Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 21-09-2019, 05:39 PM
Pathfinder
Paralell Universes and quantum physics

I found this article quite interesting. Comments?
Quote from article:
In 1957, a Princeton physics graduate student named Hugh Everett showed that the consistency of quantum mechanics required the existence of an infinity of universes parallel to our universe. That is, there has to be a person identical to you reading this identical article right now in a universe identical to ours. Further, there have to be an infinite number of universes, and thus an infinite number of people identical to you in them.

Most physicists, at least most physicists who apply quantum mechanics to cosmology, accept Everett’s argument. So obvious is Everett’s proof for the existence of these parallel universes, that Steve Hawking once told me that he considered the existence of these parallel universes “trivially true.” Everett’s insight is the greatest expansion of reality since Copernicus showed us that our star was just one of many. Yet few people have even heard of the parallel universes, or thought about the philosophical and ethical implications of their existence. Kepler and Galileo emphasized that the Copernican Revolution implied that humans and their planet Earth are important in the cosmos, rather than being merely the “dump heap of the filth and dregs of the universe,” to use Galileo’s description of our standing in the Ptolemaic universe.
Complete afticle at - https://www.edge.org/response-detail/27034
Old 22-09-2019, 05:16 PM
Pathfinder
Usually we jump from one parallel universe to another without realizing it but if we pay attention to details in our surroundings we can sometimes spot it.
When I lived in Oklahoma I was largely self sufficient but there were certain basic necessities I couldn't provide so I made a monthly trip to town to get them. Part way on the drive I would pass over a small stream and I often wondered if it was worth fishing in.
Then one day as I made the drive the stream was no longer there; in fact there was only a slight depression between hills. It was overgrown and there was no indication that it had ever been a stream. I knew at that time I had switched universes. Had I not taken particular note of it beforehand the switch may well have never been noticed.
Old 23-09-2019, 08:29 PM
Knower
Michio Kaku once said something about universes intersecting. He said you could be walking down the street then all of a sudden seemingly "out of nowhere" someone bumps into you as if they didn't see you and you didn't see them. He said that is universes intersecting. I guess that could account for us switching universes. For over 5,000 years Hinduism has matter-of-factly accepted the idea of multiple/parallel universes.
Old 25-09-2019, 12:29 AM
Pathfinder
Some think that every time we make a choice we create another universe but if the theory of infinite universes is correct there already exists a universe in which you made every possible choice. In that case you simply shift your consciousness to that other me in that other universe when you make the choice.