Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Master
Juanita:
Quote:
there may or may not have been a historical figure named Jesus, but I certainly don't believe the stories that were written about him so many years later....

Yes, this is a repeated statement among the disaffected, but, no attention or satisfactory explanation is given to the prophecies, such as I cited, which are rather detailed, and beginning from back to the Book of Genesis, and continue through the many ages of scripture.

Meanwhile, they continue to unfold, presently.
Quote:
And as far as the NDE's that you refer to; there countless other NDE's that do not have a Christian slant at all... Other than that, most spiritual people know that this world we live in isn't the ultimate reality...
Mind? Gee, interesting you brought that up about the NDE accounts. ?
Your bias is showing.
When you cite, "Christian", you are referring to Judeo Christianity? True?

I was referring to the many statements, however, regarding, "time", and the alteration, and absence of it, by Experiencers...
Glad you are having a good, "time", though, ignoring the facts.
Interesting to observe.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"From The Book of Daniel" written, around, 587-530 B.C.

Daniel 7:13,14 -
"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven.
He approached the Ancient of Days.
14And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed"

Also, King David, in Psalms 110 -
"The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool."
(David lived between, 1040 - 970, B.C.)

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 15-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Meanwhile, they continue to unfold, presently.Mind? Gee, interesting you brought that up about the NDE accounts. ?
Your bias is showing.
When you cite, "Christian", you are referring to Judeo Christianity? True?

I was referring to the many statements, however, regarding, "time", and the alteration, and absence of it, by Experiencers...
Glad you are having a good, "time", though, ignoring the facts.
Interesting to observe.

It's what I do best... thankee
Old 15-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-word
What a pity that the Satanic lying tricksters of the world, have turned you against the holy word of God, it's obvious that your faith was just not strong enough to endue their onslaught.

He got me partner... Now I'm all disaffected and what not.
Old 15-06-2012, 03:59 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Keith
@S-Word: I might have lost a thread of the conversation somewhere... what was the point for the above information?

Good question Rev. Keith, I was wondering the same thing.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 15-06-2012, 04:12 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
He got me partner... Now I'm all disaffected and what not.
There isn't anybody out there tricking us, we're doing it to ourselves. They say the light shines in the darkness, to me realizing there's no one to blame but me is the light.
Old 15-06-2012, 09:28 AM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Keith
@S-Word: I might have lost a thread of the conversation somewhere... what was the point for the above information?

Mind Eye made this comment: "the evil, wicked world brainwashed me against the Bible with its satanic lies and trickery."

I simply took the pains to reveal to him that the Manna that has come down to us from heaven is not to blame for his conundrum, but that it is the vile yeast that has been added to God's word, "the santanic lies and trickery," of the authorities of the church to which he was want to attend, which has twisted his poor mind, and brain washed him into believing that the false doctrines that he was bomb barded with, were actually recorded in God's word.

And seeing as his opening words in post #1 were, "How is it that there are other cultures predating Christianity who have had; The Son of God being born of a virgin on the earth?" I thought that I might as well begin with the Satanic lie of the virgin birth.
Old 15-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
There isn't anybody out there tricking us, we're doing it to ourselves. They say the light shines in the darkness, to me realizing there's no one to blame but me is the light.

I agree Seawolf, to me Satan is right up there with the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. It's all too easy to blame some invisible force for the problems of the world rather than to stand up and take responsibility for ourselves.
Old 15-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
I thought that I might as well begin with the Satanic lie of the virgin birth.

I've heard all that before as well... I spent many years studying every aspect of the Christian faith when I was active in it. The problem you face here is that I could provide you with a whole list of reputable scholars who could refute the young unmarried woman translation of Isaiah.

One of the big problems with Christianity is that is a divided religion; everyone has a different belief and a different explanation of things. It lacks cohesiveness as a belief system and everyone contradicts everybody else. Even Islam is more unified than Christianity.

As human beings, we tend to walk away from situations where there is so much confusion and stories being thrown around. I think this is why Christianity is suffering and in decline; It cannot really establish what it believes or find unity. For every piece of evidence that someone provides to back up their claims, five other people rise up with evidence that can refute what the first guy said... This should be key in showing us that Christianity had a broad base of beliefs and practices in its beginnings and was not the dogmatic unified religion we have been told it was. So in a sense, everyone is right because their evidence shows the diversity of the religion when it started out. And if you doubt that there were various forms of Christianity before Rome invaded the religion and made it what it is today... then it is you who are disaffected towards the truth of reality.
Old 15-06-2012, 12:54 PM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
I've heard all that before as well... I spent many years studying every aspect of the Christian faith when I was active in it. The problem you face here is that I could provide you with a whole list of reputable scholars who could refute the young unmarried woman translation of Isaiah.

One of the big problems with Christianity is that is a divided religion; everyone has a different belief and a different explanation of things. It lacks cohesiveness as a belief system and everyone contradicts everybody else. Even Islam is more unified than Christianity.

As human beings, we tend to walk away from situations where there is so much confusion and stories being thrown around. I think this is why Christianity is suffering and in decline; It cannot really establish what it believes or find unity. For every piece of evidence that someone provides to back up their claims, five other people rise up with evidence that can refute what the first guy said... This should be key in showing us that Christianity had a broad base of beliefs and practices in its beginnings and was not the dogmatic unified religion we have been told it was. So in a sense, everyone is right because their evidence shows the diversity of the religion when it started out. And if you doubt that there were various forms of Christianity before Rome invaded the religion and made it what it is today... then it is you who are disaffected towards the truth of reality.

[quote=Mind's Eye].......One of the big problems with Christianity is that is a divided religion; everyone has a different belief and a different explanation of things. It lacks cohesiveness as a belief system and everyone contradicts everybody else. Even Islam is more unified than Christianity.

[S-word's Response]....Yes! I totally agree. What a pity that the Satanic lying tricksters of the world, have turned so many, who once called themselves christians, against the holy word of God, it's obvious that their faith was just not strong enough to withstand their onslaught.

[quote=Mind's Eye]........I've heard all that before as well... I spent many years studying every aspect of the Christian faith when I was active in it. The problem you face here is that I could provide you with a whole list of reputable scholars who could refute the young unmarried woman translation of Isaiah.

But isn't that the very reason why forums such as this have been created? Surely it was in order that we could present our differing beliefs so that if not we, at least others can make a judgment as to which belief is correct and which should be rejected?

So I invite you now to bring forth the giant among your professed reputable scholars and we will see if he cannot be brought down by the word of God.
Old 15-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
So I invite you now to bring forth the giant among your professed reputable scholars and we will see if he cannot be brought down by the word of God.

But laying out lists of Bible passages is hardly evidence that will bring something down. Maybe it does if you believe it can... I've seen people present historical or scientific fact that refuted some Biblical claim, and then the Christians come along and try to debunk the concrete facts and findings with Bible verses???????

That hardly makes sense to me, and is a waist of my time and energy to spend time looking up facts so that you can answer them by posting a quote from Daniel, Isaiah or Luke.... Sorry friend, no takers here.