Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-07-2021, 12:19 PM
Master
QUOTE 85 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHenson
A god (Hebrew elohim) is anything or anyone that is venerated or considered mighty inasmuch as it is greater than the one attributing the might.
That is what Elohim is. Plain and simple. Eric Clapton is a guitar God (Elohim).
Although I am not an expert in Hebrew terminology ... such as "Elohim" ... what you wrote sounds very very reasonable.

Having met extraordinary beings with my spiritual mentor at the foothills of the Himalayas as well as in other places, I can understand why many would call such beings "God-Men" which would seem somewhat equivalent to your understanding of "Elohim". I often wonder whether the gods and goddesses of ancient Greece and Rome were such beings or whether those stories are completely mythical.
Old 26-07-2021, 12:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 83 EXCERPT:What you wrote is sad but true. The damage that has been incurred by manipulation of some inspired writings ... is indeed ASTOUNDING.
In Christianity, the greatest manipulations I have noticed is the removal, for the most part, of Yahweh from the Bibles followed by what looks like the complete removal of Elohim. If it wasn't for the Hebrew Bibles, I would have never found those 'by the ways'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-07-2021, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 85 EXCERPT:Although I am not an expert in Hebrew terminology ... such as "Elohim" ... what you wrote sounds very very reasonable.
Having met extraordinary beings with my spiritual mentor at the foothills of the Himalayas as well as in other places, I can understand why many would call such beings "God-Men" which would seem somewhat equivalent to your understanding of "Elohim". I often wonder whether the gods and goddesses of ancient Greece and Rome were such beings or whether those stories are completely mythical.
I would not say "God-men", I would say "Everything is God/god".

I see two creation accounts, etc. The idea that we probably are all Gods/god (Elohim) resonates with what some claim probably is the oldest religion, that being Animism.

If we get an understanding of Animism, I suspect we would grasp what Elohim is all about.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-07-2021, 02:38 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
One of the most controversial scriptures found in the Bible is Exodus 6:3. In the King James Bible it reads:

And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

It is the latter part of this scripture that is controversial. The name was known or ...... was it? Or was the writer trying to express some 'other' point? Is there any explanations of why this sentence was written this way?

Jehovah God wanted his Name known to the people he chose as his people. ALL believed in a God, many just didn't know his Name. they were surrounded by MANY false gods and false worshippers. since Jehovah wanted to rescue his people from Egypt. he now wanted to give them a Name. instead of him be called the God of Israel. this would separated them from those of the nations that were worshipping false gods.

some had believe this verse ,(Exo.313,14 Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?” And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you'"). meant that this was God's name, but it's NOT a name, these are words!

Jehovah God had meanings to these words. and his meaning was that he would become or be what he chooses. as we can see from Exodus 6:3 he gave them a NAME. now of course "JHEOVAH" in an English version, is represented by the four Hebrew consonants יהוה. This translation renders those four letters, known as the Tetragrammaton, “Jehovah.” MANY believe it is Yahweh ,and it could be. but since there were no vowels in those times. we don't know what the true Name is. and we won't know until he rid this world of satan and ALL who refuse to follow in Jesus steps. peace
Old 26-07-2021, 06:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50

EXCERPT

MANY believe it is Yahweh ,and it could be. but since there were no vowels in those times. we don't know what the true Name is. and we won't know until he rid this world of satan and ALL who refuse to follow in Jesus steps. peace

If you look in the Masoretic text, the first usage of the Tetragrammaton is at Genesis 2:4 where it reads יְהוָ֥ה which does have the niqquds (vowel points), d'geshims (gemination marks) and cantillations. From this, we can come close to how the name was pronounced.

Genesis 2:7 writes the name a little bit differently. יְהוָ֨ה
Genesis 2:9 shows the word being pronounce even a little more differently. יְהוָ֤ה

There is enough 'information' given in these scriptures to show how the name was 'pronouced'. The problem is, was one 'version of the name' more dominate then the others? All translations seem to lack that information but then, almost all translations do not use the name.

Old 15-08-2021, 03:12 AM
Master
...... and in Exodus 6:3, Yahweh is written as יְהוָ֔ה which is another variation.

Old 15-08-2021, 03:13 AM
Master
...... and this variant might be how Yahweh's name is suppose to be pronounced.

Old 06-09-2021, 12:54 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
Jehovah God wanted his Name known to the people he chose as his people. ALL believed in a God, many just didn't know his Name. they were surrounded by MANY false gods and false worshippers. since Jehovah wanted to rescue his people from Egypt. he now wanted to give them a Name.
What word would you use if you were to translate the English, "Who I Am" or 'I AM' into the Hebrew?

So get behind me you charlatan priests, and you shams
For I am true to my God, to 'MY GOD' "WHO I AM".

This is exactly what the Jews would be saying if they used the name 'Jehovah'. The Jews preferred to say, "Lord God', rather than 'Jehovah God', which translated to English, is, 'I AM God'.

Exodus 3: 14; God said to Moses, "I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM' has sent me to you.'"

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 06-09-2021 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 06-09-2021, 02:31 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
יְהוָ֤ה

There is enough 'information' given in these scriptures to show how the name was 'pronounced'. The problem is, was one 'version of the name' more dominate then the others? All translations seem to lack that information but then, almost all translations do not use the name.

I understand what you wrote down. but God's words were copied from generation to generation, (translation). though those men respect Jehovah's words there was still mistakes made. because these men did not have Jehovah's HS. the ancient Hebrew language was based on consonants. however the reader added "vowel sounds" when reading. based on his own understanding of a particular context. so again, we don't know exactly how God's name was actually pronounced. what sound men made, to make the word is which to write down. doesn't mean it was the exact way to write or say it. the vowels that's used in our time, in order to make the name said. might not be the way those in the days of old said it. again we won't know how God's name is actually pronounced until this world is redone.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 06-09-2021 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 06-09-2021, 02:50 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed
What word would you use if you were to translate the English, "Who I Am" or 'I AM' into the Hebrew? So get behind me you charlatan priests, and you shams For I am true to my God, to 'MY GOD' "WHO I AM". This is exactly what the Jews would be saying if they used the name 'Jehovah'.

I don't know Hebrew, so I couldn't say. but he told Moses to say those words, "I AM" because Jehovah God knew he could be or do whatever he wanted. Jehovah knew the words "I AM" wasn't his actual name. he was making a point. later he DID give Moses a Name ,(Exo. 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them). or the Hebrew word Yahweh. we DON'T KNOW the actual pronunciation for these to names. never-the-less, this is what Jehovah allowed us to use. and I can assure you, I'm NOT here for deception or trickery. I DO worship the God of Israel, the same God who said..."I AM WHO I AM." peace

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 06-09-2021 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences