Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Master

Thank you, in progress. I read the channeling and it really reasonates with me. The clearing of the negative energies of the past are what I have been doing this past year, and one of the issues I had was that of helping people who I thought needed my help. Once I stopped doing that, it was difficult to let them go energetically - and the only way I could do that was to stop being around them, but now that I have snipped those energetic cords that bound me to them, I have seen them again and it was so happy and joyful.

I asked the Universe for help with that, and the help was love and light. It was such a good energy to be with them again, and it never felt quite like that before.

So thanks for the link. I enjoyed that, and will go explore more......
Old 16-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unborn_Unity
If time is illusory, and if all the time are 'simultaneous', then how can there be any karmic debt? That would be a debt instantly repaid at the same time it is created.

Although you use the word "illusory" in the context in which it is used it comes close to a question I asked, namely, "can there be karma in an eternal now where past, present and future are one?"

My conclusion first was "no karma can be created." My second conclusion and, for the time being, the last one is that "since karma is simply the law of cause and effect/action begets reaction, there must be what is called karma in an eternal now. Without karma or the law of cause and effect, there would be stasis."
Old 16-04-2013, 05:13 PM
Anandini.Devotee

When you serve others the question of weather it's serving you or not should not even come up. With practice eventually you will learn to to simply do your duty as a human and serve without considering yourself enough to even need to have a discussion such as this
Old 16-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by in progress
"It is not the world and all living things that are illusion, it is mankind's' concept of the world that is the illusion."

They go on to say we create from our own state of consciousness thus the experiences we have and how we perceive them.

"When you see the suffering of others realize that what you are witnessing is the manifestation of ignorance created through beliefs of duality and separation. "

I'd like to meet the person that wrote that and share a few beers with him/her. I've been hearing about the world being an illusion for long enough and nobody has given me - other than personal dogma - anything to explain that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
My conclusion first was "no karma can be created." My second conclusion and, for the time being, the last one is that "since karma is simply the law of cause and effect/action begets reaction, there must be what is called karma in an eternal now. Without karma or the law of cause and effect, there would be stasis."

But then if there is no time then isn't the action/reaction happening in the Eternal Now? If not, how many 'Nows' are there? Because if there is more than one all that's happened is the changing from tick-tock to Now. Is the action in one Now and the reaction in a different Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru.Anandini.Devotee
When you serve others the question of weather it's serving you or not should not even come up. With practice eventually you will learn to to simply do your duty as a human and serve without considering yourself enough to even need to have a discussion such as this

Just the way it should be. Short, sweet and to the point.
Old 16-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Master

lol, LadyTerra, the beginning of wisdom, I hope so. Been wanting to get there.

Greenslade & wstein, those are very good ideas to remember, thanks.
Old 17-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Master
when we are serving others i find that it's about doing what they need as opposed to what they want and in that we are not really serving others so much as just doing what we are best at for the whole of humanity and that which we do serves the potential of humanity to be all it can.

when it is what is wanted it seems empty and pointless no matter how much money is offered... money, what has that to do with serving others? everything and nothing... it has nothing to do with it and nothing to do with it. some must part with money or acquisitions to feel the extent of what they require... others don't need to pay except in their ability to recieve.

all is service... even to ourselves.
Old 17-04-2013, 11:47 PM
Khaldun

I serve others by providing them the opportunity to serve me.

When their will becomes that my will be done, then they will transcend themselves for a higher purpose: which is my purpose for them to devote their lives for fulfilling.

After all ... Just as some people are leaders and others are followers - some people are meant to be servants and others are meant to be served.

And if you discern what's wrong with all that - if you really feel the dissonance with the posture, the attitude - and if the thought of one going on to encourage others to "take their rightful place among the served" etc... sounds every spiritual alarm bell you have...

Then you know exactly what the effect is upon reading people preach the exact opposite approach (emphasizing service all the time).

And in case some still don't get it: this whole post is an exercise in taking the opposite extreme to illustrate the point that both approaches are extremes. I actually prefer the middle instead.
Old 18-04-2013, 01:39 AM
Ascender
Putting into Action - what comes from my heart to help another, without needing any reward back for it - not even a "Thank-you" is necessary for me. So, simply doing something for someone - whatever that might be at the time.

The instigation to do this, is often spontaneous, and triggered ( even urged ) from a "feeling" that comes from my heart, often accompanied by the "feeling" in my gut too ( strange but it happens ). Its weird as i cant help myself...and will respond, however I can in that moment.

" And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?"

Jesus Christ