Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 27-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Topology

Since you're not enlightened yet, how do you know the advice you give to others is the right advice for them? Shouldn't you be waiting to give advice until after you've become enlightened and can see clearly?
Old 27-07-2011, 11:21 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
Since you're not enlightened yet, how do you know the advice you give to others is the right advice for them? Shouldn't you be waiting to give advice until after you've become enlightened and can see clearly?
The only personal advice I have given is to chakragal and that advice came from the I-Ching. It was not my own speculation.

Giving others philosophy does not require one to be enlightened. As long as that philosophy is based on sastra.
Old 27-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Verse 6.
Questions For All:
1) What does it mean to have a controlled mind?
2) What techniques do you or have you employed to control your mind?
Funny I would join in at Verse 6!!
I have become almost a master at mind control for the last 3 years.
I speak of it often.
That we must be a Sentry at our post 24/7.
If a sentry falls asleep what happens to those he is guarding/protecting? Disaster,death...or they are held captive.

Also I qoute Kenneth Hagan - Thoughts are like birds - you can't control them flying overhead, but you certainly have control to keep one from making a nest in your hair!

Techniques?
Easy...at the beginning as my head had not lifted from my pillow yet...and a thught od dread or fear would enter my mind and body --- I would smile raise a finger and say -"Oh, no you don't."

I said, "I've been down this path of yours (Mr. Mind or devil or lower ego self) and it leads nowhere -except to useless waste and destruction for me!!! Ha! I know your tricks - They don't call you a snake for nothing!"

Years later, the devil loses interest playing in a place he has
been booted out of so often and well.

But I see him playing tricks in others- using tools from his toolbox -- pride, self-righteousness (ego is all) within my spiritual buddies ----greed and thievery are not tools he can use on most pf us anymore - those are for the stupid and weak ---no the tricks of the mind are craftier as we become more "spiritually advanced". Ha!)

(I don't believe in the devil, but borrow the poetic image none-the-less. The Judeo-Christian paradgm leaves a long shadow!! )
Miss Hepburn

Quote:
" Engage your mind always in thinking of Me..."
Music to my ears.

He who keeps his mind stayed on me I will keep him in perfect peace. Ahh.
Isaiah 26:3

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-07-2011, 12:27 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Funny I would join in at Verse 6!!
That we must be a Sentry at our post 24/7.
If a sentry falls asleep what happens to those he is guarding/protecting? Disaster,death...or they are held captive.

Also I qoute Kenneth Hagan - Thoughts are like birds - you can't control them flying overhead, but you certainly have control to keep one from making a nest in your hair!
Nice analogies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Techniques?
Easy...at the beginning as my head had not lifted from my pillow yet...and a thught od dread or fear would enter my mind and body --- I would smile raise a finger and say -"Oh, no you don't."
You don't practice some form of meditation?
Old 27-07-2011, 05:47 PM
numerouno

A controlled mind curbs the senses, by controlled senses one can control his tongue and fast, chant, speak truthfully. His eye does not turn at the sight of beautiful woman etc.

To control my mind I remember that the paramatma (vishnu) is present in all.
Old 28-07-2011, 04:22 AM
chakragal

>> One aspect: Superficial emotions and trivial of this world rolls of one's shoulder. Focus is on path to know God and doing no harm to others which includes not reacting in kind even when people are mean.
>>working on it as my mind is far from controlled, so I can answer to what I am employing in aid of this: chanting. Trying to get up to the 40 minutes of Hare Krishna as recommended in earlier thread. I also am doing Hatha yoga-full 75 minute session once/week, about 20 minutes to 30 minutes a day at home. I also meditate when I go to bed and visualize the strengthening of my root chakra (my most undeveloped one that needs building). I also use crystals that correspond to the chakras, and as I'm at a beginning journey-ask the demigod Ganesh to help me remove obstacles so I may move forward, but knowing this isn't an insert a free token and presto-out comes the product-it requires my OWN commitment
Old 28-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching

You don't practice some form of meditation?

You and I are different, I would have said,
"Do you practice some form of meditation?"

Yes.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-07-2011, 08:19 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by numerouno
A controlled mind curbs the senses, by controlled senses one can control his tongue and fast, chant, speak truthfully. His eye does not turn at the sight of beautiful woman etc.

To control my mind I remember that the paramatma (vishnu) is present in all.
No chanting / meditation ?
Old 28-07-2011, 08:24 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakragal
>> One aspect: Superficial emotions and trivial of this world rolls of one's shoulder. Focus is on path to know God and doing no harm to others which includes not reacting in kind even when people are mean.
>>working on it as my mind is far from controlled, so I can answer to what I am employing in aid of this: chanting. Trying to get up to the 40 minutes of Hare Krishna as recommended in earlier thread. I also am doing Hatha yoga-full 75 minute session once/week, about 20 minutes to 30 minutes a day at home. I also meditate when I go to bed and visualize the strengthening of my root chakra (my most undeveloped one that needs building). I also use crystals that correspond to the chakras, and as I'm at a beginning journey-ask the demigod Ganesh to help me remove obstacles so I may move forward, but knowing this isn't an insert a free token and presto-out comes the product-it requires my OWN commitment

That's wonderful . I can see that you are serious about spiritual life.
Old 28-07-2011, 08:37 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Since you are not enlightened either how come you feel qualified to give Guidance to yourself?