded and unlimitted, as there exists nothing outside of this Prime Duality to limit it. It's self resonance capacity is infinite. It's relativity extends throughout infinity and evermore. This is duality. This is Maya. And because it lends it's infinity and eternity from the Absolute, it can be appreciated for what it is and respected accordingly, being used in such a way to expand the freedom of self as Creator. Or atleast as an extension of Creator. So a Co-creator. Where we can unify physical and non-physical to create the best life imaginable.

But the reason you can create any reality you so desire, is because there is no limit, and physical reality doesn't actually literally exist. So manifesting reality does not imply you are limitted by that reality alone. And thus this can be viewed as a good thing.

But when you insist on understanding non-duality, one has to throw away all relative things. Which implies, you have to throw away all of creation. Including your own creating. As creation does not exist, but you are creating, always, as a consciousness, wether you want it or not, and wether you know it or not, you are always creating. You are eternal creator.

But non-duality has no such thing. Non-duality is the aspect of Existence that has no absolutely no and zero awareness of itself. It merely exist.
So even tho it cannot be experienced or known, you can still understand it, by understanding that existence, without awareness, without change, without becoming, just pure existence, is unique. Because it is the one thing in existence that is without equivalence. As non-existence, by definition, doesn't exist. So existence is the one thing that exists that has no polar opposite, no relativity, no vibration, no frequency, no change, no becoming. NO RELATIVITY. NO DUALITY. No sine wave. No up and no down.

Where as consciousness requires self and other than self, to be conscious and ever expanding and ever evolving, infinitely and eternally. Existence Absolute does not have a self/other than self. It has no consciousness. It just merely exists as existence itself. Not a thing that exists. And since existence has no equivalence or opposite, it is not relative. And it is also the Only thing that exists, that has no equivalence/opposite.

In other words, existence does not need anything to exists. Existence depends on nothing to exists. Existence does not even require the prime duality of God Source Consciousness to exist. And so existence depends on nothing to exist. But everything depends on existence to exist. Including God Source Consciousness, depends on existence to exist. This is why existence is absolute. And when you understand that existence is the ONLY thing that exists that is without equivalence, or polarity, or relativity, then you understand that existence is absolute and it is Unique. There is no outside of it, no inside it, no before or after, no time, no space.

Now, God Source Consciousness also is beyond time/space. But existence itself, goes one step further, and requires not even a self and no awareness. Awareness also depends upon existence to exist, existence depends on nothing to exist, and so everything is relative to existence. But existence is relative to nothing.

And existence is the only thing that is non-relative. It has no equivalence. And so, we conclude that existence is BEING unique. Not becoming unique. IT IS BEING UNIQUE.
Uniqueness is the only thing that it can be. And that is why everything is always Unique. Including consciousness.

So knowing cannot exist, if everything is absolutely Unique without even becoming Unique, without time and space, there is not even anything that it can be compared with. It literally is without comparison, uncomparable. Without Equivalence. Without self/other. Without duality. Without relativity. Without consciousness. It is just being unique.

And that is why everything, as existence, is Unique. Including consciousness. So can consciousness really be defined? No... Because it is always BEING unique.

To the human mind, this sounds like "Oh, so everything is constantly being New all the time!" Yes that is how it appears. We can say this moment is so new, that we cannot even define it. And that will always be true, except the important fact and distinction, that Existence never becomes Unique. It simply is being Unique, in absolute terms. There is thus no time or change. The change is an illusory side effect of misperceived reality. We experience the Uniqueness of existence and call it time and change. There is no time, no change. Existence and its uniqueness is so absolute, that even the one perceiving it to be Unique, is always being Unique, and therefor undefinable. Because it is literally always being "unlike anything else". So it cannot be known or defined. This includes your consciousness and all that you experience within it, and this even includes God Source Consciousness.

It is like everything, always being "unlike anything else." because there literally exists nothing but existence! So from that position, or unposition, even consciousness is an illusion. We call it consciousness because we think we know it. But existence cannot be known. The absolute existence, which is absolute, is the very essence of unknowability. So the highest possible knowledge is that knowledge doesn't exist. And neither does consciousness.

