Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-11-2019, 11:32 PM
Master
Duplicate post

Last edited by davidsun : 03-11-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
'The little voice in my head told me to stop and take a few more casts about 50' from shore. On the second cast I caught the biggest bass of my life and by a huge margin! ... I was a very avid angler, and I say 'was' because I'm certain I can no longer fish, even though I was almost exclusively catch & release.
You clearly haven't been 'seduced', Guy. This is for others:

https://www.esotericlaw.com/the-dang...ic-powers.html
Old 02-11-2019, 11:52 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
You clearly haven't been 'seduced', Guy. This is for others:

https://www.esotericlaw.com/the-dang...ic-powers.html

No worries, I didn't take it that way.

That incident with the bass was way back when my practice was purely secular in nature. I've always had a lot of small intuitive incidents like that and for the most part wrote them off as coincidence.

Now that it's spiritual I'm not interested in Siddhis or Psychic Powers, and the experiences I did have a month ago came out of the blue and unbidden. And yeah, I agree pursuit of such things is a distraction. I'm quite happy and enjoying where I'm currently at and if this is all there is it's more than enough for the rest of my life and I'm grateful beyond words.

By the way, interesting site but I'll probably leave it be to avoid any temptations. LOL!
Old 03-11-2019, 06:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Not really, because consciousness isn't linear and it doesn't understand per se, it just becomes conscious of. It's the mind that thinks in linear terms. Similarly with "spherical," that's an understanding of the mind because the mind thinks in pictures or diagrams. Understanding and paradoxes come from the brain/mind, they're cognition rather than consciousness. Paradoxes happen in binary thinking when there is 'this' and there is 'that', and one should cancel the other out. This is what's known as cognitive dissonance and it's a cognitive dysfunction.

The pre-Taoist Alchemists called it Triplex Unity where there is 'this', there is 'that' and there is 'both'. The 'results' of a dichotomy if you like. The best visualisation is the Vesica Pisces and the overlap where 'this' and 'that' produce 'both'.

Spherical means you come back to the beginning, spiral (like climbing a mountain) means you go around and upwards and once in a while you don't come back to Square One but you're above it, so you can gain new truths from a different perspective. In the 'this' of linear and 'that' of spherical comes the 'both' of spiral.
Nice analysis, summary there Greenslade.
Mulling over it.
Don’t really know where I am even going with this ……
Perhaps it is there somewhere …. Perhaps not …..

Left hemisphere as in …. operation in explored territory becomes linearorder, which can lead to tyranny.
Right hemisphere as in ….. operation in unexplored territory becomes holistic/spatial – which can lead to getting lost in chaos.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJqmxLiUQAI_9lV.jpg

The 2 wings of Spiritual Path ….. Knowledge and Intuition (which starts to look like left and right hemispheres and Vesica-Piscis) :
https://media.gettyimages.com/vector...or-id504587598

Even if the inspiration or intent to enter into spiritual path seems linear (from sinner to Christlike, from confused to Awakened) ….. still, in practice imo. the path is more like “Circumambulation”:
Quote:
I began to understand that the goal of psychic development is the self.

There is no linear evolution; there is only a circumambulation of the self.

Uniform development exists, at most, at the beginning; later, everything points toward the centre.

This insight gave me stability, and gradually my inner peace returned.

C.G. Jung
Memories, Dreams, Reflections

http://jungcurrents.com/jung-chartres-mandala

Quote:
Consciousness encompasses.
In my mother tongue “to understand” literally means “to encompass” (comes from the verb “to surround, to encircle”).

Old 03-11-2019, 10:40 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Nice analysis, summary there Greenslade.
Mulling over it.
Don’t really know where I am even going with this ……
Perhaps it is there somewhere …. Perhaps not …..
Thank you.
Does it matter where it goes?

"For me, there is only the travelling on the Paths that have a heart, on any Path that may have heart.
For there I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge for me is to traverse its full length..... Looking, loking, breathlessly."
Carlos Castadena
The Teachings of don Juan

Quote:
Left hemisphere as in …. operation in explored territory becomes linearorder, which can lead to tyranny.
Right hemisphere as in ….. operation in unexplored territory becomes holistic/spatial – which can lead to getting lost in chaos.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DJqmxLiUQAI_9lV.jpg
Out of chaos always comes order, out of order always comes chaos because order is entropic.

Quote:
The 2 wings of Spiritual Path ….. Knowledge and Intuition (which starts to look like left and right hemispheres and Vesica-Piscis) :
https://media.gettyimages.com/vectors/sacred-geometry-vesica-piscis-icon-on-a-galactic-background-vector-id504587598
Knowledge is both hemispheres of the brain, which is what Eckhart Tolle might call "object consciousness." Knowledge itself is an 'object', or of form because knowledge is electrical and chemical processes.

Intuition, instinct, Gnosis - are what Tolle would call "space consciousness," which is the energy or knowing (not knowledge, not understanding) that flows through us all.

Quote:
Even if the inspiration or intent to enter into spiritual path seems linear (from sinner to Christlike, from confused to Awakened) ….. still, in practice imo. the path is more like “Circumambulation”:
There comes a time when the 'Spiritual' Path becomes meaningless, because 'Spiritual' is a definition of the mind. All is Spirit therefore all is Spiritual and from that perspective the term becomes divisive, not inclusive. Linearity is a word the dominant mind uses, and going from 'sinner' to Christ-like is backwards. We came from Spirit, and in Spirit we are everything that's projected onto Spirit. Going from 'sinner' to Christ-like is a placebo for the Spiritual Aspirant.
It is a Journey to Self.

Quote:
In my mother tongue “to understand” literally means “to encompass” (comes from the verb “to surround, to encircle”).

Ah OK, a slightly different interpretation/definition. It becomes interesting when you become conscious of what you are conscious of, and humbling that you are not conscious of what you are not conscious of.
Old 04-11-2019, 02:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Does it matter where it goes?
On one hand - not really, no.
But then again ... on the other hand - it does, yes.
Depends.

Quote:
"For me, there is only the travelling on the Paths that have a heart, on any Path that may have heart.
For there I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge for me is to traverse its full length..... Looking, loking, breathlessly."
Carlos Castadena
The Teachings of don Juan

It has been a looooooong time since I read Castaneda, so a lot of it has gone into ‘the land of forgetfulness’, but I consider myself a bitava ‘Castaneda veteran’.

Perhaps being culturally conditioned to look for and listen to ‘the collective heart of the ‘isness’ & that notion might sound a bit impersonal, but on a personal level that shared heart does find a soft spot.
Like ImthatIm says: “The merging Heart knows no bounds”.

Quote:
Out of chaos always comes order, out of order always comes chaos because order is entropic.

Are you talking about Prigogine and his hypothesis that “order emerges not in spite of chaos but because of it, that evolution and growth are the inevitable product of open (energy) systems slipping into temporary chaos and then reorganizing at the higher levels of complexity and higher levels of functioning” ….. ?

So what does dissipating entropy mean? To be able to function according to the new level of complexity? If not – round and round one goes on the path of 'Circumambulation' (the mountain) to adjust the “New World Order”? But once one has managed to hold onto the truth and act accordingly from different relative reference points around the circle …. You are ready for the next level on the spiral (?).

Quote:
Spherical means you come back to the beginning, spiral (like climbing a mountain) means you go around and upwards and once in a while you don't come back to Square One but you're above it, so you can gain new truths from a different perspective. In the 'this' of linear and 'that' of spherical comes the 'both' of spiral.

Quote:
Knowledge is both hemispheres of the brain, which is what Eckhart Tolle might call "object consciousness." Knowledge itself is an 'object', or of form because knowledge is electrical and chemical processes.

Here again I come across a cultural boundary, that throws me a bit into ‘the land of confusion’.
I have seen it, observed it with curiosity, witnessed it happening, yet I still can’t really grasp what an “object consciousness” as “knowledge” is!

Perhaps I should start to stalk it eh. – to learn it’s ways in the world – which in my mother tongue means “knowledge” = “the way of …. something”.

Quote:
Intuition, instinct, Gnosis - are what Tolle would call "space consciousness," which is the energy or knowing (not knowledge, not understanding) that flows through us all.

This is clear. It is energy, energetic way of knowing without even knowing how you know.

Quote:
There comes a time when the 'Spiritual' Path becomes meaningless, because 'Spiritual' is a definition of the mind. All is Spirit therefore all is Spiritual and from that perspective the term becomes divisive, not inclusive. Linearity is a word the dominant mind uses, and going from 'sinner' to Christ-like is backwards. We came from Spirit, and in Spirit we are everything that's projected onto Spirit. Going from 'sinner' to Christ-like is a placebo for the Spiritual Aspirant.
It is a Journey to Self.

Got no argument from me there.

Thanks for you post Greenslade.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:20 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
I'm not sure what a "merging heart" is, however, I am sure that heart is related to emotion ergo body ergo biological/soul

And we now that these latter are finite, not infinite ergo not boundless and in fact are seemingly bound by a finite set of cosmic laws/principles.

There exists only to kinds of infinite{ boundless } this or that;

1} macro-infinite, non-occupied space, that, embraces/surrounds our finite, occupied space Universe,

2} metaphysical-1 mind/intellect/concepts ex concept of an infinite set of numbers.

An infinite{ boundless } set of numbers of course do not exist on a piece of paper or on Earth the moon the galaxy or Universe, because concept of infinite{ boundless } is not a occupied space, it is a concept just a concept of space is not an actual Space.

For those who still cannot grasp these rational logical concepts and need more enlightenment I offer this video to help understand via a times table and a circle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhbuKbxJsk8

..."The good old times tables lead a very exciting secret life involving the infamous Mandelbrot set, the ubiquitous cardioid and a myriad of hidden beautiful patterns. Time for the Mathologer to go on a serious fact-finding mission."....

.............Space( Time *) i (* Time )Space...........

....-----arrow-of-Time's----> frequency of axi -----/\/\/\/\/---->

What I said (The merging Heart knows no bounds) is more poetic then fact.
Maybe this sacred symbol will help you.
+
Old 04-11-2019, 01:59 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color ................Space( Time *) i (* Time )Space..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Maybe this sacred symbol will help you.
+

If that is a Christian cross, then no it does not help me.

If it is two lines/chords/vectors at oriented at 90 degrees to each other, then I can identify with that as precession and referenecd to;

the 3 sets of 90 degree orientation of the tetra{4}hedrons 6 chords, ergo,

man and woman at 90 degrees to each other, and,

the abstract great circles of 6 tori that defines the structure of all hadrons{ femermionic particles ex protons and neutrons .

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 04-11-2019, 06:09 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
If that is a Christian cross, then no it does not help me.

If it is two lines/chords/vectors at oriented at 90 degrees to each other, then I can identify with that as precession and referenecd to;

the 3 sets of 90 degree orientation of the tetra{4}hedrons 6 chords, ergo,

man and woman at 90 degrees to each other, and,

the abstract great circles of 6 tori that defines the structure of all hadrons{ femermionic particles ex protons and neutrons .

It was not a cross from Christianity.

This corny video below expresses it more than I can in words. The interconnectedness of all things, and Heart/being in the center.
Medicine wheel teachings.No need to watch it all, but at least see the symbology up to a bit over a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dLj3HDjS3g
Old 04-11-2019, 10:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
This corny video below expresses it more than I can in words. The interconnectedness of all things, and Heart/being in the center.
Medicine wheel teachings.No need to watch it all, but at least see the symbology up to a bit over a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dLj3HDjS3g
This specific drum sound - with just the right tone and with just the right echo to it (in the beginning of the video) imo. expresses the heart of interconnectedness.

To me it is the ‘Thunderbird’ sound – the Power of that heart ……
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsYdWdgJGXM

It awakens one to Totality in Spiritual sense. When Totality 'encompasses'.

Last edited by sentient : 04-11-2019 at 11:24 PM.