Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2024, 08:20 AM
Pathfinder
Fish Exploring space and time

Hopefully a useful contemplation here.

Where are you? I could say I am in my house in Wales in the United Kingdom. But that's not accurate enough. 'My' assumes there is a designated me that owns something. But ownership is a man-made concept - we cannot accept it as truth. 'House' vaguely refers to a building within a designated area of land, which again is only defined by humanity. Insects and spiders that pass through the house area don't see it as separate from anything else.

The definition of the country Wales within the larger area of the United Kingdom is also man-made. There are no real boundaries to define it. This kind of description of where we are is relative and has its uses, but it's not true.

It could also be considered that the place where the human form is in space is different now to where it was at the start of this sentence. Humans are within a spinning planet that circles the sun, which swirls within the galaxy. Our place in the universe is continually changing.

Yet there is a stillness. Wherever we are in the universe it is always experienced here. Even things that seem at a distance are experienced here. A bird on the fence, a hilltop, a distant star, are all experienced here. We experience space and distance right here. You have never truly experienced anywhere other than here.

It is similar with time. What time is it? I could say it's 9.15am on Saturday 6th April 2024. But that's all man-made. Insects, birds and sea creatures don't use that time frame. Seconds, minutes, hours, days, years, are all human definitions. They are useful labels but not the truth.

As with space, all time is experienced right now. 6th April 2023 was experienced now. The appearance of change that humanity has labelled and defined continually flows within our experience, which is timelessly now.

We experience distance and change, space and time, in the oneness and stillness of here and now. It's important to ground ourselves in the true here and now if we get carried away with the play of space and time. It's important to recognise that the world is a play of opposites whilst we remain as we are, complete peace, without limitation. Drop the labels and be as you are.