Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 13-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Whoa, you are blessed.
If one is blessed all are blessed. The light I am describing is present when i meditate, which i 'fall' into each night before i fall into sleep. Not the ideal time to meditate according to some. Oh to bask in it all the time ... maybe some do.

Edited ... :)
Old 13-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Sometimes analogies have no place and this is one of them.
Just to say, I do agree with Xan's analogy - that light is there right now in your head - this very second - but until we focus on it - we don't see it.
When our senses -eyes- are looking out we dont see it.
When our eyelids are closed and our focus in on the Third Eye region - I'll say -what?- an inch behind the forehead?
Your chances of seeing this very real Light are there.
But, there is a little more to it ...not much...some people just see it like Sound.

You may see swirls of colors - or flashes or circles - stay with that and simply enjoy the "show" like looking thru a kaleidoscope.

It may be the first time you've ventured into what's going on with your eyelids closed in a dark room...there's lot's there.
It's the beginning to seeing this Light that is not a metaphor.

It's exciting!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Just to say, I do agree with Xan's analogy - that light is there right now in your head - this very second - but until we focus on it - we don't see it.
When our senses -eyes- are looking out we dont see it.
When our eyelids are closed and our focus in on the Third Eye region - I'll say -what?- an inch behind the forehead?
Your chances of seeing this very real Light are there.
But, there is a little more to it ...not much...some people just see it like Sound.

You may see swirls of colors - or flashes or circles - stay with that and simply enjoy the "show" like looking thru a kaleidoscope.

It may be the first time you've ventured into what's going on with your eyelids closed in a dark room...there's lot's there.
It's the beginning to seeing this Light that is not a metaphor.

It's exciting!

So if you have to concentrate on it, doesn't that suggest that you can be creating it?
How wonderful it is, is not relevant because we could be creating that to.
Now if it happened spontaneously, that would be cool and if it stayed, that would be cool too.
Let me ask you this............seeing this light has changed your life and the lives of others how?
Why should one pursue it? Just to experience it? Where does it lead?
Exciting is a good thing......don't get me wrong but holding a baby is probably equally exciting, if not more, and something I can relate to.
I'm just curious.....James
Old 13-06-2011, 07:44 PM
moke64916

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Well James... the sun may be shining while we sleep but we don't see it until we wake up and our eyes are open.

Inner/spiritual light is seen with inner eyes, naturally.

Xan

You see it in your imagination but real as well. Intutive people see stuff through their imagination that gives them extreme insight and knowledge. Unless you are highly intuitive and actual visually see your halo, aura surrounding your whole body, like I do. From what I see. The light I visually see surrounding me, tells me that I'm luminating in the inside.
Old 13-06-2011, 07:50 PM
moke64916

[quote=sound]You are not taking the p..... are you Miss Hepburn? If one is blessed all are blessed. The light I am describing is present when i meditate, which i 'fall' into each night before i fall into sleep. Not the ideal time to meditate according to some. Oh to bask in it all the time ... maybe some do.[/]

Sometimes the best response is no response. It's a waist of valuable energy and brings you further away from the original point you were trying to make in the first place. Humility.
Old 13-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
You see it in your imagination but real as well. Intutive people see stuff through their imagination that gives them extreme insight and knowledge.... From what I see. The light I visually see surrounding me, tells me that I'm luminating in the inside.

Yes... imagining light within can trigger awareness in the real light that is there. People often do this most easily by visualizing the seed light in the pineal in the center of the brain, or the light point in the deep heart center, or the dark red light in the abdomen in the hara center.

Once this inner seeing is primed, light begins to show up spontaneously and in ways that you could not have imagined. That's how you know it's not just your expectation.

Some time ago I was surprised by the lovely feeling that comes with seeing inner light, since this light is pure energy. Bliss, some call it.

Xan

Old 13-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Master
[quote=moke64916]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
You are not taking the p..... are you Miss Hepburn? If one is blessed all are blessed. The light I am describing is present when i meditate, which i 'fall' into each night before i fall into sleep. Not the ideal time to meditate according to some. Oh to bask in it all the time ... maybe some do.[/]

Sometimes the best response is no response. It's a waist of valuable energy and brings you further away from the original point you were trying to make in the first place. Humility.
True ... I did edit though as i realized i was being defensive ...
Old 13-06-2011, 08:10 PM
moke64916

To all of you worried over the light. It's not about seeing it at all. It's ALL about feeling it. Like I said before. The whole point of meditation is to be present so you can feel yourself BEING. Feel the emotion of total bliss. Boy does that feel good. Pure love. The ultimate goal of meditation is to feel your being by being present without he need for meditation exercises. See all the illusions as illusions. Live as your unmanifested self. That is the ultamate goal. Then you can call yourself a spiritual master, unless your not. You see my point? "in the absensce of the illusions, you are-quite literally neither here nor there. And so you have collectively produced these magnificent illusions. A world-and indeed the universe-your own creations. This with which you may decide and declare, create and express, experience and fullfill Who You Really Are. And who do I now choose to be? Every act is an act of self definition. God is in the process of self creation and self-experience in every moment. That is what YOU are doing here". Coming from Gods words in the book. Conversations with God. By Neale Donald Walsch. He is one of gods messengers.
Old 13-06-2011, 08:42 PM
SerpentQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
So if you have to concentrate on it, doesn't that suggest that you can be creating it?
How wonderful it is, is not relevant because we could be creating that to.
Now if it happened spontaneously, that would be cool and if it stayed, that would be cool too.
Let me ask you this............seeing this light has changed your life and the lives of others how?
Why should one pursue it? Just to experience it? Where does it lead?
Exciting is a good thing......don't get me wrong but holding a baby is probably equally exciting, if not more, and something I can relate to.
I'm just curious.....James

In my case, I did not have to concentrate or meditate or anything. In fact, I was not religious -or- spiritual when this happened to me. I did not invite it nor did I pursue it or seek it either. It happened completely spontaneously, and it stayed as a constant presence for 3 months.

I described it on one of the earlier pages in this thread: not an aura. More like rays, coming out of people (holes = holy). White light, not colored. Some had more rays than others. Some were practically all light. The light had a feeling/texture - pure love and bliss.

And then it was like the door slammed shut and I stopped seeing it. But, I can sense it - as someone here says. I can feel it. And sometimes I can see a glimmer of it, usually around a person's eyes.

For years and years I convinced myself it was a byproduct of malfunctioning brain chemistry, and maybe that's all it was. Or not. Did it change my life? Absolutely.

This thread reminds me that awhile back ago I was at a concert, and I saw something wild: several rows in front of me, a swirl of multicolor light suddenly started emanating from the top of some person's head - about 5 feet tall? It is kind of like the chakra illustrations - the ones that show additional chakras above the crown chakra. I watched the swirling lights for the duration of the song, then they disappeared. Now THAT was very different!! And it was different than what I saw years ago. Unfortunately that was just a one-time thing.
Old 14-06-2011, 12:57 AM
Master
moke:It's not about seeing it at all. It's ALL about feeling it.

The whole point of meditation is to be present so you can feel yourself BEING. Feel the emotion of total bliss. Boy does that feel good. Pure love.

The ultimate goal of meditation is to feel your being by being present without he need for meditation exercises. See all the illusions as illusions. Live as your unmanifested self.

Feeling your essence, the presence of being in the form of light or love or sound vibrations, subtly and gradually transforms everything in and around you.

Xan