Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 17-05-2020, 07:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Talk about 'negative' stereotyping! There are many who, because they regard Life as real (i.e. not just a 'dream), do a lot to improve the (soul relevant!) situations and conditions of others, and there are a lot of people who lazily 'finesse' (miss oiut on?) the challenge and opportunity of helping others as psychospiritually growing themselves because the 'blow' the 'reality' of people's conditions (including their own, I dare say!) as being just a 'dream' of no significant meaning and consequence.

Not that 'just' being a musician isn't extremely positively psychospiritually functional (for oneself and others!), mind you!

I never said it wasn't a beautiful dream however and that possibility is what keeps people going. Unfortunately a-holeness has it's agents who proceed to turn what is undoubtedly a meaningful and beautiful dream into a nightmare.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 17-05-2020, 08:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
I never said it wasn't a beautiful dream however and that possibility is what keeps people going. Unfortunately a-holeness has it's agents who proceed to turn what is undoubtedly a meaningful and beautiful dream into a nightmare.
My 'point' in mentioning what I regarded as being 'negative' stereotyping of others was to share my 'dream' that your 'dream' was 'jaundiced'. Pertaining to the possibility that I am 'right' about his, from my book:
"If you aren’t aware of the attendant possibilities for negative ramification, you might simply expect our higher degree of Intelligence to be an unqualified blessing. However, the fact is, we each run the very real risk of sinking and drowning in a psychospiritual hell of our own making until we learn to float and swim in the boundless flow of consciousness that results from our developing to the point where we partake of ‘the fruit of the tree of knowledge’."
Old 19-05-2020, 08:09 AM
Master

Quote:
My 'point' in mentioning what I regarded as being 'negative' stereotyping of others was to share my 'dream' that your 'dream' was 'jaundiced'. Pertaining to the possibility that I am 'right' about his, from my book:
"If you aren’t aware of the attendant possibilities for negative ramification, you might simply expect our higher degree of Intelligence to be an unqualified blessing. However, the fact is, we each run the very real risk of sinking and drowning in a psychospiritual hell of our own making until we learn to float and swim in the boundless flow of consciousness that results from our developing to the point where we partake of ‘the fruit of the tree of knowledge’."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGyQmH9NZcw

Is it a kind of a dream
Floating out on the tide
Following the river of death downstream
Oh, is it a dream?
There's a fog along the horizon
A strange glow in the sky
And nobody seems to know where it goes
And what does it mean?
Oh, is it a dream?
Bright eyes, burning like fire
Bright eyes, how can you close and fail?
How can the light that burned so brightly
Suddenly burn so pale?
Bright eyes
Is it a kind of a shadow
Reaching into the night
Wandering over the hills unseen
Or is it a dream?
There's a high wind in the trees
A cold sound in the air
And nobody ever knows when you go
And where do you start?
Oh, into the dark
Bright eyes,…

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 19-05-2020, 12:09 PM
Master
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGyQmH9NZcw

Is it a kind of a dream
Floating out on the tide
Oh, is it a dream?
And what does it mean?
Oh, is it a dream?
Suddenly burn so pale?
Bright eyes
Is it a kind of a shadow
Reaching into the night
Or is it a dream?
A cold sound in the air
And where do you start?
Oh, into the dark
Bright eyes,…

That's a very beautiful thought-provoking post.

Are you aware that the Tibetan yogi, Milarepa, did a lot of dream-work? He realized that, eventually, he was able to do everything in the waking state (the Cosmic Dream ) that he could do in a lucid dream.

The Hermetic Principle is "As above, so below". The implications are mind-boggling.

Once again, thanks for sharing !
Old 19-05-2020, 02:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Is it a kind of a dream
Floating out on the tide
Oh, is it a dream?
And what does it mean?
Oh, is it a dream?
Suddenly burn so pale?
Bright eyes
Is it a kind of a shadow
Reaching into the night
Or is it a dream?
A cold sound in the air
And where do you start?
Oh, into the dark
Bright eyes,…
Beautifully wonder-full poem!
Old 19-05-2020, 03:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
That's a very beautiful thought-provoking post.

Are you aware that the Tibetan yogi, Milarepa, did a lot of dream-work? He realized that, eventually, he was able to do everything in the waking state (the Cosmic Dream ) that he could do in a lucid dream.

The Hermetic Principle is "As above, so below". The implications are mind-boggling.

Once again, thanks for sharing !

Yes I came across Milarepa's dream yoga along the way but haven't studied it intensively at all. Thank you for sharing. I'm sure i've read snippets of his wisdom along the way, dotted in different books. Thank you for your inspiration and of course ive heard it said that the veil between worlds is thin. At certain times, in certain places and with certain people too the veil become diaphanous so as to give us a glimpse. Often the glimpse is through tears and the opening of the heart seems to happen when tears of compassion are present. This song has always suggested to me the beauty that is behind the veil and perhaps the beautiful struggle for life that we all show here. Bless and thank you once more for your affirming post.

and so it is with the beautiful words and melody of that song suggesting as it does the breaking down if you like, the melting or the merging of worlds

Old 19-05-2020, 03:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Beautifully wonder-full poem!

It is indeed David Quite wonderful.

Old 20-05-2020, 11:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes I came across Milarepa's dream yoga along the way but haven't studied it intensively at all. Thank you for sharing. I'm sure i've read snippets of his wisdom along the way, dotted in different books. Thank you for your inspiration and of course ive heard it said that the veil between worlds is thin. At certain times, in certain places and with certain people too the veil become diaphanous so as to give us a glimpse. Often the glimpse is through tears and the opening of the heart seems to happen when tears of compassion are present. This song has always suggested to me the beauty that is behind the veil and perhaps the beautiful struggle for life that we all show here. Bless and thank you once more for your affirming post.

and so it is with the beautiful words and melody of that song suggesting as it does the breaking down if you like, the melting or the merging of worlds

I found the biography of Milarepa by his disciple Rechung to be very illuminating. It's a very good read. My "conscious sleep" "dream yoga" was inspired by Tibetan Buddhism though it is obviously described in other traditions as well.

I agree that the "veil between the worlds is thin" and one can pierce that veil in "utter emptiness and complete silence (including mental activity)" as per the Taoist masters and others. I was fortunate to have spent time with a Taoist master in Chengdu China in which all communication was done in silence which eliminates the inadequacy of words. Similarly, telepathically, communication with the spirit worlds can also be established as the veil between the worlds is indeed very thin.
Old 20-05-2020, 11:42 AM
Deactivated Account
I wouldn't give a baboon's buttocks if it really was just a dream somehow. But the fact that it seems more like a nightmare kinda bothers me.
Old 24-05-2020, 07:12 PM
Master
Does the idea that 'this place' is a Dream upset you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I wouldn't give a baboon's buttocks if it really was just a dream somehow. But the fact that it seems more like a nightmare kinda bothers me.

SlayerOfLight

... It's been awhile since I had the pleasure of corresponding with "thee, thyself, and thy"!

Since then I think I have found some information that explains why the answer to the OP's question can be both dream and nightmare, baboon's buttocks notwithstanding.

.... I also hope this helps answer your signature message's assertion that "we just get what we get".

Understanding this, and the reference it came from, changed my life into the dream it is today. Perhaps it can help you as well.

Blessings to "thee, thyself, and thy!"

...and perhaps even to sharing some beers over our respective stories, someday...(with all of you)

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...9&postcount=79
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 24-05-2020 at 08:45 PM. Reason: clarify input