Then you can understand "Oh, so I don't exist either." The appearance of self and time and free will, those appearances exist. And they are infinite in potential, so not to discard consciousness. But the absolute simply has no awareness of self/other. There is nothing but the absolute in absolute terms. It is simply existence, without any "thing" that exists. Just pure existence itself.

Now in a way we can still say "God Source Consciousness" is the indestructable core and essence of all being and becoming. But the difference I am making here, is to save you allot of confusion. So you can understand that in absolute terms, existence is being but never becoming.

So it may seem like consciousness or prime duality is the polar opposite of Existence non-duality, but it isn't. Because duality is just a tiny little extension of Existence. It is not even an extension, but a side effect of extensionism/duality. It is so little that it is actually an illusory side effect of the fractaline nature of duality as unbounded and unlimitted consciousness, and still! STILL! It gives the eternal appearance of absolute freedom. Even tho it is just an illusory side effect. So consider how impossibly immense Existence is? It's impossible to know. It is infinity and eternity itself, to the point that it even surpasses God Source Consciousness.

And that is saying allot. If you were to get a tiny glimpse of God Source Consciousness, this entire universe would instantly desolve into nothing. Now consider something that is even more absolute than God Source Consciousness. The very thing that allows God Source Consciousness to exist. It is EXISTENCE ITSELF.

And again, since everything within existence is relative to Existence, and existence is relative to nothing and requires nothing to be existence as existence itself. It is always being Unique. And that is the highest Non-duality Knowledge. To understand that Uniqueness is not only unique, but it is literally the Only thing that exists. And then you can easily understand why nothing exists, because it cannot be known. How can you know that which is UNIQUE?! If you were able to know it, then it woulden't be unique. While AT THE SAME TIME, when you believe you know it, even your believe will be unique! So you can't even define the believe!

Therefor, in non-duality you cannot know or experience or learn. It is the realisation that consciousness doesn't exist and neither does self and neither does experience exist. It is just a mirage. Like an illusory side effect, as experience is, that gives you the appearance of knowing, experience, equivalence, duality, relativity, etc. But they are not real things. As there is only one real thing that exists. And that is existence itself, as I already mentioned.

And even so, we can still appreciate the illusion, potentially for all eternity. Even as duality consciousness.

And as I also mentioned, this does not mean that illusion/consciousness is without value. In absolute terms, yes. But Prime Duality lends its infinity from existence. And since existence is without limit, Prime Duality/Consciousness can also extend infinitely and eternally, and even exist beyond time and space, and even create infinite realities and universes. So does it really matter that it is not an absolute reality?

In a sense, if it tastes real, and it feels real, and it feels like freedom and it tastes like freedom, and it sounds like freedom and it looks like freedom. Then who cares if it is real or not? Well, someone like you or me might say, well... I don't care for the relative things. I want an absolute understanding of the absolute, AND THEN I will decide myself how much I wanna enjoy duality/relativity.

Well here you go I guess. Now you know the absolute, hopefully, and understand why it cannot be known. Because it is always being unlike anything else, without becoming.

But it is ofcourse always better if you ask a more specific question, so that I can focus more specifically upon the understanding you seek, and expand way more specifically upon that.

Last edited by Ewwerrin : 26-05-2024 at 01:04 AM.
Old 26-05-2024, 03:39 AM
Master

HITESH SHAH, I concur with what you have said, although on the other hand there is no place where infinity is not, thus we all exist even now in our human body in the midst of infinity. Infinity is everywhere.

I would say that we can not know infinity, or non-duality with our mind but we can know it in our heart at our core. It is my perception that we all came from infinity, we all came from non-duality, into this dualistic finite human existence.

We all know the absolute, not in a conceptual way with our mind, not with thought, but with the deeper presence of our being. A new born baby or infant knows non-duality, they radiate with their presence unconditional love, absolute innocence, and purity, without saying a word.

Infants feel and they may imagine but they do not think in distinguishable words until they learn the language of their parents or caregivers. We still have that presence of a new born baby within us today even though our physical body has grown into what we call an “adult,” and our minds have developed beyond that of a baby.

