Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 19-03-2023, 08:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
by the way in my view the poor don't have 'nothing'.... they have something valuable that the rich usually can't attain.

Yes very true. I grew up in a family with money but there was no love. I've seen homeless people laughing with their friends and many have so much love.

Like this video below. Who helped others? The poor did. In another video I saw a man gave a homeless man $1000. He then followed the homeless man from a distance. The homeless man went and bought food and blankets and gave them to other homeless people.

https://youtu.be/II3bpympDcQ
Old 19-03-2023, 02:23 PM
Master

i watched that, so true...

i remember the first time i gave someone some money; he was all about how he was going to get food and pay for shelter and so forth, i said no you're not, you're going to go get some booze. But I don't care so here is some money. He laughed and then invited me to go with him to the local bar lol but I was being a bunny rabbit that day...

The only opportunties I get to give are on the side of the road as I drive by now; I usually don't though... maybe I feel too entitled these days sigh...
Old 19-03-2023, 05:02 PM
Master

I showed a friend the video to ask them what they thought and they said a lot of people may have been scared of the guy asking for a dollar. He was a big guy. I wonder if the same amount of people would have said no if it was a small female. I think there may have been some afraid that when they pulled out their wallet or purse he could have grabbed it and ran off.

One kind of giving that is not about money it to let others say or do mean things to us and not react with any negativity, to just let them. To not react or care. Ego's naturally put down others. Normally we get mad. To just suck it up and let it be there, be aware of it, but let it be, don't react. Ignorance is everywhere in everyone. In a way, not reacting, not caring, is forgiving ourselves for our ignorance as well.
Old 19-03-2023, 11:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
To just suck it up and let it be there, be aware of it, but let it be, don't react. Ignorance is everywhere in everyone. In a way, not reacting, not caring, is forgiving ourselves for our ignorance as well.

like anything, there isn't a hard and fast rule that because a person is rich they are automatically mean, or poor they are automatically nice. Some destitute people have been very mean to me... I haven't actually met any rich people although based on past-life experience I could envision some of them being nice lol...

someone said in another thread, about how horrible it is to be treated like a doormat. And it seems to not make sense to let others do that to you. But, people need to vent their issues on *someone* sometimes and you feel like you can't vent to the people that actually cause problems because of the repercussions... so sometimes, being the one that takes on whatever pain people have, or otherwise lets them have the tiniest bit of control over their own reality that they never could get to before, without trying to stake a claim as well, can help much more than just handing out some money...

but you don't *always* get treated badly either. I feel like, at least some people are grateful just to be 'seen'. To feel like they might have a 'place'.
Old 17-06-2023, 12:36 PM
Knower
aversion or desire/attraction should not be eschewed, but should be independently understood. the source of it, the origin of it not as per Buddhist instructions but as per what is valid for me and you as individuals, because each person is different in this sense. what does that mean ? for example aversion to your friend who has
hurt you. it is not useful to just forget the hurt because of the great desire for enlightenment. but to observe the reactions that have arisen in you and by understanding them, end the hurt at it's source.
Old 17-06-2023, 05:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurab
but to observe the reactions that have arisen in you and by understanding them, end the hurt at it's source.

Yes, understanding 'why' is the remedy.