Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 07-03-2023, 02:54 AM
Master

@thecatsmeow

No, I wasn't referring to the "rock star" part (although that's ridiculous marketing), but to the whole underlined part, and especially to the bold part.

As I recall, Melissa is also incorrect on time, parallel universes, afterlife, parallel incarnations, and others, only from what I watched.

I disagree with most of that "blurb", which isn't only an overselling, but in my view, way off.

I won't go back to watching the video to take notes and compare, and I don't intend to argue in support of my (honest) opinion.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 07-03-2023, 09:29 AM
Pathfinder
Oh! Sounds like you disagreed with more or less the whole of what she had to say.

I wasn't trying to knock what you were saying, just questioning what you could possibly have found to be so disagreeable.

Well, everybody's entitled to have an opinion.
Old 07-03-2023, 12:57 PM
Master

Whether she is right or wrong isn’t really important in my opinion. This is just her perception of what she has been told thru her guide or what she observed thru her own spiritual experiences. We all have filters.

I never accept anything of what other people tell me as truth, I just keep it in the back of my mind in a file so to speak. Just another piece of information to look at when needed.

Direct experience for me is the only way to accept something. But that’s just my take on things.
Old 07-03-2023, 07:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsmeow
... just questioning what you could possibly have found to be so disagreeable.

You seem to give a different interpretation and weight to what I wrote than I intended to.

I didn't find it "so disagreeable". I just disagree with some of her beliefs.

To me, the word "disagreeable" means more than disagreeing with; it means "unpleasant". Maybe you use it differently. And when you add "so disagreeable", it means "particularly unpleasant". Further, "what could you possibly" brings it to an even higher level.

I didn't mean any of those. I just disagree with Melissa, and don't recommend her book, nor that video.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 07-03-2023, 07:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
... Direct experience for me is the only way to accept something. ...

I agree, adding that our direct experience is distorted by our beliefs and expectations, so we need to keep a prudent attitude toward what we experience. Otherwise we're getting carried astray.
Old 07-03-2023, 10:06 PM
Pathfinder
Sorry inavalan, my English needs improving!

When I watch something like the above video, if it resonates with me, I allow my thought's and opinion's to be influenced by it. If I never did that then how could I learn and grow from somebody else's experience? I like to remain open-minded, but that's just my opinion.
Old 11-03-2023, 09:02 PM
Pathfinder
Melissa's Book

I enjoyed it in parts; I was depressed by some parts (but I have to stress that was because examples of negative thinking were being listed as illustrations on how not to be) and I was confused in parts (but I'm not in the least scientific and those were the parts that confused me).

Subjects explored included Heaven; Birth, Death and Rebirth; The Universe; Energy-Sound-Frequency; Off World Species (including how this planet was seeded and the direction it took which was a revelation to me and very interesting); Manifestation; Religion; Shame; Addiction; Life Paths; Your Guide; Time Travel; Animals.

It was a long read and covered a wide-ranging list of topics which were very interesting so well worth the money.
Old 20-03-2023, 05:04 PM
Experiencer

I quite liked her and her guide, Aralamb, but keep in mind this is filtered information, and all filters have limitations. Also remember that, here in duality, there are two truths, the relative and the absolute. When we confuse or conflate the two, we create less coherent or even conflicting layers of interpretation. Neither the channel nor her guide would be considered enlightened beings, or Jnanis, in Vedantic terms.

There are some standards now with which I compare this kind of proffered information -- one being the extensive information of a very high order from our own member here, Spirit Guide Sparrow. I also have come across a few other new voices lately that impress me: Jessie Herman is one, another is Althea Lucrezia, who is actually the first online personality who has managed to blow my mind in quite some time. I'm excited by some of the young people coming up these days! It is encouraging!

__/\__
Old 20-03-2023, 09:05 PM
Pathfinder
Melissa allied herself with God, which was one of the reasons I trusted her information, besides which, it has clarity. I agree with previous commenters that we need to be wary of what we're inviting in if ever we decide to try this stuff (which I am not going to do). Here is information about the dangers of doing so. Please protect your selves if you decide to try this stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdHaPzGC8_o&t=5843s
Old 30-04-2023, 03:47 AM
Knower
In my most humble opinion i believe the Matrix movie is speaking of a virtual reality scenario which i do believe in.But its only a metaphor for how we perceive reality thru a consciousness that's defined by the processing of information or coding that creates our reality, This is what i like to eat on a daily basis "Intelligent Design" Theory of course but in the end it would explain all paranormal phenomena.

These are scientist, and Christians who believe in god and this interview is fantastic if you ask me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXex...verInstitution