Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-07-2012, 03:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
Maybe, but maybe you can do it in your own way without using the story? Does it deem like a bold move?
Well to tell you the truth, when i left Christianity that is when i started to have a deeper understanding of the scriptures, I wasn't influenced by others in the church, all they knew was what they have read and was told what to believe by the church, that to me isn't really that intelligent.

When I completely stop believing in anything, is when i disappeared into pure Consciousness, and there I realized my true inner SELF the Christ.
Old 18-07-2012, 03:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Paul knew about Jesus (according to the bible) because he was a Pharisee that persecuted Christians after Jesus died. From his writings it doesn't seem like he read the gospels (maybe they weren't out yet ), but was familiar with the idea that Jesus was born from a virgin, did great things, died on a cross and resurrected. He was knocked off his horse by Jesus who appeared to him on a journey and was actually blinded by him. If you read Paul's writings you can see he actually believed those stories about Jesus pretty strongly, that he was the Messiah.
Oh yes that is what is written, but i think it was all added to after the council of Nicaea, so as to make the scriptures flow, that is my realization of what happned.
Old 18-07-2012, 03:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Well to tell you the truth, when i left Christianity that is when i started to have a deeper understanding of the scriptures, I wasn't influenced by others in the church, all they knew was what they have read and was told what to believe by the church, that to me isn't really that intelligent.

When I completely stop believing in anything, is when i disappeared into pure Consciousness, and there I realized my true inner SELF the Christ.
You can believe whatever you want, I'm not saying anyone has to believe in any particular religion or any religion at all. All I'm saying is that most the New Testament was written by Paul and he wasn't talking about he Christ Consciousness that we know today. No one says you have to believe Paul, that's up to you whether to believe him or not. I don't believe him myself because seemed to have a pretty big complex if you read what he wrote.
Old 18-07-2012, 03:46 AM
Master
Quote:
You can believe whatever you want, I'm not saying anyone has to believe in any particular religion or any religion at all. All I'm saying is that most the New Testament was written by Paul and he wasn't talking about he Christ Consciousness that we know today. No one says you have to believe Paul, that's up to you whether to believe him or not. I don't believe him myself because seemed to have a pretty big complex if you read what he wrote.
Well i don't believe in anything so it doesn't bother me at all lol.
Old 18-07-2012, 03:48 AM
Master

Quote:
Oh yes that is what is written, but i think it was all added to after the council of Nicaea, so as to make the scriptures flow, that is my realization of what happned.
Since Paul's writing are agreed to be pretty valid by Christian and non-Christian scholars alike, I tend to believe that there was a guy named Paul that was writing the letters and meant what he said. Like I said, though, it's up to you to believe it or not, I think it's ok to think for ourselves rather than widely accepted beliefs. Fitting in and being a follower is easy. thinking differently not so much.
Old 18-07-2012, 03:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Since Paul's writing are agreed to be pretty valid by Christian and non-Christian scholars alike, I tend to believe that there was a guy named Paul that was writing the letters and meant what he said. Like I said, though, it's up to you to believe it or not, I think it's ok to think for ourselves rather than widely accepted beliefs. Fitting in and being a follower is easy. thinking differently not so much.
Then we agree, that's nice.
Old 18-07-2012, 03:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Well i don't believe in anything so it doesn't bother me at all lol.
You keep saying that but you've already talked about lots of beliefs already in the last few posts. Everyone has beliefs, what's wrong with that? Even the most non-conformist, care-free person in the world has beliefs.
Old 18-07-2012, 03:55 AM
Master
Quote:
You keep saying that but you've already talked about lots of beliefs already in the last few posts. Everyone has beliefs, what's wrong with that? Even the most non-conformist, care-free person in the world has beliefs.
I talk about anything, but it doesn't mean that I have to believe in it, what I say today may change tomorrow, that is how truth works, its ever flowing not stagnant like the scriptures.
Old 18-07-2012, 04:04 AM
Master

Quote:
I talk about anything, but it doesn't mean that I have to believe in it, what I say today may change tomorrow, that is how truth works, its ever flowing not stagnant like the scriptures.
That's a great attitude man! I think the same way, my beliefs can change to whatever and I'm not afraid of it. One day you can think who you are is the Christ Consciousness and the next day have a completely different idea. I could even go back to traditional Christianity, who cares?, it doesn't really matter if I'm getting better.
Old 18-07-2012, 04:08 AM
Master
Quote:
That's a great attitude man! I think the same way, my beliefs can change to whatever and I'm not afraid of it. One day you can think who you are is the Christ Consciousness and the next day have a completely different idea. I could even go back to traditional Christianity, who cares?, it doesn't really matter if I'm getting better.
Yes and that's a great attitude also, so it sounds like you and I are free, yea baby free lol.