Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 14-05-2024, 11:26 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Besides, what the self desires, god or souce desires.
If God is in fact One (nondual), meaning God alone Is, what does God have to desire? If God did in fact desire something, meaning there is something not God, then God is in fact not One because there's something that is not God.
Old 14-05-2024, 11:30 AM
Pathfinder
I'm cautious to attribute a human emotion or desire to God. My experience of the source, or the heart of being, is that I am without want or desire. This is a complete singularity within which the play of opposites appears. I do not gain or lose. I do not seek or find. I am.

Non-attachment is my nature. There is no other to be attached to. Contentment is my nature. I am complete without bounds.
Old 14-05-2024, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcup7
I'm cautious to attribute a human emotion or desire to God. My experience of the source, or the heart of being,
is that I am without want or desire.
Well, we certainly all experience God differently!
(I am the extreme opposite having been shown things for decades that God is nothing
if not almost unbearable feelings, a bottomless well of need of our love!
At the same time being Love!
While I've also been shown the 'Void'...just Pure Awareness...the Singular One...and that was ME!) LOL!

I would say - ''want or desire''? That is why God created all 'this', that is Creation Itself! My perspective.
In other words, how would you like to spend eternity alone...such
a profound aloneness? Whew.
(That's what I left with with after being in that Nothingness or Void...was, ''OH! I see why He created everything!!'')_

I'm reminded of the story of God like as a Giant Diamond ...one person approaches and in one facet
sees a man in a robe...
another approaches
from another side and sees a blue boy with a flute and on it goes...but all the same Diamond.
(I'm wondering, this may have come from Isaac Asimov, the science fiction writer.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-05-2024, 12:57 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I am the extreme opposite having been shown things for decades that God is nothing if not almost unbearable feelings, a bottomless well of need of our love! At the same time being Love!
I would say something like this is mind's necessarily imposed limits as it's finite. An object. Relative reality.

Quote:
While I've also been shown the 'Void'...just Pure Awareness...the Singular One...and that was ME!
I would say something like this is those limits stripped away, meaning mind stripped away. Absolute reality.
Old 14-05-2024, 02:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_A_S_G
If God did in fact desire something, meaning there is something not God, then God is in fact not One because there's something that is not God.
All is god and god is all, this means, self, atman or soul or spirit is god. God animates the self or atman, spirit or soul, in the physical human body, like god animates all the parts of the tv as a whole.

Why create a problem, when you are able to solve said problem, to not have the problem to begin with? All problems are self created!
Old 14-05-2024, 02:33 PM
Master
Quote:
I would say - ''want or desire''? That is why God created all 'this', that is Creation Itself!
I will go as far to say that god animates the individual self to be the individual, to experience. enjoy, express and know itself as an individual. How else will god//the infinite nothingness experience. enjoy, express and know itself?
Old 14-05-2024, 02:37 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
I will go as far to say that god animates the individual self to be the individual, to experience. enjoy,
express and know itself as an individual. How else will god//the infinite nothingness experience.
enjoy, express and know itself?
Right!
Thru each individual...the criminal, the ballet dancer ---the spider and the butterfly!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-05-2024, 05:17 PM
Guide
sent you a pm MH.
Old 14-05-2024, 06:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcup7
I'm cautious to attribute a human emotion or desire to God. Non-attachment is my nature. There is no other to be attached to. Contentment is my nature. I am complete without bounds.
That is a fascinating collection of thoughts. I'll say this is response: The question as asked could only ever be relevant to the soul-human experiencing incarnation on the earth plane. Souls in human form feel joy, sorrow, etc. Whereas your observations pertain to the soul from its perspective as a being of spirit.
Old 14-05-2024, 06:22 PM
Master
Also, what of love? Non-attachment is not non-attachment to love. It is attachment to all that is in alignment with Creation, and alignment with Creation is love.

To be complete, is to be love.