Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-11-2019, 05:47 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
^
Yea, I’m kinda with you there running.

And what you wrote in Buddhist section rang true for me:

“That openness” – exactly.

If one goes ‘spherical and spatial’ one is like the 4 faces of the Buddha, seeing into all directions. What could be simpler.

If one tries to explain ‘that openness’ in linear terms, one will probably end up with a thread 150 pages long and nowhere near getting the concept ‘right’ with so much 'ground' and scriptures etc. to cover.

maybe 200 pages. lol

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 01-11-2019, 05:48 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
The merging Heart knows no bounds.

BOUNDLESS indeed!

edit. add

which is why there may be a feeling of death in the process. because its a paradox for the mind.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 01-11-2019, 06:36 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color .........Space( Time *) i (* Time )Space........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
The merging Heart knows no bounds.

I'm not sure what a "merging heart" is, however, I am sure that heart is related to emotion ergo body ergo biological/soul

And we now that these latter are finite, not infinite ergo not boundless and in fact are seemingly bound by a finite set of cosmic laws/principles.

There exists only to kinds of infinite{ boundless } this or that;

1} macro-infinite, non-occupied space, that, embraces/surrounds our finite, occupied space Universe,

2} metaphysical-1 mind/intellect/concepts ex concept of an infinite set of numbers.

An infinite{ boundless } set of numbers of course do not exist on a piece of paper or on Earth the moon the galaxy or Universe, because concept of infinite{ boundless } is not a occupied space, it is a concept just a concept of space is not an actual Space.

For those who still cannot grasp these rational logical concepts and need more enlightenment I offer this video to help understand via a times table and a circle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhbuKbxJsk8

..."The good old times tables lead a very exciting secret life involving the infamous Mandelbrot set, the ubiquitous cardioid and a myriad of hidden beautiful patterns. Time for the Mathologer to go on a serious fact-finding mission."....

.............Space( Time *) i (* Time )Space...........

....-----arrow-of-Time's----> frequency of axi -----/\/\/\/\/---->

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 02-11-2019, 04:28 PM
Master
Interesting take on 'enlightenment' - the 'gospel according to the dark' via Clatk Strand (podcast): https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000438105196

About Clark Strand: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clark_Strand
Old 02-11-2019, 05:23 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Interesting take on 'enlightenment' - the 'gospel according to the dark' via Clatk Strand (podcast): https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000438105196

About Clark Strand: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clark_Strand

That's pretty cool and I agree that when one has an experience that opens up that perspective there's really no going back. One's world is turned upside-down and inside-out and a new person emerges.

As a side note I've always been drawn to nature and the more remote the better. During my solo backpacking days I'd go to the less traveled wilderness areas where it would be an event to see a single person over the course of six or seven days.

It just made me feel so alive, knowing if when crossing a brook or stream with big and slippery rocks a misstep and bad spill resulting in a broken bone many miles from the traihead would not be good. It really brings one fully into the moment.

At the end of the day and sitting next to the remains of a fire and when it was reduced to hot embers was another very special moment. It's a feeling of oneness with the forest, very serene.

And then there were those moments, being wakened in the wee hours of the morning by a beaver slapping it's tail on the water. It's unbelievable loud! Or waking up to the howling of coyotes off in the distance. That's eerily beautiful.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:59 PM
When your dial is tuned into the God Frequency.

Hows that one?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-11-2019, 07:17 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
When your dial is tuned into the God Frequency.

Hows that one?

FM (No Static At All) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdoCQn_Tjac

Old 02-11-2019, 08:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
That's pretty cool and I agree that when one has an experience that opens up that perspective there's really no going back. One's world is turned upside-down and inside-out and a new person emerges.

As a side note I've always been drawn to nature and the more remote the better. During my solo backpacking days I'd go to the less traveled wilderness areas where it would be an event to see a single person over the course of six or seven days.
I once paid passage by boat to go to Kon Tang, an uninhabited island off the coast of Cambodia. The boat only goes to the island once a week. I was all prepared. I brought only money. I planned on having a really good time. The boat instead went to Kon Chang, a tourist island. I went to the backside of the island and was surprised, the island was packed with tourist which meant all the hotel rooms were full. Surprisingly I found one room which I rented. The owner of the hotel turned out to be a sister of my wife to be.

In recent times, I was walking at night in the mountains on a moon-less night. My little voice told me to stop:
I was on the precipice overlooking a steep canyon.

And then there are the times I have met various rattle snakes .........

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:41 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Surprisingly I found one room which I rented. The owner of the hotel turned out to be a sister of my wife to be.

Ain't that a corker? Funny how things sometimes work out in the most unexpected ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
In recent times, I was walking at night in the mountains on a moon-less night. My little voice told me to stop:
I was on the precipice overlooking a steep canyon.

I never had anything that dramatic, but that little voice is something distinctly different from the normal mind chatter.

Last year in May I was fishing a local lake early evening, using the rowboat at my cousin's camp. Normally when I was heading back in I'd stop and re-fish certain spots, but once I'd get to a hundred yards or so it was straight in because it was usually past sunset and civilian twilight, heading towards nautical twilight.

The little voice in my head told me to stop and take a few more casts about 50' from shore. On the second cast I caught the biggest bass of my life and by
a huge margin!

SF Big Fish.jpg

That's a 24 incher weighing in a tad under 8 lbs. I was a very avid angler, and I say 'was' because I'm certain I can no longer fish, even though I was almost exclusively catch & release.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy

I once paid passage by boat to go to Kon Tang, an uninhabited island off the coast of Cambodia. The boat only goes to the island once a week. I was all prepared. I brought only money. I planned on having a really good time. The boat instead went to Kon Chang, a tourist island. I went to the backside of the island and was surprised, the island was packed with tourist which meant all the hotel rooms were full. Surprisingly I found one room which I rented. The owner of the hotel turned out to be a sister of my wife to be.

In recent times, I was walking at night in the mountains on a moon-less night.
My little voice told me to stop: I was on the precipice overlooking a steep canyon.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.