Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 29-10-2010, 07:46 AM
Greenslade

Now then, can someone please explain something to me?

We are all supposed to be Light, Of The Light, Beings of the Light..... you get the idea. It's not until you split Light up as in point it at a prism that you can see the different colours. Doesn't that colour include Indigo? Isn't Light made up of every colour of the spectrum?

And, Spirituality should be one of Unity not Separation, yes?

So, what's the problem here?
Old 29-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Stormweaver

In asia you never hear of these indigo, or whatever colour.
It was the cane that came out to deal with naughty little ones.
So no child had ADD or ADHD or ACDC. Just smack them, was one of the easist ways to teach them.

And smacking children is a no no ! Please dont do it. It hurts !
Send them to the naughty corner, works like wonders !

Namaste _/\_
Old 29-10-2010, 02:15 PM
LightFilledHeart

In my view it's best to remember as Lad says that everyone has his or her own truth, and it may not agree with that of another. That is why making bold affirmations such as "Indigo children do not exist" withOUT qualifying it with "IMO" is counter-productive. A friend of mine has a lovely quote at the end of her posts that sort of sums up forum (or any OTHER, forth matter! ) etiquette. It goes "Truth is One... Paths are Many". That sort of keeps things in perspective for me We're all adults here. We can agree to disagree. It's only when one is unsure of one's position that someone holding an opinion or point of view that differs from their own becomes a threat to them.

[And that's MY opinion, for what it's worth ]
Old 29-10-2010, 02:20 PM
LightFilledHeart

Lad, may I ask the significance of your avatar... the A in the circle? Am I viewing it correctly? As one affiliated with the Ashtar Command, I was curious if it had any reference to that
Old 29-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Serenity Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Now then, can someone please explain something to me?

We are all supposed to be Light, Of The Light, Beings of the Light..... you get the idea. It's not until you split Light up as in point it at a prism that you can see the different colours. Doesn't that colour include Indigo? Isn't Light made up of every colour of the spectrum?

And, Spirituality should be one of Unity not Separation, yes?

So, what's the problem here?

Indigo is part of the colour spectrum (the electro magnetic spectrum is the full term). The colours are Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet. They correlate to the chakras, the auric field, musical notes and many other areas.

When I asked my guides about the children they pointed out that there are/were those that match each colour of the spectrum and they arrive at certain times in the Earths history to do certain types of work. The Reds came in about 1920-30s and so on through, Im a Blue and was born in the 60s and so on.
Old 29-10-2010, 04:56 PM
mahakali

Lad, may I ask the significance of your avatar...
I think it means anarchy.

Recap: the thread started off by saying that A.D.D. is not a gift and i disagreed. for me, after my horrible childhood, My A.D.D. turned into a gift. I do not know much about indigo's, but i do know that Im claircognizant and have dealt with healing first hand, AP seems to think im mistaken. she doesn't believe in anything that would support the new age or metaphysics.

people are saying that in Asia they do not have indigo or a.d.d. children, this may be because the parents just ignore problems and push there kids till they become functional well this is copied from wiki:

''Geographically, children in North America appear to have a higher rate of ADHD than children in Africa and the Middle East,[188] well published studies have found rates of ADHD as low as 2% and as high as 14% among school aged children.[189] The rates of diagnosis and treatment of ADHD are also much higher on the East Coast of the USA than on the West Coast.Rates of ADHD diagnosis and treatment have increased in both the UK and the USA since the 1970s. In the UK an estimated 0.5 per 1,000 children had ADHD in the 1970s''

the darker green means more kids with A.D.D. in these states. you can see Georgia's all lit up lol. anyways, i just put this here for yall to think about, im not claiming that A.D.D. kids are all indigo kids. really im just making for a good conversation.

Last edited by mahakali : 29-10-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 29-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyingPony
No, I think that's just because I'm kind of an argumentative jerk.

The only way to be an "argumentative jerk" is to argue for the purposes of venting latent or repressed hostility or frustration or to compensate for lack of personal conviction by creating the impression of a legitimate perspective through the diminishment of opposing ones -- surely not behaviors that someone who "changes their views and ideas as new information is presented" would ever indulge in.

Last edited by radareyes : 29-10-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 29-10-2010, 10:59 PM
AnnoyingPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxheatherxx
You began the thread with 'indigo children do not exist'...it is a label I would myself contest. But youve actually used the umbrella term in exactly the same way that its supporters use it - that is by clumping a whole lot of other words beneath it, like gifted and psychic and auras, and making an over generalised claim that treats every aspect as being exactly the same thing. As I say, giftedness is used as a medical diagnosis in child development - what Im trying to put across to you, is that if you really want to pursue your beliefs, you need to take the time to research the individual aspects that come under the label of indigo....and find out the spectrum of interpretation people give to words such as psychic, gifted etc.

I think that gifted children definitely exist. Their development is prodigious in one or more areas (for me, it's foreign languages), while their progress in other areas may fall short (as you mentioned). These are measurable, specific traits.

But the aspects that fall under "indigo" are so vague as to really not mean anything measurable, or made to sound attractive to people who like to think they're special. After all, who doesn't want to be a healing savior of the earth with a pretty aura?

Quote:
Now James Randi is a magician, his trade is deception and tricks of the mind. What he has done in the creation of his competition, is used the same psychological tricks as the paranormal industry use, to sell a counter scam. I have the utmost respect for his work, it is a very well designed trick to the ego...and scientifically it could (if studied) show the manipulation of the social mind used by sellers of everything from the indigo phenomenon to face cream.

James Randi was a magician. He went into the debunking profession because he was bothered by the fact that people actually believed that his shows were evidence of supernatural powers. The thing is, his trials are actually scientific ones, in some cases complete with actual scientists to verify claims. Or just epic win.

Quote:
Another assumption, but less harmful this time, is that my son is shy...he just acts differently to the expected social 'norm'...and perhaps takes more time to come to understand. I think what comes across in your opinions from indigo phenomenon to individual idiosyncrasies, is that youre a little too quick in jumping to conclusions about what others think or mean. This is something you could perhaps work on.

Thank you for being up front about my apparent flaws. My mom tells me that real friends "will point out when you've got something stuck in your teeth".
Old 29-10-2010, 11:03 PM
AnnoyingPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormweaver
In asia you never hear of these indigo, or whatever colour.
It was the cane that came out to deal with naughty little ones.
So no child had ADD or ADHD or ACDC. Just smack them, was one of the easist ways to teach them.

And smacking children is a no no ! Please dont do it. It hurts !
Send them to the naughty corner, works like wonders !

Namaste _/\_

In Japan, the colors blue and green were called by the same word (ao). :P

Parents who spank their children are guilty of abuse, IMO.
Old 29-10-2010, 11:04 PM
AnnoyingPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Bear
Indigo is part of the colour spectrum (the electro magnetic spectrum is the full term). The colours are Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet. They correlate to the chakras, the auric field, musical notes and many other areas.

When I asked my guides about the children they pointed out that there are/were those that match each colour of the spectrum and they arrive at certain times in the Earths history to do certain types of work. The Reds came in about 1920-30s and so on through, Im a Blue and was born in the 60s and so on.

I thought there was a huge anti-Communist hysteria in the 1920s. (jk)