Many religious and spiritual teachings say “you must become as a child,” and I feel what they are talking about is a new born baby or a humble infant. I have experienced my inner child; it does not think, it feels like innocence, natural joy, and has a knowledge which transcends words and thoughts. We all know, we just can not know with our heads, in my opinion.
Old 26-05-2024, 08:59 AM
Knower

Quote:
I am trying to understand the subjects, the way you understand the subjects.
From the perspective of mind I understand pretty much just like the Advaitans understand, and there are as many relative understandings as there are religions and spiritual paths. It's the nature of mind. The important question is what knows that understanding? What knows mind? What are you aside from a package of flesh, bone and blood. That's what the teachings point to and what mind cannot comprehend. It has to be directly experienced. It IS being directly experienced 24x7 however we simply don't realize because mind is caught up in its narrative. It's "Story of Me".

If I had to pick one thing that most helped my understanding I'd have to say meditation and especially effortless meditation. That fertilized mind for the planting of the seeds of Advaita's teachings. Meditation lessens activation of the default mode network and that is where the "Story of Me" resides.

Who is the Witness of the Mind? https://youtu.be/XRmeL7UqE_g?list=PL...F2rGcUqIb4O F
Old 26-05-2024, 11:49 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
@
But non-duality has no such thing. Non-duality is the aspect of Existence that has no absolutely no and zero awareness of itself.

So where do you think non duality folk get their ideas from about the reality they now presently experience? (that's if their beliefs entertain and support that there is some-one present that can experience and have ideas).

I can understand the association made to non duality if we speak about beyond self and beyond mind. Beyond the world, beyond awareness that I am.

But things go a little astray when there is individual awareness again, where the world is present, where I am aware of that.

x daz x
Old 26-05-2024, 11:55 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Yes, even if a person has no Thought of "I Am", The person still has an internal sense or feeling of just being or existing. This sense or feeling of just being or existing (both physically and Non-physically), is what creates the thought "I am".

Well I suppose one has to be clear on if there is mind present or not. Feelings are mindful. So one can still transcend aspects of mind and still retain a sense of I am even if the world is absent.

If we were speaking about beyond mind where there is simply what you present there is no thought or feeling of I am present, or I am existing.

Some say there can be awareness of awareness but one would have to proclaim that what they are is awareness even if there is the knowing that what we are cannot be described.

Just more pointer's I am afraid in these instances.

x daz x
Old 26-05-2024, 12:34 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
All knowings and teachings believed to be true are irrelevant if there isn't a real individual present in the first place.
That's duality - many individuals all real in and of themselves. If that's your foundation then it's a dualistic foundation so nonduality wouldn't make sense.

Last edited by J_A_S_G : 26-05-2024 at 01:39 PM.
Old 26-05-2024, 05:29 PM
Master
Quote:
So where do you think ...
... e I am aware of that.
x daz x
@God-Like post #126

They don't exist. There is no self or other that owns anything or can get anything, so they don't get that idea. They also don't have free will, things just appear. And they don't even exist to own anything like free will.

Funny thing is, there is not even a difference between "them" and "us".
They would point at themselves and say "There is no one here." and then they would point at you, and say "There is no one there either."
Who is speaking? Nothing speaking.

They would say that everything is both real and unreal, but consciousness is the only thing that is 100% unreal.

The self can fall away, and there is no one there to experience anything. Things just appear to happen to no one. No purpose, meaning or intention.
Old 26-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Knower
An interesting way to understand identity and Awareness is to imagine Awareness as a flat sandy beach. If we draw circles here and there in the sand we create little circle identities in the sand, made of sand. Each circle appears separate from the other circles and seems to have its own identity. But really it is all sand.
Old 26-05-2024, 06:18 PM
Master
Quote:
You can have teachers teaching that no one is here and then charge their non existent student $100 for educating someone that isn't supposedly here.

But not to worry it's only dream stuff, so just go with it
Woa that is deep Master, here is my $100, sign me up asap!