Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-03-2023, 02:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
..... but what if you are in a work environment and you can’t get out of their way.
I went through this situation once and ended up out of work. It happened because a sinister person was three rungs above me on corporate ladder. But then I found a better place to work. As they say, all's well that ends well.
Old 21-03-2023, 12:59 PM
Master

Aww nice one Kris. Good to hear you found something better.

Yep as I’ve said, sometimes we just have to get out of their way.

I also left a toxic environment and so glad that I did cos everything went so well for me afterwards.

Maybe those people were placed on our path in order to push us onto another one that was more beneficial for us. Who knows.
Old 22-07-2023, 10:52 PM
Pathfinder

I deem my enemies unworthy of a place in my heart and in my mind.
Old 23-07-2023, 01:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
ME, TOO! Rather people that are obnoxious, self-centered, gossips, takers, sloppy drunks, haters, mean...whatever.
Can't think of an enemy.

In short anyone that does not meet our standards ?
Old 23-07-2023, 10:53 AM
Master

I think this “loving our enemies” has become a bit of cliche to be honest especially in The spiritual circles.

I mean when you think of enemies, who exactly are the enemies? Are there REALLY any enemies? How would you define an enemy”

I believe there are only people who are mean, cruel, abusive, deceitful, etc etc but would you really define them as an enemy?

Personally I wouldn’t hate them and I wouldn’t love them. I would just remove myself from them, both physically and mentally.

I feel an enemy are people who come charging into your country with violence and hatred wanting to take over it, such as Ukraine/Russia.

Do I love them? Not really!

Hate them? Well maybe a tad! But what’s wrong with that? Just being human in my opinion.
Old 23-07-2023, 11:01 AM
Master

Love them ? Absolutely not .
I could NEVER do that .
Would I wish them harm ?
Absolutely not.
I could never do that .
But please never ask me to love them.
Old 23-07-2023, 01:47 PM
Master
"The source of peace is within us; so also the source of war. And the real enemy is within us, and not outside. The source of war is not the existence of nuclear weapons or other arms. It is the minds of human beings who decide to push the button and to use those arms out of hatred, anger or greed.” Dalai Lama
Old 23-07-2023, 02:31 PM
Re post 134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
In short anyone that does not meet our standards ?
Standards? If you call thieves, liars, gossipers in general having 'standards' for people ya don't wanna hang out with?
Sure.
That's not the word I personally would use.
I would use preferences - wise choices in the company I keep close.

Paramahansa Yogananda really emphasized the importance of the company we keep.

PS Your question to me is from something I wrote in FEB this yr on page one...helps to mention it was Post 8.
This is for everyone to be aware of...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-07-2023, 02:51 PM
re post 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Love them ? Absolutely not .
I could NEVER do that ..
Love doesn't always take the form of gushing love.
But love can show its face in not hurting them, not wishing them harm as you said...
having compassion that they are so messed up they would do such a thing,
holding hopeful thoughts for their changing their ways, things like that.

That's how I see it anyway.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-07-2023, 03:34 PM
Master

Great quote Sky!