Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 08:53 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Through discussion we may discover new things... yes

what love is... no.

Xan
Hi Xan: You might even find a 'new' understanding of Love, if you aren't so attached to 'where you are' that you can't go 'even deeper'.. i hope you are not so attached to being the 'Love authority', that you will resist the opportunity to explore 'with' others.. to 'let go of what you know', to discover what you don't know..

Be well..
Old 06-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Hi Xan: You might even find a 'new' understanding of Love, if you aren't so attached to 'where you are' that you can't go 'even deeper'.. i hope you are not so attached to being the 'Love authority', that you will resist the opportunity to explore 'with' others.. to 'let go of what you know', to discover what you don't know...

Likewise, I'm sure.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Greetings..

Hi Xan: You might even find a 'new' understanding of Love, if you aren't so attached to 'where you are' that you can't go 'even deeper'.. i hope you are not so attached to being the 'Love authority', that you will resist the opportunity to explore 'with' others.. to 'let go of what you know', to discover what you don't know..

Be well..
i don't know why you keep insisting that this is the right thing to do?

Old 06-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Master
Quote:

Be well..

Well Bob... I'm not interested in mentally exploring to 'understand' love... just in experiencing it more and more fully.

My choice.

Xan

Old 07-12-2011, 12:35 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Well Bob... I'm not interested in mentally exploring to 'understand' love... just in experiencing it more and more fully.

My choice.

Xan
Do you believe the two are mutually exclusive?

Be well..
Old 07-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Free4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

My choice.

Xan
It is impossible to understand love. You feel love in a state of awareness. It is timeless. Therefore it is impossible to understand. Its crazy to try and understand what you feel because then you feel not. You see? It is crazy to understand anything. The truth is revealed without wonder. All else could be false. In fact understanding is the main cause preventing people from being aware. Everything is a process if undoing winch goes against the nature of thoughts. But it's key to life itself experienced in a state of love. Free of pain. So simple yet so hard to do, because it's not a doing at all. When one learns how to stay aware with thoughts without giving emotion to them then they'll discover truth.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:21 AM
Master
Love is not an idea but known only in feeling.

"Its crazy to try and understand what you feel because then you feel not."

`

Old 07-12-2011, 02:45 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
i don't know why you keep insisting that this is the right thing to do?

I'm not insisting it's the "right thing to do", i'm suggesting it is an equally valid alternative perspective to what others are insisting is the "right thing to do".. i am actually suggesting that people follow their own advice, 'let go'..

Letting go, is neither 'right nor wrong', it's a choice and deed that has 'consequences'.. letting go, really letting go of everything, creates a vast open potential, and.. no matter how sincere one is, or how attached to their understandings one is, any attachment to a conceptual ideology or to that ideology's limitations (i.e.: that 'discussion' cannot reveal what Love is) is simply one person insisting that their experience of Love is valid for everyone included in the 'discussion'

What is curious is the resistance to 'letting go', the resistance to exploring the human potential 'with' other sincerely curious people.. people willing to set aside, not reject, what they 'think they know', and sincerely say "i don't know".. so that every moment is fresh and new, so that Life become a shared exploration of renewal 'with' each other as companions, rather than the structured mantras of, 'this is this and that is that'.. what is being suggested is Liberation from the self-perpetuated 'image' of Authority-Self, and a reunion with the Whole Self..

Every instance of explaining what this or that 'is', is a degree of separation from the 'this or that' being explained.. when i first arrived at this forum 5 years ago, it was common for people to talk about Life in story form, where the story had an organic sensibility that linked the lifes we are living with the inexplicable but inextricable and inherent awareness that we are 'parts' of a greater organic whole.. in this way, it felt like 'growing into' understanding, rather than attending the Spiritual equivalent of 'academic lectures'..

So, hybrid.. no, you "don't know why" i care enough to "suffer the slings and arrows" of those i care about, which is absolutely everyone.. it is because i am certain of my relationship with myself as both 'Part" and as the 'Greater Whole' that is all Parts.. in that certainty is a source of compassion that will never be exhausted.. in that realization is the awe and majesty that sustains my desire that my brothers and sisters have their own glimpse of Life, with Clarity.. i'm not interested in telling someone 'what' their clarity should reveal, there's no shortage of people eager to do that.. i'm interested in genuine clarity, nature will take care of the rest.. when the mind's active influences become still and clear, nature reveals the 'way' it 'is', and there is no 'explaining' that can rival that..

I really am hopeful that people are interested in suspending their understandings, their beliefs, and their knowings.. that, for a decent interval, together we might look out into the limitless filed of potential, sincerely curious about what we can become, rather than attached to what we think we are..

Be well..
Old 07-12-2011, 02:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Greetings..

I'm not insisting it's the "right thing to do", i'm suggesting it is an equally valid alternative perspective to what others are insisting is the "right thing to do".. i am actually suggesting that people follow their own advice, 'let go'..

Letting go, is neither 'right nor wrong', it's a choice and deed that has 'consequences'.. letting go, really letting go of everything, creates a vast open potential, and.. no matter how sincere one is, or how attached to their understandings one is, any attachment to a conceptual ideology or to that ideology's limitations (i.e.: that 'discussion' cannot reveal what Love is) is simply one person insisting that their experience of Love is valid for everyone included in the 'discussion'

What is curious is the resistance to 'letting go', the resistance to exploring the human potential 'with' other sincerely curious people.. people willing to set aside, not reject, what they 'think they know', and sincerely say "i don't know".. so that every moment is fresh and new, so that Life become a shared exploration of renewal 'with' each other as companions, rather than the structured mantras of, 'this is this and that is that'.. what is being suggested is Liberation from the self-perpetuated 'image' of Authority-Self, and a reunion with the Whole Self..

Every instance of explaining what this or that 'is', is a degree of separation from the 'this or that' being explained.. when i first arrived at this forum 5 years ago, it was common for people to talk about Life in story form, where the story had an organic sensibility that linked the lifes we are living with the inexplicable but inextricable and inherent awareness that we are 'parts' of a greater organic whole.. in this way, it felt like 'growing into' understanding, rather than attending the Spiritual equivalent of 'academic lectures'..

So, hybrid.. no, you "don't know why" i care enough to "suffer the slings and arrows" of those i care about, which is absolutely everyone.. it is because i am certain of my relationship with myself as both 'Part" and as the 'Greater Whole' that is all Parts.. in that certainty is a source of compassion that will never be exhausted.. in that realization is the awe and majesty that sustains my desire that my brothers and sisters have their own glimpse of Life, with Clarity.. i'm not interested in telling someone 'what' their clarity should reveal, there's no shortage of people eager to do that.. i'm interested in genuine clarity, nature will take care of the rest.. when the mind's active influences become still and clear, nature reveals the 'way' it 'is', and there is no 'explaining' that can rival that..

I really am hopeful that people are interested in suspending their understandings, their beliefs, and their knowings.. that, for a decent interval, together we might look out into the limitless filed of potential, sincerely curious about what we can become, rather than attached to what we think we are..

Be well..

On many points...nice post Tzu...........I think if people put their feelings aside about how you handle what is passionate to you when they read this post, that they may hear what you are saying.
My experience is that letting go is a practice but the actual openness the practice reveals is a gift.
Blessings, James
Old 07-12-2011, 04:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
On many points...nice post Tzu...........I think if people put their feelings aside about how you handle what is passionate to you when they read this post, that they may hear what you are saying.
My experience is that letting go is a practice but the actual openness the practice reveals is a gift.
Blessings, James

And what the gift of openness does?
Closed Thread