Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2020, 01:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Most people meditate with their eyes closed making it difficult to ascertain exactly what they report as 'seeing'. I meditate with my eyes open and what I see generally is some interesting things. People used to go to seances and saw things with their physical eye. Now, most people have their eyes closed: a completely different experience.

When running meditation groups, I often advise beginners to sit with their eyes "half open" gazing at the floor at a 45 degree angle. Closed eyes can induce sleep while open eyes (initially) leaves them open to distractions which they may not be able to handle initially. Eventually, of course, it does not matter whether the eyes are open or closed. I do both depending on the setting.

Regarding the open eyes and "seeing" in that state, I was discussing meditation with an acquaintance many years ago and the discussion alone can draw me into a meditative state. While we were talking, he indicated that the spirit of his uncle, with whom he had a problematic relationship when he uncle was on the earth plane, was in the room with us at that moment. I looked at my staircase and saw a figure standing there. I asked him if his uncle was a tall, thin man standing on the third stair. He was stunned that I saw him too exactly where he saw him and the description was accurate. Although my eyes were open and we were both seeing the same thing, I reflected on that more afterwards. Were we having a joint hallucination? Was I picking up his projected thoughts telepathically? Was the higher power manifesting as his uncle before our eyes? Was it literally the spirit of his uncle? Could there be other explanations?

This happened with my eyes fully open. You raise an interesting point.