Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-03-2023, 08:20 PM
Guide
I know I can't change my enemies, I know there's nothing I can do. I always choose peace over fighting with them or hating them.
Old 14-03-2023, 11:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
The Gospel….the Good News….from ACIM apparently(re the quote) is that sin does not exist….ergo there can be no victims of sin in our world….
how many people can verify the truth of this ?

i think that is absurd... the idea that i'm unblemished is just silly. Enough people have called me names that that seems to be the consensus in the outer world too...

i also think a lot of people are hurting... and for most of us, pretending we are not hurting does not stop the hurt that others send our way.

so forgiveness goes two ways... you have the opportunity to forgive others. But others have the opportunity to forgive you too. Most people conveniently don't believe that they are just as much a source of problems as anyone else so only the first of those gets any play.
Old 14-03-2023, 11:42 PM
Molearner

Sanity can be permissible…….😀😀
Old 15-03-2023, 02:27 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves

so forgiveness goes two ways... you have the opportunity to forgive others. But others have the opportunity to forgive you too. Most people conveniently don't believe that they are just as much a source of problems as anyone else so only the first of those gets any play.

FallingLeaves,

This is the part I should have replied to. You are absolutely correct that only one side of the forgiveness question gets any play. We see this all the time, people agonizing whether or not to forgive someone. Their egos simply cannot accept that they personally might need forgiveness…..that they have been less than loving. It is the wake up call that might be the exact thing that we need…..and, by the way, be a true asset for any genuine spiritual journey.
Old 15-03-2023, 02:14 PM
Molearner

In regards to forgiveness it is amazing how many congratulate themselves for practicing conditional forgiveness…..convincing themselves that they have done something admirable…….
Old 15-03-2023, 02:53 PM
Quote:
In regards to forgiveness it is amazing how many congratulate themselves for practicing
conditional forgiveness…..convincing themselves that they have done something admirable…….
I don't know what you're talking about exactly.
When a person is faced with many obstacles to overcome - if they overcome one - Yay!
What's the problem?

Also, I know many people that have shame and are very aware they would like to be forgiven.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-03-2023, 03:45 PM
Ascender
Almost always, I look for a way to understand the point of view of my supposed adversary, so that I can at least understand their reasoning. Maybe they see something I don't. I can't in every situation feel benevolent and kind. Sometimes I just do that to make life simpler.

However there are situations where some people just want total control and domination. They have no interest in working together for a win win, because they don't view me as on their level. Such people will reject anything less than total submission. At some point I have to say, I have done all I can and am getting no where. In such situations I see no choice but to keep those people at out of my life. To me they are like toddlers who've never graduated beyond the narcissistic phase of development.
Old 15-03-2023, 03:47 PM
Molearner

Conditional simply means I will forgive you only and IF you admit your guilt…..the same principle in regards to unconditional love…..whether one accepts or acknowledges your love is immaterial…..it is not given on the condition that you deem them to be worthy of love…any conditions you establish are simply bowing to your ego and your desire to sit in judgement….and, by the way, I do not view it as contingent on the guilty party requesting it….the power of prayer uses this same spiritual dynamic……people receive more prayers that they will never be aware of….
Old 15-03-2023, 04:00 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
Most people conveniently don't believe that they are just as much a source of problems as anyone else so only the first of those gets any play.

I take the position that the one who holds the most power has most to live up to.
Old 15-03-2023, 04:10 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Conditional simply means I will forgive you only and IF you admit your guilt…..the same principle in regards to unconditional love….

Our ability to function in the world is contingent on agreements. Broken agreements mean broken trust. Conditions are foundational to everything we do.