Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 26-05-2022, 08:28 AM
Master
"Bruised" starring Halle Berry is a masterpiece. Must watch.
Old 26-05-2022, 11:50 PM
Master
Ok I’m onto that for our Friday night binge Gem.

I’ll let you know how it went.
Old 27-05-2022, 06:37 AM
Master
I watched an Australian movie called 'The Nightingale'... which was really brutal and very hard to watch, but I think it was completely realistic for Colonial Tasmania - one of the cruelest places and times in human history. Despite being heartbreakingly tragic, it is a beautiful story that takes a journey deep into friendship and real love forming, and as the name of the film suggests, birds are symbolic expressions of the human spirit, the spirit of Country and the totems of a people. The symbol of sun, sea and distance is also masterful. 'The Nightingale' is both shocking and amazing! I'd rate it as a masterpiece.
Old 02-06-2022, 10:31 AM
Master
We started watching the nightingale and that opening rape scene was a bit too confronting and hard to watch. I get a sense by your description if you can push through those markers it’s a wonderful movie. I’m sitting here thinking I’d like to watch it, but wondering how much brutality on from that scene at the beginning, you might have to endure?

My partner couldn’t stay in the room with that first scene. So I turned it off for him.
Old 03-06-2022, 12:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
wondering how much brutality on from that scene at the beginning, you might have to endure?
It's a really brutal film, but also an uplifting story, and the ending is sublime.
Old 03-06-2022, 03:46 AM
Master
I ended up pushing through the brutality parts yesterday. Shockingly traumatic.. I have about half hr to watch.

It really is amazing in so many ways. I’ll be watching the end later today

Her anger and rage acting part was a masterful piece of acting. I kept thinking how on earth does she manage to act that part so real like..
Old 03-06-2022, 07:40 AM
Master

I watched Nightingale a few weeks ago.

I had to push "next" through some of the scenes.
Old 05-06-2022, 07:48 AM
Master
I finally finished watching The Nightingale. I’m glad I pushed through, it really turned into an inspiring ending.

I heard when it came out in 2018, a number of people walked out, at the premier. I believe the same thing happened at a European film festival as well. Not surprising that people would have strong feelings arise,with the shocking brutality
Old 07-06-2022, 01:55 AM
Master
It's amazing that we watch a lot of extremely violent movies which have no impact on us because it's so fake, but when a film manages to represent the true horror of the world, we can't bear it. The movie was also realism in the way it told about the friendship of the protagonists, with both its closeness and its distance... and the beach scene at the end somehow captured everything. I don't know how an ending can be happy and devastating at the same time, but the movie nailed it, and the whole film mixed opposites like defeat and victory, justice and injustice etc. and left us with no resolution as if to simply say that's what life is like... Our heroine is not resolved, the difficulty and struggle, truimph and defeat, the scream and the song, justice and injustice, love and loss, brutality and tenderness... there's no winner... there's no 'justice is served in the end' like a typical American hero movie. Even though revenge is sweet, with our heroine, the sun simply rises and she lives another day - lonely, uncertain and nothing on the horizon.

Last edited by Gem : 07-06-2022 at 06:36 AM.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:27 AM
Master
So beautifully articulated Gem.

You nailed it ..