Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 20-06-2014, 08:25 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
This is something I have recently realised.
I have had a belief in 'spirits' and 'God' for many years, but being on SF has made me realise that my beliefs are no more credible than someone else's belief in TFs, ETs, fairies, ghosts, genies, Father Christmas or the Jelly Monster.
Spiritual Forums, despite its name, is destroying any spiritual beliefs I have.

I suppose this is it. You are either open-minded that all probably exist (like me) or you just give up believing in anything at all because it sounds too fantastical.
Old 20-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Chirpyrosa

Ecthalion

God is someone or something which defines 'the ultimate'.

We all have different definitions.

If you can come to terms with what is 'the ultimate' to you then you have met God.

If 'renounce' is the ultimate then that is God.

For you are spirit. It is not easy to bind you into what is not your Self.

God has to be our Self.

I think the very foundation of this forum is to give us a little push towards spirituality and t h i s is your SPIRITuality?
Old 20-06-2014, 10:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
I suppose this is it. You are either open-minded that all probably exist (like me) or you just give up believing in anything at all because it sounds too fantastical.
The anything goes new age approach is not my cup of tea, I'll admit. But even a cursory glance at life reveals the form and order in the world, universe and therefore spirit. There are ways to investigate the realities having to do with spirit and spirit evolution. The Akashic, anyone, for example? This information has been passed down, and it's been out there for millennia for anyone who wishes to study it rather than endlessly speculate about it.

But you're already been experiencing that I realize. You speak of your higher self, which is one such reality and spirit understanding. After that, endless speculating about the existence and reality of the higher self no longer applies and is entirely redundant. Once one comes to such truths about the nature of spirit and the human spirit condition, there's no going back to anything goes. The truth is out there.
Old 20-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
The anything goes new age approach is not my cup of tea, I'll admit. But even a cursory glance at life reveals the form and order in the world, universe and therefore spirit. There are ways to investigate the realities having to do with spirit and spirit evolution. The Akashic, anyone, for example? This information has been passed down, and it's been out there for millennia for anyone who wishes to study it rather than endlessly speculate about it.

But you're already been experiencing that I realize. You speak of your higher self, which is one such reality and spirit understanding. After that, endless speculating about the existence and reality of the higher self no longer applies and is entirely redundant. Once one comes to such truths about the nature of spirit and the human spirit condition, there's no going back to anything goes. The truth is out there.

I don't understand what realization of the higher self has to do with me wondering if mermaids exist? (as an example) I have never met a mermaid, so I cannot be sure. I don't believe anything goes, as you put it, but I believe that we are divine and because of that anything we can dream up must have a place in existence somewhere, even if not the way we originally imagine it. How can you dream of something that could not exist? It doesn't make sense to me. You're already creating it as you dream it.

Or is that what you mean.. that we have to experience it to know it? I'm slightly confused on what you wrote.
Old 20-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
I don't understand what realization of the higher self has to do with me wondering if mermaids exist? (as an example)

I'm slightly confused on what you wrote.
Okay... Wondering about mermaids and Loch Ness monsters and UFOs and advanced technological civilizations which may or may not have existed, is not spirit exploration. It's new age speculating. It's the stuff of new age books and Youtube conspiracy documentaries. It's all fun, sure, but it doesn't have anything to do with the inner work of the self-realization path.

Evolving an understanding of the higher self via self-realization practice is authentic spiritual education. That's real and it's true. It's something we can all know via the inner experience. We don't have to speculate or spend internet pages wondering if maybe this and possibly that, and I read a book that talks about...

Is my perspective extreme? Sure, and it's because I'm not really interested in speculating. I'm interested in evolving my inner spiritual self and connecting with those truths - the higher self for example - that lead one to an authentic understanding of both the nature of spirit, and the human soul's relation to spirit.
Old 20-06-2014, 01:21 PM
elisi

i really hate the phrase 'new age'. it carries stereotypes of flowered haired girls named blossom, incense burning pony tailed boys in sandals, how to books up the ying yang, crystal worshiping.....you get my drift.

i work with crystal energy. this is not 'new'. my ancestors used them since the beginning.

so many things associated with new agey stuff is actually recycled old stuff. with some exceptions.

i just hate it whenever someone has an idea that may be slightly out there they are labled new age.

i just got up so maybe i'm not articulating what i mean clearly-but i think you get my drift.
Old 20-06-2014, 01:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
i just hate it whenever someone has an idea that may be slightly out there they are labled new age.
Is telepathy and bi-location and transmutation of physical substance "out there"? Sure. Is it new age? No. It's age-old wisdom. It's what every single human being is capable of once they raise their awareness to a level where they're interacting with etheric and astral energies. This is accomplished though self-realization practices. This is what adepts know, and what Jesus the adept knew and accomplished.

This is different than speculating and wondering if mermaids and the Loch Ness monster actually exist. Mermaids and the Loch Ness monster have nothing to do with the self-realization path of spirit recognition. I really don't know how to make this any clearer. But what I'm going to do is stop talking. Because when people start typing "I just hate it when..." in response to my thoughtful contributions, I know it's time to vamoose.
Old 20-06-2014, 01:40 PM
elisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Is telepathy and bi-location and transmutation of physical substance "out there"? Sure. Is it new age? No. It's age-old wisdom. It's what every single human being is capable of once they raise their awareness to a level where they're interacting with etheric and astral energies. This is accomplished though self-realization practices. This is what adepts know, and what Jesus the adept knew and accomplished.

This is different than speculating and wondering if mermaids and the Loch Ness monster actually exist. Mermaids and the Loch Ness monster have nothing to do with the self-realization path of spirit recognition. I really don't know how to make this any clearer. But what I'm going to do is stop talking. Because when people start typing "I just hate it when..." in response to my thoughtful contributions, I know it's time to vamoose.

i hope you don't leave-i always read your posts. i wasn't targeting you personally-there's many people who stereotype. and sorry, but yes, i do hate stereotyping.
Old 20-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
i really hate the phrase 'new age'. it carries stereotypes of flowered haired girls named blossom, incense burning pony tailed boys in sandals, how to books up the ying yang, crystal worshiping.....you get my drift.

Flower haired girls are like my favorite thing, but I hate pony tails on guys.

Quote:
i work with crystal energy. this is not 'new'. my ancestors used them since the beginning.

Woo - Woot.

Quote:
so many things associated with new agey stuff is actually recycled old stuff. with some exceptions.

Westerners aren't deep in their cultures so they 'borrow' from india and tribal societies and shamans etc.

Quote:

It's not the 'slightly'; it's the far fetched and ludicrous, but that's part of conventional religions, too.

Quote:
i just got up so maybe i'm not articulating what i mean clearly-but i think you get my drift.

My way is there's no point believing things that there isn't any evidence for, and even though an active imagination is a wonderful thing, it means people don't tell the truth all the time, and having an open mind doesn't mean believing everything.
Old 20-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Master
Quote:
i hope you don't leave-i always read your posts. i wasn't targeting you personally-there's many people who stereotype. and sorry, but yes, i do hate stereotyping.
Okay I'm back thanks to you and that post!

All I'm trying to do is define what I feel is the difference between the inner self-realization path, versus external spiritual speculation for lack of a better way of describing it. I shouldn't use terms like new age to differentiate, you're right. And I'm aware that external knowledge does lead to inner awareness, and so now my whole theory is in fact on shaky ground as a result of my being so honest which is really just me coming to this realization as I type which explains this long sentence.