Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Bluegreen

…and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

I would love to hear people’s thoughts about the following.

For years I thought that the universe, God/Light, was all there is until I came across the description of the Absolute, (also called the Void by others), in The Secret Doctrine by H.P. Blavatsky.

Quote:
It is "Be-ness" rather than Being (in Sanskrit, Sat), and is beyond all thought or speculation.
http://www.blavatsky.net/blavatsky/s...ndamentals.htm

Years later I came across descriptions of the Void which resembled the description given by Theosophy.

http://www.vision.net.au/~apaterson/spiritual/void.htm

Quote:
The experience was terrifying to me as a child because the VOID had no actual form and as such was empty, yet paradoxically was so big as to be seemingly infinite (even though I couldn't conceptualize infinite at the time), hence my childhood perception that it was HUGE. But perhaps more disturbing to me as a child was that IT could not be defined in any terms of this reality in that it had no tangible presence even though I was intimately aware of its presence (a paradox). Thus, there was no sound, no sight, no taste, no smell, no feel and no emotion about it, and yet somehow I was fully aware of its presence. Because the VOID seemed to be everywhere yet paradoxically nowhere, there was nowhere for me as a child to hide from it, which was why I was so terrified of it. I might add IT never did anything to harm me; it appeared to be devoid of emotion and just seemed to be dispassionately observing me. (The quintessential dispassionate observer so to speak)

'A primordial emptiness of cosmic proportions and relevance' - Stanislav Grof

The following website also is interesting:

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/...azzledark.html

Quote:
It was as if I'd emerged freshly made (complete with all the memories that constitute my personal identity) from a vast blackness that was somehow radiant, a kind of infinitely concentrated aliveness or pure consciousness that had no separation within it, and therefore no space or time.

Then there is the experience of Mellen-Thomas Benedict:

http://www.mellen-thomas.com/stories.htm

Quote:
I was in the Void.

I was in pre-creation, before the Big Bang. I had crossed over the beginning of time/the First Word/the First vibration. I was in the Eye of Creation. I felt as if I was touching the Face of God. It was not a religious feeling. Simply I was at one with Absolute Life and Consciousness.
When I say that I could see or perceive forever, I mean that I could experience all of creation generating itself. It was without beginning and without end. That’s a mind expanding thought, isn’t it?

There are more sources but to quote them would make the post too long for people to even want to start reading it. As a matter of fact, it may be too long already.