Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2023, 09:39 AM
Master
Color An orientation shift

Alright, the topic being meditation for which we have a plethora of practices and techniques ranging from breath watching, mindfulness, walking meditation, chanting or simply sitting silently, observing thoughts rising and subsiding until they fade out altogether or more dramatically, we have the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra 112 meditations ~ so no, this thread is not about a this or that method but an invitation to look at meditation as not a doing for a few minutes or several hours maybe but as a flowing orientation.

Essentially, what I wish to both share and discuss is how spiritual development occurred in my case, including dwelling in silence, what is loosely called meditation.

First, I have never meditated in as, as a doing, that is, taking time out from what I am to sit somewhere separately for meditation. Rather, what happened was that, upon recognising the futility of searching for joy in the pursuit of material objects, I just shut down the thinking process altogether, since I found it leads nowhere. Just like that, like a bad habit, I stopped.

Looking back I find that most people cannot relate to this simple choice. Sans thought, what are we? Awareness yet is but identity takes a back seat and finally drops away one day ~ but that is another story.

It’s not that I haven’t read a bit here and there, I have. Lower mind questions, it has doubts, that’s its job.

So, thought cessation. It’s a shift, an orientation shift. After that, allowing for some attention oscillation owing to past momentum, our default fulcrum becomes silence and stillness, which in my case was made easier by bliss enablement in permanence by the kundalini energisation process, which happened spontaneously and effortlessly.

For lack of correlation I would say it is a meditation continuum, wherein we resurface from time to time to engage in the external world, when necessity so demands. In the flowing orientation, there is no seeking simply because there remains no active identity which seeks something. All that is, is fullness in emptiness.

It is, we may say, heightening awareness without effort through waking and dreaming, looking without interfering, refining residual responses since if there is a response, there is yet an identity.

Identity or ego too is alright since it is needed just like any limb of the body we need from time to time, to function. That’s it.

Ultimately, we may say, it is not possible to classify that this is body, this is soul or whatever and this is the ultimate. We become all these, as of where our attention pulsates at any given time. There is no effort needed, only an orientation shift.