Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 22-01-2022, 03:37 PM
Master
Thich Nhat Hanh's Passing.

His memory will live on in His beautiful teachings.

This body is not me.
I am not limited by this body.
I am life without boundaries.
I have never been born,
and I have never died.

Look at the ocean and the sky filled with stars,
manifestations from my wondrous true mind.

Since before time, I have been free.
Birth and death are only doors through which we pass,
sacred thresholds on our journey.
Birth and death are a game of hide-and-seek.

So laugh with me,
hold my hand,
let us say good-bye,
say good-bye, to meet again soon.

We meet today.
We will meet again tomorrow.
We will meet at the source every moment.
We meet each other in all forms of life.

TNH
Old 22-01-2022, 04:08 PM
What? Now that is news. Thank you, sky.

“Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet ." TNH

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-01-2022, 04:09 PM
Master
https://plumvillage.org/memorial/

For anyone who is interested.
Old 23-01-2022, 05:36 AM
Master
I learned on my own ..... walking meditation only to find out this was something Thich Nhat Hanh promoted.

Much can be learned from him.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 23-01-2022, 08:14 PM
Master
'Please do not build a stupa for me. Please do not put my ashes in a vase, lock me inside, and limit who I am. I know this will be difficult for some of you. If you must build a stupa though, please make sure that you put a sign on it that says, ' I am not in here.’ In addition, you can also put another sign that says, ' I am not out there either,’ and a third sign that says, ' If I am anywhere, it is in your mindful breathing and in your peaceful steps.’

TNH.
Old 24-01-2022, 09:03 PM
Master
Beautiful context-

death is alluring and enduring—- many of the times we don’t know what the door means? A projection of the subconscious??- a door that just means pain??pseudo pain???- we are immortal at our true bodies—- locked away until first morning is to become-

laying in a bed of images and avartas that were manifested—- just means doors to the manifested into us … each is alike… and much is learnt and lessons that we feel we don’t deserve—- but it’s all just progress and change at the heart of its noise…

Somewhere in the future change is happening by some continuum or time or teleportation- and our pain will be silver linings and treasure and gold—- hard to fathom and provoking—- we learn stamina and happiness out of places were only leaving- (leaving life) or death can hear- we get to listen to that through our pain- pain is growth and knowledge…

Change is pain- honour and winning over justice is pain- just a smoothing noise that wants to be heard/ dominance or power—- personal gratification—- personal power and authority of peace… princes and princess in land of freedom…

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 25-01-2022, 03:44 PM
from Joe Mc - moved here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc

RIP Thich Nhat Hanh
Zen Buddhist Master, Thich Nhat Hanh has died aged 95. I went to see him once give a talk about 20 years ago in London.
He gave a talk and asked everybody present (a few hundred people) to get to their feet and walk outside. We then proceeded
to follow him through the streets of London, very very slowly, mindfully. We walked to to St. James Park a quarter of a mile
away past pubs with people sitting outside on a beautiful Summer's evening. I can still remember the look of ' What the hell is going on'
on their faces, with pints of beer in their hands, as we past them like a slow moving river. Some of them must have thought the
Day of the Triffids had finally come, or Sean of the Dead part 2 was being filmed. hahaha. RIP.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-01-2022, 05:33 PM
Master
Thầy's Funeral Service and Cremation will be held on the 28/29th, it's available for viewing online....
Old 31-01-2022, 09:52 AM
Master
Thay's Ashes Ceremony.

https://plumvillage.org/live-blog-tnh/ashes-ceremony/
Old 02-02-2022, 06:06 AM
Master

https://www.eastmojo.com/news/2022/0...ich-nhat-hanh/

His Holiness the Dalai Lama left a condolence message on the passing away of Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh, the influential Zen Buddhist monk who passed away at the age of 95.

Dalai Lama offered his condolences to the monk’s followers in Vietnam and around the world through a message that read, “In his peaceful opposition to the Vietnam war, his support for Martin Luther King and most of all his dedication to sharing with others not only how mindfulness and compassion contribute to inner peace, but also how individuals cultivating peace of mind contributes to genuine world peace, the Venerable lived a truly meaningful life.”

“I have no doubt the best way we can pay tribute to him is to continue his work to promote peace in the world,” the Tibetan spiritual leader added.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon