Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2023, 11:39 PM
Master
@ Gem ~ I agree that God, if a concept, a theory, a belief system, an affirmation described in a religious or scripture text, yes, in that case, it becomes blind faith perhaps, a crutch to hold onto. However, rather than being an atheist, which takes a firm cynical position, if we approach life as an agnostic, open and receptive to whatever appears and then recognition of God dawns as an epiphany, what then?

In my case, I studied in an engineering college and we were taught to analyse everything, thus left brained. Weigh it, size it or infer by data, if abstract. As such, although born in a traditional Hindu family and having studied in a Catholic school, I was yet drawn toward Buddhist concepts of silence and emptiness. However, when came a time that exhausted with fickle fate, I turned my attention inward, that I first experienced definitive magnetism (kundalini, chi, Holy Spirit) and engaged in unmistakable telepathic communication with a wise formless presence, we may take as a spirit guide or master. Why, even in the inky black void experience of oneness, where there was a communication with a ‘higher’ being, let’s say that too was not God but a teacher perhaps.

When offered an experience, we embrace it but later analyse.

Anyway, suffice to say, not only I but a few friends of mine have ‘seen’ God in a realisation that is unmistakable. The knowing however, even if shared, how will it help someone who has not seen, who is perhaps sceptical, who being yet in lower mind, will dismiss it as fanciful imagination induced by self-hypnosis?

In fact, let’s drop below God-level and speak of anything at all. The tendency, reflex reaction, is to hold our view as valid and the other persons as invalid. Is it not so?

Take kundalini. The one who has experienced, who has been energised, he knows. For someone who has not experienced, it is just a fanciful concept.

Then bliss. Bliss in permanence, just like our breath, independent of external circumstances. Those who have imbibed and assimilated, it’s true for them but not for others.

Then singularity, be it samadhi (passive but vibrant) and Self (living light eternal) ~ valid for those who have been, seen and so known but not so for those who haven’t.

Yet lower, silence where there is no thought but we are, as we are, poised in stillness, attention animated in agendalessness, receptive, cognisant, mindful, watchful ~ for those who cannot imagine cessation of thought, it is an impossibility.

Then meditation itself. Is it breath watching, a yogic kriya, a silent chant, entering trance, a prayer, a melding with the sunset, lovers holding hands, dissolving in the fragrance of a rose ~ all these and more with imagined volition or imagined non-volition? If someone suggests a visualisation, is it meditation or is it not? Are the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra 112 meditations valid or is it all gibberish?

It would appear that we each pat ourselves in the back, holding our doing or non-doing as the only path. But it isn’t like that. No. All riverlets flowing down the mountain join the river which flows into the ocean.