Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 27-12-2021, 03:30 PM
Good time to remind everyone: Please quote only 2-3 sentences when quoting others. Thank you.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-12-2021, 03:51 PM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
If that's what it's all about for you, then I think there's a lot missing

Maybe.

with love,
sanjay
Old 27-12-2021, 04:09 PM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
you have claimed mediation builds concentration but isn't that the opposite of quieting the mind?

I did not say that meditation builds concentration but just the opposite. It is concentration what builds meditation. As i said there meditation is not meant for calming the mind. On the contrary, in the initial phase, meditation cannot give results without agitating the mind to its limits. This may sound strange to some but it is true. But yes, if calming the mind is the only purpose for anyone, then pushing the mind to its limits is not necessary. So, one has to decide what he/she wants, spiritual elevation of calming the mind and then to choose the way accordingly.

with love,
sanjay
Old 27-12-2021, 04:14 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinnat
I did not say that meditation builds concentration but just the opposite. It is concentration what builds meditation.
That depends on the context of meditation. If the context is practice then meditation certainly develops concentration and focus. If the context is state of being (meditative state) then that is facilitated by power of concentration, which in turn is developed through practice.
Old 27-12-2021, 04:22 PM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
I personally find through experience there is more to meditation than just concentrating, we are all different Zinnat

Yes, we all are different to some extent but still the same at the core because we all are humans. Being human, we all have some default and same mechanisms.

let me take an analogy to explain my point. Say, one wants to improve his/her heart's health. So, what should one do? The only way is to do some kind of cardio-vascular exercise. This will apply to all without any exception. But, there are many kinds of cardio-vascular exercises. Like one can do jogging, running, skipping, swimming or cycling. Although all these exercises are different but they all maintain heart health.

with love,
sanjay
Old 27-12-2021, 04:26 PM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I agree with zinnat's post 1131, made today.
Thanks.

with love,
sanjay
Old 27-12-2021, 04:45 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
As I have said before...you can think of distractions as you would

Why differentiate "Child" and "Viswa"??

Why not embrace the "beauty" of disturbance?? Why don't see the beauty in DEATH/destruction of 'experiences' or 'focus' gathered??

Why not joyful to Viswa, as joyful to baby, as joyful to kittens, as joyful in building up??

I'm ready to take up whomever distracts me.. I'm ready to pick you up too as like you pick up the child.. No differentiation from 0 to 100 years old age people.. No differentiation from Humans to Covid-19..

You??
Old 28-12-2021, 12:10 AM
Master
It's probably what Buddhists call samma samadhi or 'right concentration'... explaining it would probably make more noise and defeat the purpose knowing of what it is.
Old 28-12-2021, 03:41 AM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 1122 EXCERPT: That is an awesomely insightful post and is actually very consistent with my own practice but I wouldn't go so far as to say that it is "the only way out".

Thanks for acknowledgement. I use words like the only way out very carefully. not loosely. I say this when i am more than 100% sure of that thing. When i am not sure about anything , i do not hesitate saying i do not know, like i said about the state of the child during pregnancy some posts back. I know that i do not know all but i know what i know and also know what i do not know.

This was an excellent post and I would highly recommend it to others who are participating in this thread.

it took me decades to acquire the understanding which is necessary to write that post. That understanding demands both practical and theoretical knowledge of the issue. Only one kind of knowledge would never suffice. I am afraid to say that the most of the modern so called meditation teachers do not possess practical in person experience of the spirituality. All they have is bookish knowledge. I have seen it online. They cannot guide anybody in real sense.

You immediately understood what i meant by that post only because that NDE gave you first hand experience of the issue. NDE kind of experience can also be triggered by the meditation and unlike NDE it can be controlled. I can do it whenever i want but not immediately. I have to put some hard effort for 2-3 days then the momentum builds and when concentration reaches at sufficient level, it automatically triggers NDE Like experience but even after so many years of effort, i still cannot remain in that state for long and have to come back to the body as i become some kind of out of breath there. I do not know why. Both of NDE and OBE can happen only after the opening of the tenth gate. But yes, it can also be accidently triggered any time, as happened in your case.

with love,
sanjay

Last edited by zinnat : 28-12-2021 at 04:24 AM.
Old 28-12-2021, 03:45 AM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 1123 EXCERPT: Once again, I am always leery of the words "only one way".

Having said that, however, Pantanjali's Yoga Sutras most assuredly have concentration (Dharana - limb 6 of Asthanga Yoga) as a preliminary to meditation (Dhyana - limb 7).

That has been my practice as well though I won't go as far as to say that there is "only one way".

At least Patanjali is agreeing with me.
Believe me or not, it is the only way for sure.

with love,
sanjay