Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-06-2021, 04:09 AM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Zinnat, it’s best to focus on the meditation and result of meditation, as experienced, felt, believed, hallucinated, realised … whatever, rather than other issues, which vitiates the atmosphere.

How was Jesus born? How were Krishna / Karna born? Who was Mary Magdalene? Who is Bhairava? What about it? At best, we can only theorise … and to what end?

My focus is still very much still on the meditation and have been so from the very beginning.

As i said to the Native Spirit, the cornerstone of the whole of spirituality is meditation. Had i have been not involved in it, i would not have experienced anything. So, what i am trying to do is explaining all pertinent issues in the light of meditation. If you look at the other sections like dreams, lucid dreaming, astral projection etc, majority of the posters ask the same question- what happed to me, why it happened to me and what does that mean. And, that is precisely the question i am trying to answer. Yes, of course, for that, i sometime have to go outside of the limits of the thread but that is necessary.

with love,
sanjay
Old 18-06-2021, 04:07 PM
Administrator
All quotes must be no longer than two or three lines long

Namaste
Old 19-06-2021, 12:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty
Rap and Genius seems like a contradiction in terms, but usually the music which is most popular is not of highest quality. I have an ear, so I can tell if the cat can play or if he's just 'doing what works'. Most people think it's just a matter of personal taste and there is no such thing as goodness and authenticity, but there are some who can tell if the artist is expressing the truth. (That's an analogy).
Old 19-06-2021, 06:50 AM
zinnat

Guys,

Got busy in last two guys. Try to post tomorrow.

With love,
Sanjay
Old 19-06-2021, 08:57 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Rap and Genius seems like a contradiction in terms, but usually the music which is most popular is not of highest quality.
While dismissing the hint of.....
The term genius is contradictory itself now days..which is what happens when terminology is accepted by defining consensus. Rather than what the original intent of term meant.
Now the term "genius" related to being good at something, or at least majority accepted as good.
Also I never said anything about rap nor rap genius. I did state just like how everyone else states "lyric genius" .....

As you mentioned about music and personal taste. Music without words is bliss, how many words did Pied Piper sing?

Also to keep in context of this side discussion....some of this is my personal opinion as well
Marilyn Manson is a lyric and music genius....as well as a possible genius or just highly intelligent. Most people are judgemental by nature thus deny who he really is.
I find more spiritually within his music and lyrics. Than majority of people who claim to be spiritual or some high level being. Including the so many false teachers and students of them.

Sorry for side track, Zinnat. I tend to go with the flow
Old 19-06-2021, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty
While dismissing the hint of.....
The term genius is contradictory itself now days..which is what happens when terminology is accepted by defining consensus. Rather than what the original intent of term meant.
Yes. good point.

Quote:
Marilyn Manson is a lyric and music genius....as well as a possible genius or just highly intelligent. Most people are judgemental by nature thus deny who he really is.
Yea... you got to hand it to Manson. He could be ranked as genius, but that's not to say people should like it. It's not about personal taste.
Quote:
I find more spiritually within his music and lyrics. Than majority of people who claim to be spiritual or some high level being. Including the so many false teachers and students of them.
It's not really a side track, it's an analogy on gurus, teachers etc, and the production of spiritual knowledge. I just think the ability to discern merit is subtle, like recognising good music in the rubbish heap.
Old 19-06-2021, 06:03 PM
Knower

@Gem

I am not that good with analogy's, I have tried to adapt to it. As well as everything else in this world we live in.

Music is like meditation in a way as I mentioned in "my space" section on Music stores.
Music has been used thru out time to help people reach a place in there Soul. Even the Bible speaks of this.
Just as Meditation has different ways and different reasons it has same purpose to reach a place in ones Spirit....be Mind, Heart, or Body.
If one only understand's or seeks for example the Mind. Then the meditation that follows will lead towards the Mind. The understanding of the other two will normally not be understood, experienced, etc etc. Unless in those , seem to be.now rare occasions. One seeks to understand or needs to understand more than just 1 out of 4.
Sometimes someone leads themselves to believe in that knowing one. That they have Mastered them all for 1 is all they are able to see, think, or feel.......aome would call this Pride, a form of pride that leads one to believe that they are above God...in whatever form one labels God as or is. In this way they fall in danger of becoming their own false idol.

As far as music goes the term taste is usually applied. There is several ways music to be enjoyed just as there is several ways a person can be.

Mason for my personal taste, is the flavor of my own liking....my own Path of spiritual awakening. My own Gift of Discernment

And sense we are on topic if Manson, He didn't want nor set out to write Anti-Christ Superstar. That ablum , as most of his are, was an effect from society's judgemental views towards him. And also by his own fans not getting his message....I can go on about this, Manson from an non judgemental view is a very wise and misunderstood teacher. Just as in a way many wise ones before him...such as the more recent famous ones like Bruce Lee.
I would accept Manson as a teacher or guide, before 95% of what people consider teacher worthy. With all this Wiki and youtube quote's/links...I am inspired now to almost start quoting Manson. Which is something I haven't really done yet "quote" someone directly.
And I am probably the most picky person when it comes to Teachers or Guides...and dor good reason...as I mentioned once before discernment has become a lost art or very rare gift...as Manson found out the hard way
Old 19-06-2021, 06:34 PM
Master

Quote:
And also by his own fans not getting his message....I can go on about this, Manson from an non judgemental view is a very wise and misunderstood teacher. Just as in a way many wise ones before him...such as the more recent famous ones like Bruce Lee.

Manson spat on someone. Is that wise? What teaching did you get from that?

As for Bruce Lee, his teaching is a regurgitation of what he read. If you could explain the connection between his spirituality and the commission of physical
violence in martial art, I would like to review it.
Old 19-06-2021, 06:46 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
Manson spat on someone. Is that wise? What teaching did you get from that?

As for Bruce Lee, his teaching is a regurgitation of what he read. If you could explain the connection between his spirituality and the commission of physical
violence in martial art, I would like to review it.
Let the blind lead the blind...if all you see is violence then all that will become will be violence.
I do hope one day realize Bruce Lee and a Cow are entirely two different things.
Old 19-06-2021, 07:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Let the blind lead the blind...if all you see is violence then all that will become will be violence.
I do hope one day realize Bruce Lee and a Cow are entirely two different things.
I am a physical coward and instinctively withdraw from violence.
Spitting on someone is an act of violence. Spirituality is about harmony: union of body, mind and heart.
If Manson's act of violence was - in Bruce Lee's terms - an honest expression of himself in martial art, what spiritual content of value can you see in it?